Why are religious Somalis so eager to erase our culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brakenclaw

Stay real in the everything fake era
Barni why do you sound like that Lunarnomad chick on twitter

They're all over somali twitter. They call themselves "intersectional feminists".

Stage 1:growing up forced to go dugsi

stage 2: Goes to high school

stage 3: applies to a humanities course and qaxoonti aabo and hooyo are like " okey aslong as you get a degree"

stage 4: graduates with a indoctrinated mind

stage 5: if it gets bad enough they end up leaving Islam, becoming bisexual or lesbians/homos (this applies to both faraxs and xalimos)

Baraf

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Somalis were wearing garbasar before advent of Islam I believe.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
Barni why do you sound like that Lunarnomad chick on twitter
puking-uncontrollably.gif

Hubble

VIP
Diric isn't from Yemen. All diric is is how you sew a basic square dress from any material it's not the fashionable designs you see today.

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
Most of them have been brainwashed. They think emulating the Arab culture will get them to heaven. It baffles me hearing and seeing Somali families naming their kids all Arabic names. Not the ones in the Quran but new age Arabic names.

Diric isn't from Yemen. All diric is is how you sew a basic square dress from any material it's not the fashionable designs you see today.

Actually, dirac is Yemeni. Long before it, we were mostly wearing sadax ghayd (sp) or guntino. We may have remixed the materials lately (faransawi etc) but the original dirac is from Aden.

By that definition I guess nobody really invented scissors, they are just two interlocking knives with handles.

It was the Somali mercantile class who used to trade and do business in Aden that brought it back to Somalis. I don't think there is much literature on the topic but basically before the 50's most older Somalis will tell you (northerners at least) we didn't used to wear the dirac. It started coming to coastal trading towns (Djibouti, Berbera, Bosaso) after that and becoming prevalent amongst Somalis later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending