why do somalis look down in single moms?

That's because Fathers tend to dictate the identity of the household. Pretty much every half-somali person I've seen completely rejects their somali side when they have an ajanbi father.

Don't lie. I've never seen a half Somali with an ajnabi mum speak their language or even properly identify with their Somali side.

In theory, you're Somali if your dad is, however, because language and culture is passed down through mothers, those said 'Somali' kids tend to feel closer to their mothers heritage, especially if the mother is from a strong culture.

single parents aren't something to glorify.... and they weren't glorified until society became degenerate..... previously they were seen as a social menace, as that is how they are seen in a healthy society

Shut it. No one saying it should be glorified. But nor should women be vilified for it. Death happens, divorce also happens. Get over it.

Some of the Prophet s.aw wives were divorced and some were widowed with children. They were at one point single mothers. So no, they were not seen as a social menace.Why should women that are trying their best to raise children be considered social menace?

Again, your point is retarded.

Shut it. No one saying it should be glorified. But nor should women be vilified for it. Death happens, divorce also happens. Get over it.

Some of the Prophet s.aw wives were divorced and some were widowed with children. They were at one point single mothers. So no, they were not seen as a social menace.Why should women that are trying their best to raise children be considered social menace?

Took the words right out of my mouth now I dont have to reply to this clown. Thanks sis

Exodus

Alienist
It says a lot about a person when they are a single mother, obviously, not all are the same but a majority is because of bad decision making.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Really? I feel like they glorify it. Somali women hate being tied down to a man so even when they are married it’s like they are single mothers with a second income. And then the men like being lazy and praise the girls doing every thing by themselves. I don’t even remember the last time a seen a household where the dad wasn’t (in the words inquisitive) a “toothless ceremonial figure” lol

But the single mom group is a good idea. It’ll give the more isolated single mothers a chance to network, find baby sitters, daycares etc
It has nothing to do with Somali women's desire of not wanting to tied down(it doesn't even exist).If that was the case,why didn't this issue exist with our forefathers?

About the not wanting to be tied down thing,its not for a specific gender.I would rather travel solo than settle down with another person.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Don't lie. I've never seen a half Somali with an ajnabi mum speak their language or even properly identify with their Somali side.

In theory, you're Somali if your dad is, however, because language and culture is passed down through mothers, those said 'Somali' kids tend to feel closer to their mothers heritage, especially if the mother is from a strong culture.
Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist

Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they don't exist

Mothers are the caregivers and nurturers. Fathers across the board tend to be the breadwinner and therefore usually out of the home.

It is a fact most mixed race kids speak their mothers language as their first language, UNLESS they are raised in their fathers land.

Languages are referred to 'mother tongue' for a reason. If your hooyo was not a Somali woman, you probably wouldn't know how to speak Somali.

In this day age we have a surplus of western Xalimos and Abdis with TWO Somali parents that can't even speak Somali. I don't know what fantasy land you're on.

Last edited:

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Mothers are the caregivers and nurturers. Fathers across the board tend to be the breadwinner and therefore usually out of the home.

It is a fact most mixed race kids speak their mothers language as their first language, UNLESS they are raised in their fathers land.

Languages are referred to 'mother tongue' for a reason. If your hooyo was a not a Somali woman, you probably wouldn't know how to speak Somali.

In this day age we have a surplus of western Xalimos ans Abdis with TWO Somali parents that can't even speak good Somali. I don't know what fantasy land you're on.
Kenya:siilaanyosmile:

A man who leaves a mother or wife means she wasn't worthy ie she was a or nothing more than a one night stand, complain all you want about the father being a deadbeat, first impressions count. If a man thinks your worthy enough to be his wife or mother of his kids, he will stay around and put out the engagement ring.

A man who leaves a mother or wife means she wasn't worthy ie she was a or nothing more than a one night stand, complain all you want about the father being a deadbeat, first impressions count. If a man thinks your worthy enough to be his wife or mother of his kids, he will stay around and put out the engagement ring.

We are Muslim, therefore this topic is not about one night stands. It is about married couples who opt to divorce, therefore the mother becomes a single mother.

Also, men leave women all the time, and women leave men as well. Some people are just not compatible. A person's worth isn't measured by a relationship.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby

Languages are referred to 'mother tongue' for a reason. If your hooyo was a not a Somali woman, you probably wouldn't know how to speak Somali.

In this day age we have a surplus of western Xalimos ans Abdis with TWO Somali parents that can't even speak good Somali. I don't know what fantasy land you're on.
Met so many ajnabis with Somali mothers and non of them no their language,and about those facts you were talking about,I would like to see them:yacadiim:

Do you not read English?

Single moms are a menace (unless they have a legit reason).

Your entire post is a strawman argument.

strawman2.jpg

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Most Somalis are raised by a single mother, whether your mom and dad were divorced or not we know who raised you, who showed up at your school meetings, got up in wee hours to make you breakfast, went to school shopping with you. Anyone who looks down on a single mother is a moron.

Met so many ajnabis with Somali mothers and non of them no their language,and about those facts you were talking about,I would like to see them:yacadiim:

Who stays home and teaches children? Mum or dad?

Also, were those kids the children of western Xalimos? A lot of western Xalimos don't even speak their language let alone pass it down to their children whether they are Somali or not.

apparently the words in your mouth were also the same strawman argument then

I don't think you even know what a strawman argument even means.
You have made it clear that you feel single mothers should be looked down upon. How on earth do you know who has a legit reason and who hasn't? Are those women going to reveal to you their personal lives? Who even gave you that authority?

Sometimes in relationships, there are no 'bad guys' or 'good guys'. Some couples are just not compatible and unfortunately separation is the only solution. Life isn't black and white.

Most Somalis are raised by a single mother, whether your mom and dad were divorced or not we know who raised you, who showed up at your school meetings, got up in wee hours to make you breakfast, went to school shopping with you. Anyone who looks down on a single mother is a moron.

That is what I can't get my head around. I know for certain that many of the men here were not only raised by single mothers, but their fathers didn't even do a quarter of the things there mother did for them.

Yet here they are, on a public forum insulting their mothers aunts ect.

Mimir

Caafimaad baby
Who stays home and teaches children? Mum or dad?

Also, were those kids the children of western Xalimos? A lot of western Xalimos don't even speak their language let alone pass it down to their children whether they are Somali or not.
No,they were cultured but most of them ended up marrying Hindi and preffered their kids learning Hindi more than Somali.
It was most likely because of self-hate:zhqjlmx:

Trending