Why do Somalis think Habesha = Amhara/Tigrayan Christians?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
What truth? You lie out of thin air, acting like you know us, move yourself:camby::mjlol:. Let me guess you have a Muslim Tigrayan friend, the usual dumb excuse:mjlol:.

Christian Tigrayans dont even like the term now because its associated with the Ahmara opposition. You told me your anti TPLF so your leaning towards Ahmara anyway

Christian Tigrayans dont even like the term now because its associated with the Ahmara opposition. You told me your anti TPLF so your leaning towards Ahmara anyway
We prefer our own ethnic name obviously but I am talking in general. People don't even use this term in Ethiopia, it has become a diaspora thing.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
My friend you are not exactly genetically somali or linguistically cushitic:drakekidding:.
Its nice you want to be us but you are not :drakekidding:, you are an odd one out of most I've seen:cosbyhmm:

I'm not claiming Somali. We rather associate with Arabs since most of us are of that origin. I was in Qatar and they recognized my language but if you speak Amharic, they call it the language of the slaves.

I'm not claiming Somali. We rather associate with Arabs since most of us are of that origin. I was in Qatar and they recognized my language but if you speak Amharic, they call it the language of the slaves.
How can they tell how to speak harari:drakekidding:, your language is barely any different to amharic:drakekidding:

Claim Arab i dont really care, even though thats delusional, just don't claim us, unless you are half somali from fathers side:drakekidding:

f*ck you. Harari are 100% Muslims and are related to Somalis than Christian xabeshas. The hararis were part of the Adal Sultanate. We even had Harari officials in Siad barre Army.

Some of them even wanted to join the Somali republic.

If we succeed in Ogaden war we would also liberate our harari brothers.

No they're not related to Somalis. You guys are Cushitic. Hararis are Semitic.

Anyone who is superior can only be known thoroughly by examining their features. Somalis from Djibuti, Awdal are the purest.

Most Somalis have intermixed with Negroes unfortunately. For example, if you are Hawiye, you have at least one immediate Negro ancestor within the last 4 centuries at a rate of 80%. I would argue the same for Darod, especially the ones in Mudug and the southern riverine communities of recent immigration.

I agree with you @Amira this hate is unjustified, i was blasted yesterday for wanting to learn tigrigna, even though it is also a language spoken in Eritrea, who's government has more of a reason to hate Ethioipa, so why hate them? :ayaanswag:

Somalis do not understand the demographics of the horn. They probably don't know that the tigré are also nearly 100% Muslims and live in Eritrea and Sudan.

Hate the government (which no longer exists:mjlol:) for taking ogaden, but do not be xenophobic and racist to such an extent that you label all Ethiopians and Habesha the same.

You are so fucking stupid. What does a Somali man know about what the Amhara and Tigrayan Muslims call themselves? They are Habesha.

No you are the stupid one. Why would any Muslims call themselves a Habesha?

Habesha is a cultural and religious identity. Its associated with Christianity.

Learn history moron.

Learn history moron.

Please keep quiet on things that don't concern you and know nothing about. You are a Somali man. You have no place or right in telling all the Tigre, Jeberti, Amhara, Gurage, Harari and Bilen Muslims they are not Habesha simply because of our faith.

The first Muslims ever on the Horn were Habeshas (the Tigre and the Jebertis). Habesha is just a term for the Eritrean and Ethiopian tribes that originate from the Aksum Kingdom and have semitic ancestry/languages. It has nothing to do with Christianity. You just think that because when you see Ethiopian or Eritrean culture, videos and music, all you are shown are the cultures of the Christian Amhara and Tigrayans. So you think that's all there is to Habesha. But no, there are millions of Muslim Habeshas.

Please keep quiet on things that don't concern you and know nothing about. You are a Somali man. You have no place or right in telling all the Tigre, Jeberti, Amhara, Gurage, Harari and Bilen Muslims they are not Habesha simply because of our faith.

The first Muslims ever on the Horn were Habeshas (the Tigre and the Jebertis). Habesha is just a term for the Eritrean and Ethiopian tribes that originate from the Aksum Kingdom and have semitic ancestry/languages. It has nothing to do with Christianity. You just think that because when you see Ethiopian or Eritrean culture, videos and music, all you are shown are the cultures of the Christian Amhara and Tigrayans. So you think that's all there is to Habesha. But no, there are millions of Muslim Habeshas.

I know the truth hurts.

Most muslims wouldn't want to be associated with Aksum empire. If so why did the harari join the Adal sultanate against the Aksum and Habeshas?

We all know Aksum was always Christian empire.

Harar was also part of Ottoman empire after the fall of Adal sultanate.

Screw Ethiopians and the Habesha. Bunch of ugly raw meat eating aids infecting illiterate morons.

Learn history moron.

I'm calling you and @Young Popeye out as he liked this stupid comment as well

Habesha is a CULTURAL and LINGUISTIC identity, Ethiopian and Eritrean Semitic people who have a common history of southern arabia.

Habesha identity existed before they adopted Christianity in 330 AD and Islam at the time of the prophet.

You can be Xabashi and Muslim!

Young Popeye

Call me pops

Hararis dont originate from Aksum. Aksumites were Sabaeans while Hararis are of Himayritic background. Harari "a people of eastern Ethiopia now mixed with the Somali but originally Himyaritic Semites" https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Harari

Hararis dont originate from Aksum. Aksumites were Sabaeans while Hararis are of Himayritic background. Harari "a people of eastern Ethiopia now mixed with the Somali but originally Himyaritic Semites" https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/Harari
That's the worst thing you could have linked:drakekidding:
Please tell me why your language is close to amxaro:draketf:
And why you happen to be the only xaar-ari i can find thats so angry about this (that also happens to be on a somali forum). I still believe you are half Somali:drakekidding:
Now you are claiming himyar:drakekidding:, your people sure do have a lot of origins, 17 and counting:drakekidding:Himyar is newer than sabaean

That's the worst thing you could have linked:drakekidding:
Please tell me why your language is close to amxaro:draketf:
And why you happen to be the only xaar-ari i can find thats so angry about this (that also happens to be on a somali forum). I still believe you are half Somali:drakekidding:
Now you are claiming himyar:drakekidding:, your people sure do have a lot of origins, 17 and counting:drakekidding:Himyar is newer than sabaean

Please don't insult him there are other harari members.

I know a lot of somalis married or have Harar ancestors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts