Why are religious Somalis so eager to erase our culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
OP

People, especially men but also women these days, use religion to police you and your behaviour and your clothing. There was a thread a while back asking if men would accept if their wife was hijabless. Many said hell no, even though those same dudes listen to Drake and Young Thug and openly check out and comment on big booty women and lust over them, and do a million of other Haram stuff. If they don't like your behaviour or what you wear they will pull out the religion card on you.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
OP

People, especially men but also women these days, use religion to police you and your behaviour and your clothing. There was a thread a while back asking if men would accept if their wife was hijabless. Many said hell no, even though those same dudes listen to Drake and Young Thug and openly check out and comment on big booty women and lust over them, and do a million of other Haram stuff. If they don't like your behaviour or what you wear they will pull out the religion card on you.

Thank you. It's a shame they don't want to admit to this and face the problem that they've created.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
You tell mesiilaanyolaugh

I thought you were radical feminist?

You keep proving my point. Look at the title of this thread and then look at your first post talking about gaal ideology. Stop forcing your religion on everyone else.

OP

These are the type that get guilt tripped by some cyber-sheikh to joining jihadi groups.

Odeg

Gedo
You keep proving my point. Look at the title of this thread and then look at your first post talking about gaal ideology. Stop forcing your religion on everyone else.
What does your countless other troll threads prove? You are not sincere in your "struggle" for somali culture. Dont get mad when you are called out on it.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
What does your countless other troll thread prove? You are not sincere in your "struggle" for somali culture. Dont get mad when you are called out on it.

I am sincere. I'm very transparent in my beliefs and hopes for Somalia. Not once have I tried to hid my dislike for religion and clanism in Somalia. I just really want whats best for Somalia.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
I wouldn't say people have become more religious in modern times. Correct me if I'm wrong, I always assumed the civil war turned women into hijabis because they were afraid of showing skin when bandits were on the rampage. Since we've spent a quarter of a century in that state, that generation and those who followed started wearing it alltogether.

In peaceful Somalia there was no fear of repurcussion.

Mugheerah

TheXamarCadcadGuy
chang_spits_milk.gif

I was reading this while eating and I could not help but comment!

You're the one who is suggesting that Somalis (who are 99%~ Muslim) should accept western ideologies that are alien to their customs and against their religion (religion has precedence over customs).

Somalis predominantly follow the Shafi'i school of thought (Do you even know what that is?). In the Shafi'i school of thought, the 'awrah of a women is her whole body,(Saffina An-Najah, page 10, first paragraph) which means she is to wear a Niqab. Somalis have been following the Shafi'i madhhab for centuries. Did you actually think it's feasible to get Somalis to accept these gaalo ideologies (that have caused nothing but corruption)? No way... wallahi you've got to be one of the dumbest people on this forum.

I can prove to you that these western ideologies have brought nothing but corruption. I can also prove to you that Muslims are the most prosperous when implementing the Shariah in its entirety. When Somalis had Sultans and Qudhaa'. Did you know that in Andalusia it was literally considered an embarrassment to not have Religious and secular knowledge?

Ibn Battuta describes Somalia when it was most prosperous:

When Ibn Battuta arrived in 1331, Mogadishu stood at the zenith of its prosperity. He described it as "an exceedingly large city" with many rich merchants, noted for its high-quality fabric that was exported to other countries, including Egypt.[38] Ibn Battuta added that the city was ruled by a Somali Sultan, Abu Bakr ibn Sayx 'Umar,[39][40] who was originally from Berbera in northern Somalia and spoke both Somali (referred to by Battuta as Mogadishan, the Benadir dialect of Somali) and Arabic with equal fluency.[40][41] The Sultan also had a retinue of wazirs (ministers), legal experts, commanders, royal eunuchs, and assorted hangers-on at his beck and call.[40]

If you say anything beyond this then you are just a retard who is trying to be relevant by spewing nonsense on an online forum.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
chang_spits_milk.gif

I was reading this while eating and I could not help but comment!

You're the one who is suggesting that Somalis (who are 99%~ Muslim) should accept western ideologies that are alien to their customs and against their religion (religion has precedence over customs).

Somalis predominantly follow the Shafi'i school of thought (Do you even know what that is?). In the Shafi'i school of thought, the 'awrah of a women is her whole body,(Saffina An-Najah, page 10, first paragraph) which means she is to wear a Niqab. Somalis have been following the Shafi'i madhhab for centuries. Did you actually think it's feasible to get Somalis to accept these gaalo ideologies (that have caused nothing but corruption)? No way... wallahi you've got to be one of the dumbest people on this forum.

I can prove to you that these western ideologies have brought nothing but corruption. I can also prove to you that Muslims are the most prosperous when implementing the Shariah in its entirety. When Somalis had Sultans and Qudhaa'. Did you know that in Andalusia it was literally considered an embarrassment to not have Religious and secular knowledge?

Ibn Battuta describes Somalia when it was most prosperous:

When Ibn Battuta arrived in 1331, Mogadishu stood at the zenith of its prosperity. He described it as "an exceedingly large city" with many rich merchants, noted for its high-quality fabric that was exported to other countries, including Egypt.[38] Ibn Battuta added that the city was ruled by a Somali Sultan, Abu Bakr ibn Sayx 'Umar,[39][40] who was originally from Berbera in northern Somalia and spoke both Somali (referred to by Battuta as Mogadishan, the Benadir dialect of Somali) and Arabic with equal fluency.[40][41] The Sultan also had a retinue of wazirs (ministers), legal experts, commanders, royal eunuchs, and assorted hangers-on at his beck and call.[40]

If you say anything beyond this then you are just a retard who is trying to be relevant by spewing nonsense on an online forum.

Please don't write me any more. Everytime I see your name I barf.

Barni, sing with me

EITHER OR EITHER OR makes you an extremist BORE

Attachments

• 20061212-1.gif
    20061212-1.gif
    172.3 KB · Views: 198

Mugheerah

TheXamarCadcadGuy
Please don't write me any more. Everytime I see your name I barf.
Does this girl think she's something special? You're irrelevant. This is most likely the last thing I'm saying to you unless you spew more ridiculous and baseless garbage that makes me feel compelled to debunk. Have a nice day useful idiot.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Does this girl think she's something special? You're irrelevant. This is most likely the last thing I'm saying to you unless you spew more ridiculous and baseless garbage that makes me feel compelled to debunk. Have a nice day useful idiot.

You need fresh air, please step out of the mosque.

@Mugheerah What you wrote about Ibn Battuta doesnt mention dress code of women or how strict Somalis were about religion. So that quote doesnt prove your assertion that Somalia can only be prosperous when they are strict with the religion. It would be a good thing if they were, but I dont necessarily think it would lead to a prosperous society it today's cultural climate. I mean look at Al-Shabab.

@Barni , I get where youre coming from. Somalis need a traditional dress code that stands out as being authentic Somali. Saudis/Khaleejis have their own, Pakis/Afghans have their own, Iranians have their won, and the coolest of all, West Africans have their own.

I have a problem with how Somalis dress. I have the biggest problem with the European dress shirts 3 sizes too big that the men wear. Somalia needs a fashion revolution. I dont care if they put on more clothing, or put on less, as long as its distinctly Somali and stylish. Thats a lot to ask for a country with more serious issues, but I was thinking a charity clothing bank. But first we have to figure out what those outfits are. And lets focus on the men since as it stands they have more freedom of self-expression.

@Mugheerah What you wrote about Ibn Battuta doesnt mention dress code of women or how strict Somalis were about religion. So that quote doesnt prove your assertion that Somalia can only be prosperous when they are strict with the religion. It would be a good thing if they were, but I dont necessarily think it would lead to a prosperous society it today's cultural climate. I mean look at Al-Shabab.

@Barni , I get where youre coming from. Somalis need a traditional dress code that stands out as being authentic Somali. Saudis/Khaleejis have their own, Pakis/Afghans have their own, Iranians have their won, and the coolest of all, West Africans have their own.

I have a problem with how Somalis dress. I have the biggest problem with the European dress shirts 3 sizes too big that the men wear. Somalia needs a fashion revolution. I dont care if they put on more clothing, or put on less, as long as its distinctly Somali and stylish. Thats a lot to ask for a country with more serious issues, but I was thinking a charity clothing bank. But first we have to figure out what those outfits are. And lets focus on the men since as it stands they have more freedom of self-expression.

You've really thought long and hard about this. And you are right, especially about the shirts, the entire suits are frequently ill fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts