Do you consider yourself a feminist?

• Yes, I am a logical human being.

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • No, because I feel threatened.

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't want our beautiful women walking around with their breasts out like animals. Leave that crazy shit to the white women, you don't want to join them and be half of hellfire.

Somali women do not belong to you. They are not your property. You do not have to look out for them as if they are children.

“Oh sister I don’t want you to go to hellfire”. Has justified a lot of crimes against women. How about we strip off all your rights to protect you from hell buddy?

Feminism is a broad range of ideologies with the same core beliefs. I do not oppose many, if not most feminist views. But to answer your question, it's because some of my views are inherently anti-feminist. Namely, abortion rights (*), sex work and LBGTQ (transgenderism is particular). My older sister holds near identical views on these, but still considers herself a feminist if you press it. Much like the silent majority of Somali women I suspect. Anyway, there are plenty of worthwhile debates and legitimate critisism regarding feminism online, so I'll move on to Somali feminism in particular.

To be blunt, what good have Somali feminists done outside of armchair activism and needless division? Imho, they're nothing more than gender FKD. Contrary to what you said about everyone advocating for women's rights being a feminist, it's just not true. Feminism is a political movement as much as it is an ideology, you can't just claim any good done for women by any man or woman as feminist. People, women included, are literally starving and dying of preventable diseases. Then you've got ''''unapologetic'''' feminists like Nimco Ali promoting to end FGM (which myself, and most others don't have issue with), but at the same time encroach on the religious and culture beliefs of Somalis by attacking things like the hijab. They literally want to export western values to Somalia. In their perfect world, Somalia will be a hyper liberal Swedish town with artificial Somali flavour. Then you want to come here and ask us how we have the audacity to trash Somali feminists, like we're biting the hand that feeds us.
:drakewtf:

Still, that's all good, but modern day feminism in all its sincere good and down right retardation did not come about overnight. But just like the people that compare Somalia to the west in other aspects, nobody wants to put the work in, but everyone wants to .

Slickback you are very liberal. The only thing that gets in the way of you being ok with abortion and the LGBT community is Islam. Am I correct?

Feminism is a surefire way of destroying your culture and society in less than two generations. Case studies have proven it to be so. Just one glance is required. I don't understand how people can't see this. :hmm:.

Can you share these case studies with us lol.

I thought feminism allowed women to work, to be educated and gave them the right to vote. Maybe I’m wrong and you my genius friend have read studies no one else know about.

Ok, why? You should cut the source of that "stress and burden" out of your life no? Move on? Makes sense to me.

When every Xalimo from the outskirts of New York to the villages in kismayo realise Somali men ain’t shit that’s when we will stop. Until then, there is work to do!

Muslim women had these rights for centuries feminism is not needed anymore it has done it's purpose
Hahahhahaha let’s look at Muslim countries.

Where the African Muslims practice FGM
Where women are forced to wear a hijab.
Where women are forced to marry their rapists
Where women regularly have acid thrown on them
Where forced mariages are common in Pakistan
Where a woman inherits half of what a man does
Where only a man can divorce a woman.

Muslim countries are extremely behind when it comes to basic human rights. So instead of letting Muslim men decide on our rights- we would rather do it ourselves.

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
When every Xalimo from the outskirts of New York to the villages in kismayo realise Somali men ain’t shit that’s when we will stop. Until then, there is work to do!

Lol, so you won't leave us alone but you will also demonize us. If we are all as shit as you claim we are they will realize that on their own. Stop acting like you're on some noble mission, leave and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Feminism is a broad range of ideologies with the same core beliefs. I do not oppose many, if not most feminist views. But to answer your question, it's because some of my views are inherently anti-feminist. Namely, abortion rights (*), sex work and LBGTQ (transgenderism is particular). My older sister holds near identical views on these, but still considers herself a feminist if you press it. Much like the silent majority of Somali women I suspect. Anyway, there are plenty of worthwhile debates and legitimate critisism regarding feminism online, so I'll move on to Somali feminism in particular.

To be blunt, what good have Somali feminists done outside of armchair activism and needless division? Imho, they're nothing more than gender FKD. Contrary to what you said about everyone advocating for women's rights being a feminist, it's just not true. Feminism is a political movement as much as it is an ideology, you can't just claim any good done for women by any man or woman as feminist. People, women included, are literally starving and dying of preventable diseases. Then you've got ''''unapologetic'''' feminists like Nimco Ali promoting to end FGM (which myself, and most others don't have issue with), but at the same time encroach on the religious and culture beliefs of Somalis by attacking things like the hijab. They literally want to export western values to Somalia. In their perfect world, Somalia will be a hyper liberal Swedish town with artificial Somali flavour. Then you want to come here and ask us how we have the audacity to trash Somali feminists, like we're biting the hand that feeds us.
:drakewtf:

Still, that's all good, but modern day feminism in all its sincere good and down right retardation did not come about overnight. But just like the people that compare Somalia to the west in other aspects, nobody wants to put the work in, but everyone wants to .
It seems like you do know the function feminism hopes to serve/ should serve in the Somali community, but what you have a problem with is Somali feminists in particular for not going after pressing problems that endanger Somalis presently?

Hahahhahaha let’s look at Muslim countries.

Where the African Muslims practice FGM
Where women are forced to wear a hijab.
Where women are forced to marry their rapists
Where women regularly have acid thrown on them
Where forced mariages are common in Pakistan
Where a woman inherits half of what a man does
Where only a man can divorce a woman.

Muslim countries are extremely behind when it comes to basic human rights. So instead of letting Muslim men decide on our rights- we would rather do it ourselves.
Straw man I never said these things never happen I just clarified that divorce wasnalrewas something in islam before feminism

As the Suárez the Aabo of the Somali Stoics I share why feminism does not work.

Contemporary Feminist began around the 19th or 20th century but was not a dominating Social Ideology, in the 21st century it has became the Harshest, Worst and Irrational social ideologies. Back in the Days Feminism was All about women rights. Which 100 percent obligatory for the man to accept. Now it is the extreme version, like Women in our social construct do housework and raise the kids when men work for their wives, parents and offspring's.

It looks like Women in contemporary feminism want men jobs for no reason. They take everything to the extreme.
Lets talk about intersectional feminism that can apply to the somali community so that issues faced by somali women are addressed and worked on

Lol, so you won't leave us alone but you will also demonize us. If we are all as shit as you claim we are they will realize that on their own. Stop acting like you're on some noble mission, leave and don't let the door hit you on your way out.
The funny thing is they are making fun of us because of our sex and ethnicity so they're both racist and sexist

The funny thing is they are making fun of us because of our sex and ethnicity so they're both racist and sexist
You are not being made fun of, we are trying to figure out your thought process and if its possible for you to not be so flat in the head. We cannot be racist to you since we are of the same race and ethnicity. And the sexism piece is pathetic on a feminist post don-t-ya-think?

We are already out but that won't stop us from getting others out too. :siilaanyolaugh:

Yes it can. The equality of men and women is not exclusive to the west. hahaha this is so funny even your mind is colonized.
How is colonized you're the one with the Western mindset not me femnisim will only lead women to misery there are even studies about that there is a reason why most women are not feminists

How is colonized you're the one with the Western mindset not me femnisim will only lead women to misery there are even studies about that there is a reason why most women are not feminists
As there are about the devastating treatment of women around the world...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts