Why do gaalo people get in their feelings when you say you don’t celebrate Christmas?

He's from the UK. The Sunni community there is very fundamentalist. If you enter the washroom with your right foot, you will be viciously verbally attacked. You are monitored like a hawk when it comes to anything you do and almost everyone is an unofficial Islamic police person. It feels like living under ISIS.
How would you know this? that hasn't been my experience at all.

There's loads of Somalis in the UK. Some drink, some are pretty religious, so aren't. I don't think we're that different from other diasporas. It's just that we're the biggest diaspora in the west, so there's more of every "type" of Somali

Last edited:

AbdiFreedom

#Pierre4PM/End Mass Immigration to 🇨🇦 #DefundUN
Staff Member
Hundreds of Somali suburban families are celebrating Christmas? I’m sorry but that’s just bullshit. That’s what I’m calling out. Not the odd Somali here and there that might put up Christmas ornaments. And there is no “rise” in Somali suburban families doing that, it’s all your personal anecdotes and the number is negligible.

You gave me a good laugh tho, I give you that lol

There's two Somali Buddhists on Somali forums, including one here. I also know one personally. Does that mean there are only three Somali Buddhists in the entire diaspora? Or are there hundreds? You need to diversify the Somalis you interact with, and not those just like you. There are many different types of Somalis.

I was a suburban Somali growing up and I'm a suburban Somali now with my own family. I have seen Christmas lights at people's home, including a Somali police officer I know. What else are you going to deny? Trick or treating? Because every other Somali celebrates Halloween and gets candy. You're lying if you dispute that.
You know what? people should do what want and are comfortable with. imo there's nothing wrong with saying merry christmas, and wishing people a good xmas.

If you wanna celebrate it, that's your business. I hope you have a lovely time.

There's two Somali Buddhists on Somali forums, including one here. I also know one personally. Does that mean there are only three Somali Buddhists in the entire diaspora? Or are there hundreds? You need to diversify the Somalis you interact with, and not those just like you.
You know 2 on a forum. One in real life which means there are hundreds? Great logic

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
You know what? people should do what want and are comfortable with. imo there's nothing wrong with saying merry christmas, and wishing people a good xmas.

If you wanna celebrate it, that's your business. I hope you have a lovely time.

I'm celebrating it as my private religious holiday. I am not talking about me. That's my private business. I'm talking about the secular Muslim Somalis who do.

There's two Somali Buddhists on Somali forums, including one here. I also know one personally. Does that mean there are only three Somali Buddhists in the entire diaspora? Or are there hundreds? You need to diversify the Somalis you interact with, and not those just like you.
How would you know what Somalis I interact with? I’ll tell you, I interact with many. All types. Even the gays such as yourself through random moments where I might meet one through my home girl or whatnot.

Because there is couple Buddhists on here, there’s a rise in Somali Buddhists around the world like there is hundreds of Somali families that celebrate Christmas? :drakekidding:

I ain’t buying it. And no one with a brain is.

My girlfriends’s kind parents invited me to a Christmas party and dinner this year. Last year I was able to do just zoom and bs it but now they want me physically there. :damn: What do I do.

I'm celebrating it as my private religious holiday. I am not talking about me. That's my private business. I'm talking about the secular Muslim Somalis who do.
If they wanna celebrate, good for them. I think it's a private choice, and as long as the person is happy with it, nothing wrong with it imo.

Personally, I don't celebrate xmas because 1) I don't believe in it , 2) I'm not bothered by all the traditions/festivities and 3) I think it's a materialistic holiday.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
How would you know what Somalis I interact with? I’ll tell you, I interact with many. All types. Even the gays such as yourself through random moments where I might meet one through my home girl or whatnot.

Because there is couple Buddhists on here, there’s a rise in Somali Buddhists around the world like there is hundreds of Somali families that celebrate Christmas? :drakekidding:

I ain’t buying it. And no one with a brain is.

@Jaydaan claims there are no Somali gays so you might want to educate him.

Keep denying my other points and living under a rock.

Dont get a heart attack when your future child marries a gaal madow who they kiss under the mistletoe. Or do you also dispute Somalis are marrying ajnabis and gaals in rising numbers?

:comeon:

@Jaydaan claims there are no Somali gays so you might want to educate him.

Keep denying my other points and living under a rock.

Dont get a heart attack when your future child marries a gaal madow who they kiss under the mistletoe. Or do you also dispute Somalis are marrying ajnabis and gaals in rising numbers?

:comeon:
Why do you constantly project your feelings in this discussion?

1st, I’m from al Shabab infested town of Minneapolis (I’m not and 99% of Somalis that live there are not into that), 2nd is that I wouldn’t believe Somalis celebrate Halloween (I did and so do my younger family members, 3rd, I need to diversify the Somalis I interact with, and not those just like me (I interact with all types, such as gays like yourself) and now I’ll get a heart attack it my hypothetical kid marries a mathow ( I wouldn’t)

Look I gotta get back to studying for this exam but there’s not hundreds of Somali suburban families that celebrate Christmas. Delude yourself all you want.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Why do you constantly project your feelings in this discussion?

1st, I’m from al Shabab infested town of Minneapolis (I’m not and 99% of Somalis that live there are not into that), 2nd is that I wouldn’t believe Somalis celebrate Halloween (I did and so do my younger family members, 3rd, I need to diversify the Somalis I interact with, and not those just like me (I interact with all types, such as gays like yourself) and now I’ll get a heart attack it my hypothetical kid marries a mathow ( I wouldn’t)

Look I gotta get back to studying for this exam but there’s not hundreds of Somali suburban families that celebrate Christmas. Delude yourself all you want.

Going back to shaqo myself. Waste of time. Keep deluding and xanaaging yourself.

:hemad:

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
I know couple of deviant somali families that put up Christmas tree in the name of liberalism.

If some says merry Christmas I say you too. I never start that sh1t because they know I’m Muslim. But out of respect I say you too. I also never had a haaland say eid mubarak to me and if they did I would look at them weirdly. People can coexist and still have their own ways. You remind me of a childhood friend I had who did everything to fit in with gaalo for years until they all dropped him and he had his wake up call. Went to Africa and married a Somali girl. You will get your wake up call one day. Universal rule in the world. No one respect a person with no conviction and you seem to be trying to please everyone and stand for nothing. People can see that
I guess this is what they call brutal honesty sxb :damnmusic:

There are hundreds of Somali families that celebrate Christmas. I have seen quite a bit over the years. They are most definently secular non-religious. I don't know why this is hard to believe when there are thousands of them who drink alcohol and tens of thousands who commit zina in the diaspora.

You both are the same people who likely think zina sex doesn't happen in Somalia. You're totally clueless.
Sxb no one is denying that these things happen all over the diaspora and even in the motherland but we don't have to like it. Just because it is common does not make it alright at the end of the day, that's the point we're getting at.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Sxb no one is denying that these things happen all over the diaspora and even in the motherland but we don't have to like it. Just because it is common does not make it alright at the end of the day, that's the point we're getting at.

Thats not true. @Jaydaan is an Olympic gold medallist when it comes to denial and delusion. He thinks the world fits into his own narrative box. I have never seen a man so out of touch like @Jaydaan. He is now saying a gaal has never said Eid Mubarak to him while he lives in London. Cadaans there get on all fours for him. Wuu walanyahay ninkani.

I love Christmas time, the lights, the songs the decorations my favourite song was jingle bell jingle bell jingle bell rock jingle bell sway and jingle bell fray. I never go out of my way to celebrate it though but it is a joyous environment.
You should go to a Christmas dinner atleast once. My cadaan bro's dad is a proper metrosexual chef and I went to their house for Christmas dinner one years, the food was fucking :banderas:

Boqorada

F*ck Your Feelings
I've always liked Christmas, it's nice. I obviously don't go all out with the tree and presents but just the holiday and festivities are lovely.

Trending

Latest posts