Why do gaalo people get in their feelings when you say you don’t celebrate Christmas?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
If some says merry Christmas I say you too. I never start that sh1t because they know I’m Muslim. But out of respect I say you too. I also never had a haaland say eid mubarak to me and if they did I would look at them weirdly. People can coexist and still have their own ways. You remind me of a childhood friend I had who did everything to fit in with gaalo for years until they all dropped him and he had his wake up call. Went to Africa and married a Somali girl. You will get your wake up call one day. Universal rule in the world. No one respect a person with no conviction and you seem to be trying to please everyone and stand for nothing. People can see that

Dude it’s not that deep.

People say Eid Mubarak to me, I say merry christmas to them.

This isn’t even about “following gaalo”, this is about being a decent human being.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I love Christmas time, the lights, the songs the decorations my favourite song was jingle bell jingle bell jingle bell rock jingle bell sway and jingle bell fray. I never go out of my way to celebrate it though but it is a joyous environment.

Dude it’s not that deep.

People say Eid Mubarak to me, I say merry christmas to them.

This isn’t even about “following gaalo”, this is about being a decent human being.
I really doubt bunch of gaalo are saying eid Mubarak to you lool stop it man

I said Gen Z's kids will celebrate it way more. Make sure you read things over at least three times before responding please. Don't spread information. I know it's hard to resist to try to one up the khayin but integrity matters.

Yes really. You people should travel to other places in your holidays other than going to Somalia. Diversify your trips. I believe all of you I quoted are in Salafi UK. You have no clue what happens in other diaspora communities. There are also Somalis who have dogs and hoyoos who drink wine at home and kids and adults celebrate Halloween.

For example, here is a famous Somali Muslim restaurant owner who wished a Merry Christmas everyday to his customers and had Christmas decorations year round.

I’m a Somali American, only place I’ve been to in Africa was Nairobi. I also lived and grew up in the suburbs. I don’t buy your personal anecdote for a second that Somali families in the suburbs celebrate Christmas.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I’m a Somali American, only place I’ve been to in Africa was Nairobi. I also lived and grew up in the suburbs. I don’t buy your personal anecdote for a second that Somali families in the suburbs celebrate Christmas.

You're in Minneapolis, headquarters of Al Shabab recruitment and fundraising.

You're in Minneapolis, headquarters of Al Shabab recruitment and fundraising.
You seem to dismiss every place a lot of Somalis live if it doesn’t suit your narrative. We live amongst Somalis and know Somali culture to know Somalis don’t celebrate Christmas. There are certain things Somalis do like drink and drugs. But funny enough they don’t fvck with pork and Christmas.

If you didn't grow up around Somalis, then who are you to dispute what I'm saying?
It was a response to your Minneapolis al shabab statement. I didn’t grow up around Somalis that live in the “city”. There are more Somalis that live in the “city” then the suburbs. So the Somali suburban families and friends I have and had never celebrated Christmas at home. Now you see the odd one here and there that have dogs, but putting up Christmas ornaments, yeah I call bullshit.

You seem to dismiss every place a lot of Somalis live if it doesn’t suit your narrative. We live amongst Somalis and know Somali culture to know Somalis don’t celebrate Christmas. There are certain things Somalis do like drink and drugs. But funny enough they don’t fvck with pork and Christmas.
Bro it’s bullshit. I’m a so called suburban Somali and so were most of my Somali friends. We all basically knew each other or of each other. No one put up Christmas trees :pachah1:

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member

It was a response to your Minneapolis al shabab statement. I didn’t grow up around Somalis that live in the “city”. There are more Somalis that live in the “city” then the suburbs. So the Somali suburban families and friends I have and had never celebrated Christmas at home. Now you see the odd one here and there that have dogs, but putting up Christmas ornaments, yeah I call bullshit.

There are hundreds of Somali families that celebrate Christmas. I have seen quite a bit over the years. They are most definently secular non-religious. I don't know why this is hard to believe when there are thousands of them who drink alcohol and tens of thousands who commit zina in the diaspora.

You both are the same people who likely think zina sex doesn't happen in Somalia. You're totally clueless.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Bro it’s bullshit. I’m a so called suburban Somali and so were most of my Somali friends. We all basically knew each other or of each other. No one put up Christmas trees :pachah1:

I was a suburban Somali growing up and I'm a suburban Somali now with my own family. I have seen Christmas lights at people's home, including a Somali police officer I know. What else are you going to deny? Trick or treating? Because every other Somali celebrates Halloween and gets candy. You're lying if you dispute that.

There are hundreds of Somali families that celebrate Christmas. I have seen quite a bit over the years. They are most definently secular non-religious. I don't know why this is hard to believe when there are thousands of them who drink alcohol and tens of thousands who commit zina in the diaspora.

You both are the same people who likely think zina sex doesn't happen in Somalia. You're totally clueless.
I know Somalis drink, f*ck, do drugs and all that shit. Hell I grew up all around it. I went to all my a lot of my high school parties, college parties, etc.

I’m still calling bullshit Somali suburban folks are pulling up Christmas trees. :heh:

His tactics of normalising his gay gaal lifestyle is to lie about how common it is. Maybe it works on his white friends. No Somali is gonna believe his nonsense. Even Somalis who are out there doing madness don’t fvck with Christmas

I was a suburban Somali growing up and I'm a suburban Somali now with my own family. I have seen Christmas lights at people's home, including a Somali police officer I know. What else are you going to deny? Trick or treating? Because every other Somali celebrates Halloween and gets candy. You're lying if you dispute that.
I went trick or treating as a kid. All my lil cousins still do.

Your personal anecdote is just that. It doesn’t exist in any real way.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I went trick or treating as a kid. All my lil cousins still do.

Your personal anecdote is just that. It doesn’t exist in any real way.

You think I'm the only Somali in the entire Somali diaspora who is getting a Christmas tree and putting up Christmas lights? Get a clue man.

His tactics of normalising his gay gaal lifestyle is to lie about how common it is. Maybe it works on his white friends. No Somali is gonna believe his nonsense. Even Somalis who are out there doing madness don’t fvck with Christmas

Didn't you say you caught your friend on a gay app when you used his phone? Do you think that was as likely as lighting striking you or winning the lottery? Or is it possible that thousands of people like him exist in London? Get out of your echo chamber.

You think I'm the only Somali in the entire Somali diaspora who is getting a Christmas tree and putting up Christmas lights? Get a clue man.

Didn't you say you caught your friend on a gay app when you used his phone? Do you think that was as likely as lighting striking you or winning the lottery? Or is it possible that thousands of people like him exist in London? Get out of your echo chamber.
No you just made that up. That never happened. Gays always lie about how many people are gays. It’s their way of trying to normalise to people how common it is. But it’s all lies.

Hundreds of Somali suburban families are celebrating Christmas? I’m sorry but that’s just bullshit. That’s what I’m calling out. Not the odd Somali here and there that might put up Christmas ornaments. And there is no “rise” in Somali suburban families doing that, it’s all your personal anecdotes and the number is negligible.

You gave me a good laugh tho, I give you that lol

Trending