Why are religious Somalis so eager to erase our culture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I wrote this in that failed thread. Let's discuss this please?

Please we love Somalia. I want Somali women to start wearing diiracs and gunthinos. Have their beautiful curly hair out and fight against the jilbaba/burka culture. Somalis hate the Somali culture. The majority of Somali women wear the headscarf out of fear not religion.

I want Somalis to start reading Somali history. Learn more about our country. I wan't Somalis to break away from the middle east. To start talking control over our land. Build a strong standing army. Rebuild our Navy. Open up museums that talk about our culture and our history. Why are religious Somalis so eager to delete all of our culture and traditions. Why are religious Somalis so eager to make Somalia a replica of Saudi Arabia?

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP
You seems to be blaimg the problems of somalia on the middle east and religious somalis and that they are the ones standing in the way of your utopia?

Lets say we got rid of those 2 elements do you think somalias problems will vanish?

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
I'm a religious Somali,but I hold my culture dear.

Also Somali women can have their nappy headed heads out. Nobody really cares, that's on them. If a Somali women wants to wear a jilbab or burka that's on her too.

I don't see the Middle-East encroaching on Somali lands. Only the neighboring countries and the Western world exerting their rule on Somalis.

Are you a gaal? Please tell us.

How was Somalia like over the past millennia??? If anything it is you brainwashed juhaal who want to change the cultural and historic fabric of the Somali nation. You people have an obsession with guntiino and dirac yet have no problem in imposing ideas that are completely foreign to our people and have a track record of not working around the world. Ideas that time and time again lead to nothing but destroyed homes and destroyed economies.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I'm a religious Somali,but I hold my culture dear.

Also Somali women can have their nappy headed heads out. Nobody really cares, that's on them. If a Somali women wants to wear a jilbab or burka that's on her too.

I don't see the Middle-East encroaching on Somali lands. Only the neighboring countries and the Western world exerting their rule on Somalis.

Somali and Nappy hair don't work along ok. Timo jillec.

And yes most peoples interpretation of Islam has lead to the death of our culture. Do you really think I can walk around in Somalia with my hair out wearing a ghuntino? I would be killed.

Tucking_Fypo

سلطنة مجرتين
VIP

And yes most peoples interpretation of Islam has lead to the death of our culture. Do you really think I can walk around in Somalia with my hair out wearing a ghuntino? I would be killed.
I've seen women do that and nobody really gave a dammo_O

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP

Typical Scandinavian Halimo lol so brainwashed and liberal.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Are you a gaal? Please tell us.

How was Somalia like over the past millennia??? If anything it is you brainwashed juhaal who want to change the cultural and historic fabric of the Somali nation. You people have an obsession with guntiino and dirac yet have no problem in imposing ideas that are completely foreign to our people and have a track record of not working around the world. Ideas that time and time again lead to nothing but destroyed homes and destroyed economies.

tumblr_mnwd58zUg61stqc4wo2_500.jpg
tumblr_mb9jolvMfE1qiomrko1_500.png
tumblr_lxhq5679yF1r9llg7o1_500.jpg

OUR CULTURE IS BEING KILLED.

I was in Somaliland in the early 2000, a common fashion at that time was wearing an american flag on your head. If somali women can wear that, they can wear anything.

paragon

Keeping it Real Since 01/01/90
I do not care what Somali women wear, many of them are conformist and only wear certain attire not because of faith but because everyone else is. Trust me if this was 1970 they'd be sporting fros. What you don't get is that their outward appearance - clothing has a lot more to do with a long standing civil strife, and it doesn't make them less Somali; their mannerisms are unchanged, they still speak Somali and they aren't even more virtuous. If they did not experience a civil war and were witnessing economic prosperity there's no telling what they'd wear. I would imagine it would be a mixed back like in Malaysia with some sisters covering their hair and some not.

Hubble

VIP
Jilbaabs made some women fat and lose their body image. Then men have the guts to complain that women dont make an effort. Well you're telling them that beautification is vanity and haram so get used to frumpy and uptight.

The jilbab wearing women have plenty of Diracs n gontinos they just don't show their beauty to the whole world. Worry about yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending