why do somalis look down in single moms?

Really? I feel like they glorify it. Somali women hate being tied down to a man so even when they are married it’s like they are single mothers with a second income. And then the men like being lazy and praise the girls doing every thing by themselves. I don’t even remember the last time a seen a household where the dad wasn’t (in the words inquisitive) a “toothless ceremonial figure” lol

But the single mom group is a good idea. It’ll give the more isolated single mothers a chance to network, find baby sitters, daycares etc

Really? I feel like they glorify it. Somali women hate being tied down to a man so even when they are married it’s like they are single mothers with a second income. And then the men like being lazy and praise the girls doing every thing by themselves. I don’t even remember the last time a seen a household where the dad wasn’t (in the words inquisitive) a “toothless ceremonial figure” lol

But the single mom group is a good idea. It’ll give the more isolated single mothers a chance to network, find baby sitters, daycares etc
Why do you think somali women dont like being tied to a man? I've notice this in me as wells few others lol
For me its the fear of losing my individuality and being reduced to so and so wife but i think there some other issues am not aware for now thats main reason.

Last edited:
Any parent that is raising their child is a good person, whether they are single mothers or fathers.
Hardly anyone goes into marriage hoping to get divorced, it happens but no need to judge people for it.

Love to all the single parents out there

The do not look down on single mums. If they did we wouldn’t have so many girls divorcing wile having babies. It’s like most of them marry just to have kids and look forward to raising kid on their own. Somali women like all black women love struggle. They want to be mum and dad

The do not look down on single mums. If they did we wouldn’t have so many girls divorcing wile having babies. It’s like most of them marry just to have kids and look forward to raising kid on their own. Somali women like all black women love struggle. They want to be mum and dad
Because daddy loves women lol otherwise women wouldn't mind being with their men

Thank You brother

@Halimo-2018

No Thanks for the obligation sister.

upload_2019-12-3_19-4-45.png

For being a great mother.

are you talking from your own experience lol
And everyone around me...i have close aunties also neighbors who are over 50 that just got left for another women after having and raising 9+ kids each. Whats the point if his eventually leaving anyways might kick him out sooner lol jk seriously loyal men are very rare women dont need added stress to being a mom

Last edited:

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I consider most somali married women single moms anyway, since lots of somali men are not family oriented.

As for the divorced somali women looked down upon, it is depends with family and qabil. My close friend got alienated by her hooyo and older sisters coz they blame her for not perservering aka be a doormat and let her husband walk all over her.

I've also seen this divorced somali mother remarry her fifth time, still desireable and pursued by men.

And everyone around me...also have close aunties also neighbors who are over 50 that just got left for another women after having and raising 9+ kids each. Whats the point if his eventually leaving any might kick him out sooner lol jk seriously loyal men are very rare women dont need added stress to being a mom

women need men to raise kids. Why struggle yourself when a man can help you. The reason we have so many feminine and petty boys is fathers are being pushed aside and boys are being raised like girls

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
I can understand making shitty decisions in life but it's just too life changing for me to not think you're not great at thinking ahead.

Trending

Latest posts