Do you consider yourself a feminist?

• Yes, I am a logical human being.

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No, because I feel threatened.

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you share these case studies with us lol.

I thought feminism allowed women to work, to be educated and gave them the right to vote. Maybe I’m wrong and you my genius friend have read studies no one else know about.
The whole basis of feminism is the idea that women are to become unattainable or a prize as an example. Ambition and material gain will therefore be their focus in life, a noble endeavour in my opinion. But at what expense. I do believe that most women want to become married and have a family. But they would only want to marry a quality man in which they can submit to. but their ideas and tenets of feminism will prevent them from subduing to their men since they would desire to attain material wealth and power. This whole family dynamic would not work as it would destroy the essence of their femininity causing divorce and disillusion of the family. children who are brought up in such an environment will become dysfunctional as they would have become brought up in a fabric and unnatural environment, producing weak boys who have no essence of real masculinity and further disillusioned girls who will perpetuate such tenets. The real sinister part of such a reality is that women are not attracted to weak, unmasculine and less successful men. Causing rife unhappiness in women across the board. This is just one aspect. As the effects of feminism spreads, less men become interested in marriage, family and relationships as they notice the environment that they are surrounded with. This results in a deep decline of birth rate and marriages. This results hedonism being rampant Please note that i am well for in women's right to vote, work and receive education. Feminists tend to push this idea that men and women are the same which is just fundamentally wrong.

Last edited:

VixR

Veritas
You know, you don't have to convince Somali men, or whatever, of your views. I think most women at least have a sense of their own aspirations and the realities they want to arrive at, so go ahead and reach your desired outcomes, bc the fact of it is, the environment you're in isn't hostile to your development. It's not like you're in Somalia.

Just because it originated in the west does not mean it is an ideology that can only be beneficial to people in the west. Its a broad spectrum in which women from all over the world partake in. The western liberal/radical feminism may be fighting traditional home life, but that is not a reason to dismiss the entire movement. Its a concept that can be molded so that it includes disparities among genders in Somalia/Somali communities.
Any ideology that is man made is bound to destory mankind.

If you support feminism then you must conform to western ideologies.

You can’t preach Somali dhaqan and believe in feminism, because that is an oxymoron.:fittytousand:

And if you have adapted to western values I would like to say...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
I very much support feminism, but I spit on the far left feminism. Eerything far left/right should be thrown away, it's too extreme.

It seems like you do know the function feminism hopes to serve/ should serve in the Somali community, but what you have a problem with is Somali feminists in particular for not going after pressing problems that endanger Somalis presently?

I don't think these are feminist issues per se. But all I'm saying is that there's plenty of overlapping interest to better the situation of women in Somalia. Even if you're radfem in the fringe groups of feminism there's room. But if I'm being honest, all these twitter and tumblr xalimos honestly do not seem interested in genuine change. They're just going along with the cadaan feminist doctrine. Susan Anthony had to put work in for all these morbidly obese women to pose naked and call it art

Slickback you are very liberal. The only thing that gets in the way of you being ok with abortion and the LGBT community is Islam. Am I correct?

Not really. My views, especially on abortion, I would hold regardless of religious affiliation. I've briefly talked about it on here, and quite frankly I'm pro-life because it makes moral amd logical sense, even from a liberal western pov. 24-week limit is just terrible. I understand that the overwhelming number of abortions are done far earlier, nor am I personally invested or see myself ever being affected. That's why I don't really care. Doesn't mean I think it's right.

Transgenderism Gender dysphoria is a legitimate mental illness and needs to be addressed as such, not encouraged. I refuse to view men as women, and vice versa.

I would get crucified among liberals. It's more indifference than liberalism on my part. :zhqjlmx:

I can tolerate things because at the end of the day im just trynna live and get mines

Elaborate
Many halimos come to this site straight from their liberal safe-zones, and are often distressed that everyone doesn't have the same views as them, but they often change when they see this site is the true mantifestation of somali people and what they believe, and they join the dark side, and in time you will too

NotAjnabi

Somalilander
I came to this site because I was researching some topics for my Sociology class. I was shocked to see the amount of men who are thrashing feminism and claiming their women are estranged because they consider themselves a feminist. I understand in this day and age feminism may not make a huge difference in the west since opportunities are mostly available to both genders; but Somalis are one of the most orthodox Muslims I have ever met. Some traditions don't even have anything to do with religion and at large affect women more than men. So how on earth do Somali men have the audacity to thrash Somali feminists. blease eggsplain?
You're going to a site filled with trolls posting dumb shit. You shouldn't be using this shit at all, don't embarrass the community cause of the people here, lmao. That's like going to 4chan and saying every white dipshit is like that

You're going to a site filled with trolls posting dumb shit. You shouldn't be using this shit at all, don't embarrass the community cause of the people here, lmao. That's like going to 4chan and saying every white dipshit is like that
I would never use this. I was just curious what somali people thought, that's all. I would never embarrass myself like that.

Many halimos come to this site straight from their liberal safe-zones, and are often distressed that everyone doesn't have the same views as them, but they often change when they see this site is the true mantifestation of somali people and what they believe, and they join the dark side, and in time you will too
I do not come from a liberal safe zone, and I would never change because of anyone here because so far no one has said anything of value to counter what I think. Its all nonsense :farmajoyaab:

I do not come from a liberal safe zone, and I would never change because of anyone here because so far no one has said anything of value to counter what I think. Its all nonsense :farmajoyaab:
Why would I support feminism when I would be helping my own demise, it's a gender war out there and your asking me to help my enemies, Somali men are not Simps all these male feminists you see are only doing it for pussy nothing more, I respect myself and women more enough to do that

@Yusra what are your views on transgenders and sex workers? I'm curious
Honestly those things are indifferent to me because they don't affect me. Politically speaking; I think they should have legal rights and be treated like everyone else by law. I don't like when policies nitpick who the law applies to and who doesn't qualify based on personal choice that doesn't harm anyone.
I am a hijabi so I have to draw a clear line that my personal choice should not be used to discriminate against me, it is an umbrella that also protects sex workers and trans genders.

Whether those individuals will face strict scrutiny socially, is indifferent to me just like my choice to wear the hijab is often criticized and indifferent to them.

Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts