Why am I getting ads for East Asian dating here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Bruce,

I don't understand why you've come to the league of shadows to seek my counsel. You speak so sagaciously with crystalline self-awareness and appear to have all the answers. Yet your deeds and feet don't always work in tandem. You say what you do is based on strategy. I don't like reaching back into the past, but I've lived a long time. It's also counterproductive in solving your personal problems in the present, but let's take a trip down memory lane. Why did you feel the need to win admiration from your peers? In doing so, we're you more agent or a slave to your environment? Since you are capable of aligning thoughts, feelings, and behaviors and going back to your unadulterated state, what's stopping you?

Signed,

Ras Al Ghul

Side note - So you being able to balance your debauchery and not allowing it to be all consuming and impact other spheres of your life makes you different from them? Interesting, as I'm sure if you asked them they would probably say something along a similar vein.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm not that detached. I'm a product of my environment, but more calculative than most. I know what's best, and to get ahead in this world you need to be social and be a part of some group. If you want to become rich then you need to appeal to the right people to develop a good network, process the right info, and constantly take action based on the information processed, and do this in repeat. The need to seek admiration from others may come from different sources, but my need to get admiration was not based on lack of admiration, but more of an ambition based impulse. You have to understand, I was not this advanced in my earlier years as a kid, but I had the sort of the same mentality. I'm both agent and a slave to my environment. We, humans, are by definition slaves to our environment, but it works on different levels.

I never get influenced more than needed in unintended situations. I know what my plans are and I control what information I consume, and what type of individual I need to be to reach that specific goal. All other things are secondary or useless to me.

I'm not perfect either, I fuk up many times, but when that happens I quickly learn from it. Failure is a good lesson while success is a lousy one. I don't want to give you the impression that I'm a perfectionist freak.

Nah. I will never get back to my unadulterated state, and I don't see the need to either. If I went back in time and took other choices, then I would have been a completely different person today and my reality would have been different. Tbh, I live a good life, not because of materialistic and social standing. But because I have a good mind. I never look back and don't regret anything. The person I am today would rather live with the wisdom from these experiences instead of being pure. This is just me, I understand if people wish they could have changed things in the past, but I don't sit around and wonder. It is what it is.

When I mentioned being in equilibrium, I didn't mean that I have full control of everything. That would be insane and frankly boring, but that I have enough control to acclimate based on the environment and never be engulfed in the issues that are before me. I also weigh the good and the bad so I never fail hard, in the instance that I fuc up.¨

I know a guy who started doing coke, he claimed he had control. To me, that's being unbalanced and not in equilibrium. He would rather ignore health problems and exchange it for artificially induced dopamine. He is successful and owns a company, so he lives a better life than most. But to me, that is the definition of being unbalanced. I can be around those people without ever become like them. That's why I'm superior.:icon lol:

You're probably right, the people you claim I'm similar to may use the same arguments. The question is, are they like me? lel

Good Batman meme.
batmann.jpg

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'm not that detached. I'm a product of my environment, but more calculative than most. I know what's best, and to get ahead in this world you need to be social and be a part of some group. If you want to become rich then you need to appeal to the right people to develop a good network, process the right info, and constantly take action based on the information processed, and do this in repeat. The need to seek admiration from others may come from different sources, but my need to get admiration was not based on lack of admiration, but more of an ambition based impulse. You have to understand, I was not this advanced in my earlier years as a kid, but I had the sort of the same mentality. I'm both agent and a slave to my environment. We, humans, are by definition slaves to our environment, but it works on different levels.

I never get influenced more than needed in unintended situations. I know what my plans are and I control what information I consume, and what type of individual I need to be to reach that specific goal. All other things are secondary or useless to me.

I'm not perfect either, I fuk up many times, but when that happens I quickly learn from it. Failure is a good lesson while success is a lousy one. I don't want to give you the impression that I'm a perfectionist freak.

Nah. I will never get back to my unadulterated state, and I don't see the need to either. If I went back in time and took other choices, then I would have been a completely different person today and my reality would have been different. Tbh, I live a good life, not because of materialistic and social standing. But because I have a good mind. I never look back and don't regret anything. The person I am today would rather live with the wisdom from these experiences instead of being pure. This is just me, I understand if people wish they could have changed things in the past, but I don't sit around and wonder. It is what it is.

When I mentioned being in equilibrium, I didn't mean that I have full control of everything. That would be insane and frankly boring, but that I have enough control to acclimate based on the environment and never be engulfed in the issues that are before me. I also weigh the good and the bad so I never fail hard, in the instance that I fuc up.¨

I know a guy who started doing coke, he claimed he had control. To me, that's being unbalanced and not in equilibrium. He would rather ignore health problems and exchange it for artificially induced dopamine. He is successful and owns a company, so he lives a better life than most. But to me, that is the definition of being unbalanced. I can be around those people without ever become like them. That's why I'm superior.:icon lol:

You're probably right, the people you claim I'm similar to may use the same arguments. The question is, are they like me? lel

Good Batman meme.
View attachment 63070

The thesis:

You might not be perfect but you don't dwell on pass setbacks, rather you see them as pieces that might have helped to formulate the person you are today. You clearly don't have the same 'frame of mind' that you did when you were younger. People change all the time and having an old script of who you were yesterday has little bearing on who you are today, or tomorrow for that matter. So, I understand Your reasoning. However, sometimes people are drawn to the phantoms of their past rather than the corporal begins they are dealing with in the present. So, I just wanted to clarify where you stood. I can't believe this heathen is making me side with him. *Shame, shame, shame.* Oh, whatever. Lol.

From what I gather what you're doing is currently working so there really isn't much of a reason for you to pivot. You do things based on the feedback you receive. And a part of being successful is hobnobbing with venture capitalist I mean coke-head business owners (which I find totally off-kilter) but you haven't taken on their personal demons as your own. I hate to criticize but your friend sounds materially successful but spiritually poor, it seems like he doesn't have much of a strong foundation in some practice, be a secular meditative one and/or religious grounding. I might be shooting in the dark. He might be connected to something greater than himself but turns to coke as a leisurely activity (doubting it).

What faux pas have you made, now I'm curious? Failures are trying and they certainly teach you lessons (I wholeheartedly agree with what you've said).

Both an agent and an object. I expected that response.

Nice meme, Tahlia did it first, though.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You two need to get a room :shookgabre:

:mahubowtf: That's the thanks I get for keeping your thread alive and teaching you jedi level 'cyber' shukansi. For that I will charge you to join my dojo.

Also, yellow fever looks like it's in your future given your search history.

Last edited:
The thesis:

You might not be perfect but you don't dwell on pass setbacks, rather you see them as pieces that might have helped to formulate the person you are today. You clearly don't have the same 'frame of mind' that you did when you were younger. People change all the time and having an old script of who you were yesterday has little bearing on who you are today, or tomorrow for that matter. So, I understand Your reasoning. However, sometimes people are drawn to the phantoms of their past rather than the corporal begins they are dealing with in the present. So, I just wanted to clarify where you stood. I can't believe this heathen is making me side with him. *Shame, shame, shame.* Oh, whatever. Lol.

From what I gather what you're doing is currently working so there really isn't much of a reason for you to pivot. You do things based on the feedback you receive. And a part of being successful is hobnobbing with venture capitalist I mean coke-head business owners (which I find totally off-kilter) but you haven't taken on their personal demons as your own. I hate to criticize but your friend sounds materially successful but spiritually poor, it seems like he doesn't have much of a strong foundation in some practice, be a secular meditative one and/or religious grounding. I might be shooting in the dark. He might be connected to something greater than himself but turns to coke as a leisurely activity (doubting it).

What faux pas have you made, now I'm curious? Failures are trying and they certainly teach you lessons (I wholeheartedly agree with what you've said).

Both an agent and an object. I expected that response.

Nice meme, Tahlia did it first, though.

That's the thing. I believe in self-critique and constant self-improvement. I welcome it. And I recognized early in my life that getting critiqued by the people around me would help me grow. I accept change and don't take anything personally. People who are drawn to their pasts will never truly grow. The only time I look at the past is to learn something new and improve. The present is the main focus, but the future is something I've already laid out. The road may change based on the new information I get along the way, but I know where I want to be at 65.

Not every one of my friends is like the guy I mentioned earlier, I just wanted to set an example, if you know what I mean. Do you know that most people are not aware that the company they keep defines them? If you recognize that you are the average of your five closest friends, then you can get a better perspective of where you stand. I have a few childhood friends and I keep them around. I also understand that my plans and ambitions are more important so I position them somewhere in my life, but they are not that important anymore. You need to surround yourself with people who can help you grow. People with expertise are valued much more than nice people, or people who make them feel better, in my opinion. People also don't recognize that even though their friends are not toxic and may be good people, their presence can still stigmatize their growth. Because friends are never really there to give us the hard truth, but to make us feel better about our current selves. Do you see the problem here?

People also don't recognize that being social is the most important thing in life. Human beings survived since the cradle against all odds because of this nature, while other human-like creatures like neanderthals died out. All people are different, so you need to learn to read them individually, and this skill will automatically give you advantages. If you understand who your boss is and how your coworker's functions, then your life will become much easier. I value skills, knowledge and hard work to get the best quality information so I can provide the best service, but this effort will not be appreciated fully if I don't learn how to communicate with people. We are not made aware of this in school and that's why people with innate charisma and people-skills have a headstart compared to the rest who must figure this out and learn to refine the skills along the way.

I know she jumped first. That scene has been stuck with me ever since. You have to take off the rope to truly gains something. That was a good lesson for me. You have to give something up to truly gain something new. Life is about sacrifices and gains. The question is, do you make the right sacrifices? Do you get most gains from those sacrifices? If you have the answer to that then your life is good, or at least on the right track.

Heathen? LOL. This heathen is a reasonable one.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
That's the thing. I believe in self-critique and constant self-improvement. I welcome it. And I recognized early in my life that getting critiqued by the people around me would help me grow. I accept change and don't take anything personally. People who are drawn to their pasts will never truly grow. The only time I look at the past is to learn something new and improve. The present is the main focus, but the future is something I've already laid out. The road may change based on the new information I get along the way, but I know where I want to be at 65.

Not every one of my friends is like the guy I mentioned earlier, I just wanted to set an example, if you know what I mean. Do you know that most people are not aware that the company they keep defines them? If you recognize that you are the average of your five closest friends, then you can get a better perspective of where you stand. I have a few childhood friends and I keep them around. I also understand that my plans and ambitions are more important so I position them somewhere in my life, but they are not that important anymore. You need to surround yourself with people who can help you grow. People with expertise are valued much more than nice people, or people who make them feel better, in my opinion. People also don't recognize that even though their friends are not toxic and may be good people, their presence can still stigmatize their growth. Because friends are never really there to give us the hard truth, but to make us feel better about our current selves. Do you see the problem here?

People also don't recognize that being social is the most important thing in life. Human beings survived since the cradle against all odds because of this nature, while other human-like creatures like neanderthals died out. All people are different, so you need to learn to read them individually, and this skill will automatically give you advantages. If you understand who your boss is and how your coworker's functions, then your life will become much easier. I value skills, knowledge and hard work to get the best quality information so I can provide the best service, but this effort will not be appreciated fully if I don't learn how to communicate with people. We are not made aware of this in school and that's why people with innate charisma and people-skills have a headstart compared to the rest who must figure this out and learn to refine the skills along the way.

I know she jumped first. That scene has been stuck with me ever since. You have to take off the rope to truly gains something. That was a good lesson for me. You have to give something up to truly gain something new. Life is about sacrifices and gains. The question is, do you make the right sacrifices? Do you get most gains from those sacrifices? If you have the answer to that then your life is good, or at least on the right track.

Heathen? LOL. This heathen is a reasonable one.

Yes; people are the sum total of their top five. But we have sxb, and associates for various occasions or reasons. Ambition might be impressed upon but I wouldn't force it upon people I know. Unless they truly want it for themselves. Then I'd gladly encourage it.

Some people don't like being uncomfortable it can put them on defense mood even if you're proposing a better alternative to a situation/or a better course of action.

How would you rate yourself on self-awareness? That is how you perceive yourself and how others perceive you? And what's you're feedback gathering tool in that respect. Lol, don't get me wrong all info isn't valuable info and someone outside a particular area or domain of expertise might not be the best person to ask about how you're doing. I suppose feedback should be from those with enough knowledge on a subject which can give you insightful info that you can act on.

Do you get the most sacrifices out of those gains hmm...
I suppose half the battle is becoming acutely aware of what it is that you want. A lot of folks merely don't know. Or have a vague concept about that.

Good for you in figuring out what you want quite early in life. And I applaud that you're highly process oriented. Haha, some of us, particularly ADD creatives are very idea rich but implementation poor. Lol, I've heard this strange analogy before. Flirt with an idea, date a solution but marry a problem. Not intended to apply to men/ women.

Yes; people are the sum total of their top five. But we have sxb, and associates for various occasions or reasons. Ambition might be impressed upon but I wouldn't force it upon people I know. Unless they truly want it for themselves. Then I'd gladly encourage it.

Some people don't like being uncomfortable it can put them on defense mood even if you're proposing a better alternative to a situation/or a better course of action.

How would you rate yourself on self-awareness? That is how you perceive yourself and how others perceive you? And what's you're feedback gathering tool in that respect. Lol, don't get me wrong all info isn't valuable info and someone outside a particular area or domain of expertise might not be the best person to ask about how you're doing. I suppose feedback should be from those with enough knowledge on a subject which can give you insightful info that you can act on.

Do you get the most sacrifices out of those gains hmm...
I suppose half the battle is becoming acutely aware of what it is that you want. A lot of folks merely don't know. Or have a vague concept about that.

Good for you in figuring out what you want quite early in life. And I applaud that you're highly process oriented. Haha, some of us, particularly ADD creatives are very idea rich but implementation poor. Lol, I've heard this strange analogy before. Flirt with an idea, date a solution but marry a problem. Not intended to apply to men/ women.

I almost never force my ideas on others (except my family). People never change, and I don't have the time or the privilege to change them at all. If people don't want to hear my ambitious crap, then they are free to not listen to them. I'm with like-minded people though, so we have a good dynamic in terms of information feedback and all other things.

First and foremost, I trust my judgment and self-awareness. The feedback gathering from the external is just a plus. Something that people neglect but I happily embrace. I keep competent people around me, so I won't get bad feedback for the most part, and if I do, then I use my judgment. I always revert back to myself in the end to process and get a sense of what is right an wrong. My head is the ultimate judge, all other info is just the same to me, but the more info I process leads me to better understanding and better growth.

"I suppose feedback should be from those with enough knowledge on a subject which can give you insightful info that you can act on." You are correct. Guess I can reason with a heathen hating humanoid. kkk

By the way, most of us suck in terms of self-awareness. We can all gain something from critique.

My mind works in terms of structures, but I have found a way to work with it.

Last edited:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I almost never force my ideas on others (except my family). People never change, and I don't have the time or the privilege to change them at all. If people don't want to hear my ambitious crap, then they are free to not listen to them. I'm with like-minded people though, so we have a good dynamic in terms of information feedback and all other things.

First and foremost, I trust my judgment and self-awareness. The feedback gathering from the external is just a plus. Something that people neglect but I happily embrace. I keep competent people around me, so I won't get bad feedback for the most part, and if I do, then I use my judgment. I always revert back to myself in the end to process and get a sense of what is right an wrong. My head is the ultimate judge, all other info is just the same to me, but the more info I process leads me to better understanding and better growth.

"I suppose feedback should be from those with enough knowledge on a subject which can give you insightful info that you can act on." You are correct. Guess I can reason with a heathen hating humanoid. kkk

By the way, most of us suck in terms of self-awareness. We can all gain something from critique.

My mind works in terms of structures, but I have found a way to work with it.

People certainly do change. It's just not our job to make them do so, it's of their own volition. They certainly have the capacity to make and break habits if they choose. I'm more a fan of the Adlerian school of thought where people stop self-diagnosing and being married to their misfortunes and start doing something (as life gives them countless opportunities for a turn around). An individual's, current standing doesn't have to dictate their future outcome. What is more important is their current trajectory and the cumulative impact of their rather benign daily decisions.

Last edited:
People certainly do change. It's just not our job to make them do so, it's of their own volition. They certainly have the capacity to make and break habits if they choose. I'm more a fan of the Adlerian school of thought where people stop self-diagnosing and being married to their misfortunes and start doing something (as life gives them countless opportunities for a turn around). An individual's, current standing doesn't have to dictate their future outcome. What is more important is their current trajectory and the cumulative impact of their rather benign daily decisions.

I might be extreme sometimes. If I think about it, the reason I believe people can't change is to make it easier for me to classify them. Things need to move quickly in my life. People can change in theory, and they certainly do throughout their lives, but they hold on to who they are way too hard. This is good if you are like me, but not if you have a shitty personality or too one dimensional and inflexible. You've also probably heard people say "I don't let anybody change me" or "I'm happy with who I am", that is a fucked up attitude to have. lol Some people are more hardwired than others, where they fit the "you can't learn an old dog new tricks" way too early. How can people be "married to their misfortunes", and expect a different outcome? Isn't that a contradiction?

"Central to the Adlerian approach is to see the personality as a whole and not as the mere net result of component forces." Sounds nice and it is an ideal way to look at human beings, but I'm more like "net result of component forces" kind of guy. Specifics matters. I think I agree with Adlerian approach with family and some friends, but the rest will not get the same privilege.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I might be extreme sometimes. If I think about it, the reason I believe people can't change is to make it easier for me to classify them. Things need to move quickly in my life. People can change in theory, and they certainly do throughout their lives, but they hold on to who they are way too hard. This is good if you are like me, but not if you have a shitty personality or too one dimensional and inflexible. You've also probably heard people say "I don't let anybody change me" or "I'm happy with who I am", that is a fucked up attitude to have. lol Some people are more hardwired than others, where they fit the "you can't learn an old dog new tricks" way too early. How can people be "married to their misfortunes", and expect a different outcome? Isn't that a contradiction?

"Central to the Adlerian approach is to see the personality as a whole and not as the mere net result of component forces." Sounds nice and it is an ideal way to look at human beings, but I'm more like "net result of component forces" kind of guy. Specifics matters. I think I agree with Adlerian approach with family and some friends, but the rest will not get the same privilege.

I guess you're just looking at heuristics (mental shortcuts) to quickly classify and expediently move on. When I see people, I take on a more holistic view. Remember what you said earlier, people are most like those they commonly associate with. Some will do anything for safety and sense of belonging even if it means sabotaging themselves in favour of the group, all because they are afraid. This would make sense if there was an actual real impending threat if they were hunter-gatherers isolated from the tribe - likely to be eaten by predators or harmed by outsiders.
You'd be surprised how many people are afflicted with cognitive dissonance. :sass2: Want to change but still the same person doing the same thing.

I can see why you only apply that approach to family and friends because they are the closet in your circle of influence. You could help others but I guess, time is of the essence for you and prize it highly. I'm just going to assume you're an Engineer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts