Why are religious Somalis so eager to erase our culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugheerah

TheXamarCadcadGuy
@Mugheerah What you wrote about Ibn Battuta doesnt mention dress code of women or how strict Somalis were about religion. So that quote doesnt prove your assertion that Somalia can only be prosperous when they are strict with the religion. It would be a good thing if they were, but I dont necessarily think it would lead to a prosperous society it today's cultural climate. I mean look at Al-Shabab.

@Barni , I get where youre coming from. Somalis need a traditional dress code that stands out as being authentic Somali. Saudis/Khaleejis have their own, Pakis/Afghans have their own, Iranians have their won, and the coolest of all, West Africans have their own.

I have a problem with how Somalis dress. I have the biggest problem with the European dress shirts 3 sizes too big that the men wear. Somalia needs a fashion revolution. I dont care if they put on more clothing, or put on less, as long as its distinctly Somali and stylish. Thats a lot to ask for a country with more serious issues, but I was thinking a charity clothing bank. But first we have to figure out what those outfits are. And lets focus on the men since as it stands they have more freedom of self-expression.
It's not meant to prove that Somalis would only be prosperous if they become 'strict' with religion. It's about the leadership. It was typical Islamic sultanate with a noble sultan, ministers, judges, scholars, etc. It's obviously anti-Islamic to force your views upon others, so Al-Shabaab are in the wrong in that regard. Terrorists also kill Muslims when the law of hadd does not apply to them. Look man, if the leadership was a strong Islamic leadership, that would of prevented Somalia from making (RIBA based) deals with western 'diplomats'.

I have said this many times and I will repeat it again, I can prove that Muslims are most prosperous with a strong Islamic leadership. Where they could maintain their cultures and values. The Golden Age of Islam is proof of the flawlessness of the Shariah law.

During the Khilafa of Umar ibn Abdul Aziz, wealth was soo abundant that nobody would take from the bayt al maal.

Muslims all over the world can excel in Islamic and religious sciences again, they can be an example for the world to follow. We are encourage to excel in the religious and secular sciences.

When appointing a ruler, only trustworthy and knowledgeable ('Ulamaa) and influential people can take part in the Shura (consultation). If you think about it, this prevents people who are unfit to have a say in such matters to influence the outcome.

What happens when the ignorant get to have a say in crucial matters? They vote for men like Woodrow Wilson (1913) who authorised the establishment of the Federal Bank (a private corporation) which led to the country's economic downfall.

Things are a lot more complicated than people make them out to be.

@Mugheerah Yeah I very much agree, Somalia has a big leadership problem. But I would say they need a populist grassroots movement to put the right leadership in place. :fittytousand: like Nelson Mandela but instead of apharteid, the problem is corruption, nepotism, and bad blood between clans.

For now I think religious observance should remain a personal matter, in todays geo-political climate.

Mugheerah

TheXamarCadcadGuy
@Mugheerah Yeah I very much agree, Somalia has a big leadership problem. But I would say they need a populist grassroots movement to put the right leadership in place. :fittytousand: like Nelson Mandela but instead of apharteid, the problem is corruption, nepotism, and bad blood between clans.

For now I think religious observance should remain a personal matter, in todays geo-political climate.
Problems between the influential Somalis who are in positions of leadership can be eliminated by implementing the Shariah in it's entirety. Why is it a burden to implement the Shariah in its entirety in today's 'geo-political climate'? Who the heck gives a damn about the effects this would have on the diplomatic relations with other nations? If all Muslim nations implement the Shariah, today's 'geo-political' climate should not be an obstacle to the prosperity of this ummah. The diplomatic relations that Somalia have with Muslim countries are sufficient. What is it? Are you afraid of bad press? Severing diplomatic ties with certain countries? Had Somalia followed the Shariah in its entirety, they would not be in the exponential debt they are in now. They had a functioning economy and would of still had a functioning debt-free economy; they could have been focusing on education and building their civilisation. It's all gone now. Why were the deals made with western diplomats necessary? Have you seen how prosperous Somalia was before their encounters with these 'diplomats'?

Edit: The Muslim world in general concerns me. Not just countries like Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Somalia. I have love for all Muslim countries and wish they would unite and excel like their forefathers have.

@Mugheerah What outsiders think matters because unfortunately outsiders have the power to dictate what they want for Somalia. You see the military occupation and balkanization. So getting out of this mess is the first step. But yeah you make good points.

Mugheerah

TheXamarCadcadGuy
@Mugheerah What outsiders think matters because unfortunately outsiders have the power to dictate what they want for Somalia. You see the military occupation and balkanization. So getting out of this mess is the first step. But yeah you make good points.
You make good points too. You should bare in mind that there are definitely ways to bypass the dictatorship of the outsiders. This is something that got me thinking deeply though, I appreciate that.

I believe the answers to our problems are in this Hadith tbh:

Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The similitude of believers in regard to mutual love, affection, fellow-feeling is that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole body aches, because of sleeplessness and fever.” [Muslim]

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
How's covering your hair destroying your culture? :what1:
SS should have a neef screening before sign up. I can't believe what I just read. Were you eating grass while writing this thread neef yahay.:what:

Mugheerah

TheXamarCadcadGuy
How's covering your hair destroying your culture? :what1:
SS should have a neef screening before sign up. I can't believe what I just read. Were you eating grass while writing this thread neef yahay.:what:
We are noble Muslims alhamdulilah. Retards like this girl cannot apply the law of cause and effect (she probably doesn't even know what that even means) in a political/economical context. All she does is talk shit.

Look at the rate of AIDS in Muslim majority countries in comparison non-Muslim countries. Xoolos like this scum wants to bring her wasaqaanlimo to Muslim countries.
Prevalence_of_AIDS_and_Islam_in_Africa.png

The only problem we Muslims have is we are not applying the Shariah in its entirety. This would of prevented the downfall of Somalia and other Muslim countries (I can PROVE this). We quarrel over trivial matters and envy each other. But at the end of the day, it is through trials and tribulations that true Muslims would be distinguished from the liars.

Figo

|Garowe|Jalam|Galkacyo|
VIP
We are noble Muslims alhamdulilah. Retards like this girl cannot apply the law of cause and effect (she probably doesn't even know what that even means) in a political/economical context. All she does is talk shit.

Look at the rate of AIDS in Muslim majority countries in comparison non-Muslim countries. Xoolos like this scum wants to bring her wasaqaanlimo to Muslim countries.

The only problem we Muslims have is we are not applying the Shariah in its entirety. This would of prevented the downfall of Somalia and other Muslim countries (I can PROVE this). We quarrel over trivial matters and envy each other. But at the end of the day, it is through trials and tribulations that true Muslims would be distinguished from the liars.
Trust me people like her are minority in our community. It's my mission in life to fight people like her. She probably wants our girls to wear bikini's at the beach too.:pacspit:

Mugheerah

TheXamarCadcadGuy
They think to be closer to the religion, they have to adopt Arab culture and bootyclap for them
It is not Arab culture. Hijaab as we know it was not even part of the Arab culture. It's part of the religion. Women in the pre-Islamic era did not wear Hijaab as we know it. Even the wives of the prophet (SAW) did not wear full hijab.

“O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them (when they go abroad). That will be better, so that they may be recognised and not annoyed. Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful.” (Quran 33:59).

Abu Dawud narrated that 'A'ishah said:
Asma came to see the Messenger of Allah (saws). She was wearing a thin dress; the Prophet (saws) turned away from her and said to her: "O Asma, once a woman reaches the age of puberty no part of her body should be uncovered except her face and hands".

You're failing man, try something else. It's pretty obvious now that people like you on this forum try to insult Islam in the guise of insulting 'Arab culture'.

simulacrum

Neo-Darwinist

Although, it is quite interesting that with the presence of Islam in African countries, the prevalence of AID is exceedingly low. that doesn't mean causation implies correlation. At least, that's what western schools teaches us:ayaanswag:.All I have to do is find one country that has different customs and religion with low aids rates to refute your argument.

Hubble

VIP
Bikinis aren't shocking compared to rape, murder, hunger, poor healthcare and everything else destroying us but I don't see anyone here discussing.

Make a decision and then stick with it, why do you need every Somali
girl to dress like you before coming to terms with your decision and life
style choice.

I'm liberal so I want everyone else to be like me won't cut it :idontlike:

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Make a decision and then stick with it, why do you need every Somali
girl to dress like you before coming to terms with your decision and life
style choice.

I'm liberal so I want everyone else to be like me won't cut it :idontlike:

It's about Somalis being judgemental. Why can't religious Somalis wear their hijab and khamis but stop slandering and bothering the girls who wear no hijab with low cut tops and jeans?

Somalis are too dumb to understand the concept of "freedom of choice" and "live and let live". They want everyone to conform. As long as nobody is infringing on other people's rights, they should do as they please.

Status
Not open for further replies.