Why do a lot of Somali girls marry men that are not on their level?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Another issue that will get me dragged but should be stated is that alot of young Somali women (not all but the majority) do not have a personality or are jaded. You cannot have the ideal guy if you're like this, sorry. You don't have to be really interesting but have some character. Most are stuck at home in their rooms after work or school without hobbies or anything to talk about. Get real. You don't deserve anywhere near what you're looking for. So you expect the man to have a personality and be humorous while you got nothing of interest to say lol

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I'm referring to the majority, not high value women like yourself. Lol

Those largely female roles are nothing to brag about though. They are used to determine their worth in picking partners which is crazy.

We can learn from Somali males their 'failure' is 'lesson learned' but theirs no doubt females outperform males, u even see it in somalia who works and who doesnt

Another issue that will get me dragged but should be stated is that alot of young Somali women (not all but the majority) do not have a personality or are jaded. You cannot have the ideal guy if you're like this, sorry. You don't have to be really interesting but have some character. Most are stuck at home in their rooms after work or school without hobbies or anything to talk about. Get real. You don't deserve anywhere near what you're looking for.
Saxib that’s a big lie. Everyone goes on about how funny Somali girls are. Ajnabis to boot. I’m beginning to think you’re trolling at this point.

At this point, I can’t take you seriously now. We are literally known to be extroverts and funny. Crazy how many here especially the guys are in an alternative reality. Go outside.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Lol, they’re not. I’m sorry being an Uber driver doesn’t take any skills or dedication and it’s the jobs our fathers did when they ran away from a war torn country and couldn’t speak English. Also, for a lot of Uber drivers, they’d have to work longer hrs to make the normal salary of some of those jobs you’re describing in which it’s a 9-5, have weekends off and actual long holidays. It’s not just the money you should be looking at, but overall life quality.

Some teachers in the UK make the same as Uber drivers that are working around the clock, but they simply aren’t the same class. Even some hooyos in care industry are clearing a good amount as they’re working back to back shifts.

Yes I don't blame our fathers in uber or taxi or truck driving, imagine u had to pick up n start all over again in china, u see? but their no excuse for their kids none watsoever

reer

VIP
I'm referring to the majority, not high value women like yourself. Lol

Those largely female roles are nothing to brag about though. They are used to determine their worth in picking partners which is crazy.
you have a point. for example in the uk doctors make bad money compared to the amount of effort they put in. a farax working in IT is more suitable to marry your gabadh than a doctor who is paid little and overworked. it should depend on the money.

Yes I don't blame our fathers in uber or taxi or truck driving, imagine u had to pick up n start all over again in china, u see? but their no excuse for their kids none watsoever
Now their kids are basically saying a man that has to work weekends, doesn’t get holiday pay and works nights to get the same amount if not a little more than a teacher is the same.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Now their kids are basically saying a man that has to work weekends, doesn’t get holiday pay and works nights to get the same amount of not a little more than a teacher is the same.

The only thing I blame my father generation is handing us a failed nation thru their qabyalad love. Some clans have overcome this, especially in PL who will never violently oppose a working govt since post 91.

you have a point. for example in the uk doctors make bad money compared to other educated professions. a farax working in IT is more suitable to marry your gabadh than a doctor who is paid little and overworked. it should depend on the money.
IT is a good field and is middle class like a doctor. Abdifreedom wants to compare an Uber driver who doesn’t have holiday pay, has to work weekends, works unusual hours ect just to make the same as a teacher without promotions as being the same as a teacher ect.

I’m telling you, that mentality is going to drag our community down. Also, we need doctors, teachers and doctors and there is a reason why forward thinking societies actually place value and respect.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Saxib that’s a big lie. Everyone goes on about how funny Somali girls are. Ajnabis to boot. I’m beginning to think you’re trolling at this point.

At this point, I can’t take you seriously now. We are literally known to be extroverts and funny. Crazy how many here especially the guys are in an alternative reality. Go outside.

Somali guys, not women. These women you are referring to are a minority. Many suffer from intergenerational trauma. The majority do not have a personality. You said yourself before that alot of women stay home and don't go out in a previous marriage thread which explains why they're unmarried. And why is that? It's because alot are just boring people and incapable of opening up.

Somali guys, not women. These women you are referring to are a minority. Many suffer from intergenerational trauma. The majority do not have a personality. You said yourself before that alot of women stay home and don't go out in a previous marriage thread which explains why they're unmarried. And why is that? It's because alot are just boring people and incapable of opening up.
All of them are talking about how the women are the funny ones. Go on TikTok they’re talking about funny Xalimos. Go outside and touch grass. Even non Somali men and women have noticed how funny the girls are.

At this point it seems you have a clear agenda. You didn’t even watch the video and even the 600+ comments agreeing on each one.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Now their kids are basically saying a man that has to work weekends, doesn’t get holiday pay and works nights to get the same amount of not a little more than a teacher is the same.

Not a teacher. But most Somali women with degrees don't have great jobs. They are insurance underwriters or events planners or are admins. These are shitty jobs.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
All of them are talking about how the women are the funny ones. Go on TikTok they’re talking about funny Xalimos. Go outside and touch grass. Even non Somali men and women have noticed how funny the girls are.

At this point it seems you have a clear agenda.

Nope. No agenda. We all know most Somali women are homebodies. Disputing this shows you're the one not living in reality. TikTok only shows a tiny piece of them. 99% of the rest just view TikTok videos to pass by the day.

Nope. No agenda. We all know most Somali women are homebodies. Disputing this shows you're the one not living in reality. TikTok only shows a tiny piece of them. 99% of the rest just view TikTok videos to pass by the day.
Saxib, I’m actually a female and I’m around lots of Somali girls. Somali girls all aren’t homebodies and being a homebody doesn’t stop you from being funny. Humor is innate.

Also, Somali girls probably have the most freedom of all Muslim girls and are less likely to be homebodies compared to Asian and Arab girls. Our culture is set different.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
I don’t know about Canada, but most in the UK are teachers, nurses and now a lot have no broken into Tech.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't believe this. The vast majority of Somalis in the UK live in government housing. If there was such a huge supply of good paying teachers and nurses in the Somali community, they would at the very least be living in private rental market, not guri dowlad.

I don't believe this. The vast majority of Somalis in the UK live in government housing.
Parents generation mate. Im talking about Gen Z and young millianials. Get with the times please. I feel like I’m talking to someone who only looks at our mum’s generation.

If there was such a huge supply of good paying teachers and nurses in the Somali community, they would at the very least be living in private rental market, not guri dowlad.
Tell me you know nothing about the UK housing crisis without telling me you know nothing.

I wish our gen could get government housing. Most are paying 1500k a month for a one bed mate. It’s our mum’s and dads who have it and the ones that still live at home.

Thanks Abdifreedom lol, Wallahi you’re clueless.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
Parents generation mate. Im talking about Gen Z and young millianials. Get with the times please. I feel like I’m talking to someone who only looks at our mum’s generation.

Tell me you know nothing about the UK housing crisis without telling me you know nothing.

Thanks Abdifreedom lol, Wallahi you’re clueless.

There's a housing crisis in Canada too, much worse than the UK and a housing market more expensive than the UK, but the Somali homeownership rate in Canada is much, much higher than the UK. Canada and the UK have the same home ownership rate. The only explanation is that reer UK are less likely to have professional career people, which is absolutely fine, but it goes back to my point that Somali women don't have great careers and are not majority nurses and teachers (which are not great careers in the first place and just average) and in engineering and all these high income professions that you're saying they are in. They exist but the vast majority of those with degrees have shitty or average jobs that are not nurses or teachers.

j&jenterprises

A landheere always pays his debts
There's a housing crisis in Canada too, much worse than the UK and a housing market more expensive than the UK, but the Somali homeownership rate in Canada is much, much higher than the UK. Canada and the UK have the same home ownership rate. The only explanation is that reer UK are less likely to have professional career people, which is absolutely fine, but it goes back to my point that Somali women don't have great careers and are not nurses and teachers and in engineering and all these high income professions that you're saying they are in. They exist but the vast majority of those with degrees have shitty or average jobs.
@Angelina keeps equating merely having a degree with being a working professional with a good income. A Somali girl can have a degree and still be lower in status than a manual labour Somali guy. A degree in and of itself doesn’t signify class or status.

seldiboy

Resident Eritrean | Ye's strongest soldier
2nd generation women of African origin in the UK for the most part are delusional about their dating prospects as well as their own career progression. They also happen to be the most verbose about their delusions.

I can’t count the number of times black women I have encountered in an academic setting or online have expressed how they believe they will marry rich and become a housewife who will spend their days spending money. All the while they clearly don’t have the means to do this aesthetic wise - if you catch my drift. Many have also screamed of how they will go into very prestigious and competitive professions such as IB, commercial law and SWE while their university acceptances are extremely underwhelming.

Why do Somali women tend to marry down income wise? I don’t know if that statement is even true, however I would theorise that it is because said high-income men are not attractive to them in their early 20’s. By the time these women have been negged by their hooyos to get hitched, those high income have already beat them to it and are already locked down. Then all they are left with is the crumbs. This isn’t unique to Somalis. It’s a prevalent issue.

(P.S - People overrate the prestige of being a nurse. It’s only somewhat high-income in the US because of your broken healthcare system. The job itself is not seen as high class or elite)

There's a housing crisis in Canada too, much worse than the UK and a housing market more expensive than the UK, but the Somali homeownership rate in Canada is much, much higher than the UK. Canada and the UK have the same home ownership rate. The only explanation is that reer UK are less likely to have professional career people, which is absolutely fine, but it goes back to my point that Somali women don't have great careers and are not nurses and teachers and in engineering and all these high income professions that you're saying they are in. They exist but the vast majority of those with degrees have shitty or average jobs.
Saxib, I wish we could actually get government housing like our parents. Most professional young couples are paying 1500-1800 on private renting which is only a 1 bed. That’s In London. We simply can’t get easy access like our parents generations. That is why I told you to update your information.

Home ownership in the UK is low due to reer UK being more religious. We don’t believe in haram mortgages. Reer Canada aren’t as religious. Also, Islamic mortgages aren’t as easy and straightforward and many believe those are haram as well.

Also, the GenZ and young Millinaials are still young and many still live at home which is wise as if you’re not married, you should save as much as possible. Gone are the days we can fall back on government housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending