Who are the Natufians?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting.

"Ancient DNA analysis has confirmed ancestral ties between the Natufian culture bearers and the makers of the Epipaleolithic Iberomaurusian culture of the Maghreb, the Pre-Pottery Neolithic culture of the Levant, the Early Neolithic Ifri n'Amr or Moussa culture of the Maghreb, the Savanna Pastoral Neolithic culture of East Africa, the Late Neolithic Kelif el Boroud culture of the Maghreb, and the Ancient Egyptian culture of the Nile Valley, with fossils associated with these early cultures all sharing a common genomic component."

But Chalcolithic Iranian like population brought J1/J2 to the Near East which is absent among African Afro-Asiatic speakers. @Apollo help us out...

That's deep into pre-history, we're talking about tribes, kingdoms and empires that died so long ago no one even remembers their names. 99% of human history happened before writing was invented, and only the most vague myths allegorically allude to the ancient past.

There were conquerors who carved out enormous empires and ruled over vast dominions and now only their garbage and their graves leave even a clue that they ever existed.

Even in admixed populations like Iranians, you can still find what their ancient ancestors looked like through people who exhibit that phenotype. You also have Iranians who look more Slavic/''Aryan''.
I always wondered why my classmate looked more like him, while others were ligher, as you put it 'slavic'.

Apollo

VIP
I always wondered why my classmate looked more like him, while others where ligher, as you put it 'slavic'.

I have seen red-headed / dark blonde Iranians in real life, although they are rare.

main-qimg-8f546710ed91e613cb50eca18b121a7c-c

5619507792_8c3a40c3e9.jpg

2j2zubl.jpg

Modern Iranians have admixture from people resembling Ukrainians. That's why they got haplogroup R1a and speak Indo-European languages.

Ancient Iranians were more similar to modern Levantines and looked darker.

I have seen red-headed / dark blonde Iranians in real life, although they are rare.
I have seen some dark blonde kurds and many live in iran too. My syrian neighbours have one boy who is indistinguishable from european ginger, while his siblings looks like typical arabs.

main-qimg-8f546710ed91e613cb50eca18b121a7c-c

5619507792_8c3a40c3e9.jpg

2j2zubl.jpg

Modern Iranians have admixture from people resembling Ukrainians. That's why they got haplogroup R1a and speak Indo-European languages.

Ancient Iranians were more similar to modern Levantines and looked darker.
So the Chalcolithic Iranian never had the european parts in their genes when they mixed with the ancient egyptians?

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
:bell:Iranians are still mostly medetaranian though

As for us it was most likely a west eurasian medetaranian people who contributed to us not euros

Most likely proto arab or proto semitic inhabitants of iran who also inhabited the middle east

The first farmers in the Fertile Crescent were distinct at first. Couple thousand years later right before Afro-Asiatic migrations, there is a bunch of admixture from Anatolia/Zagros (Iran).

I’ve always thought that any admixture in Somalis outside of the Levent would have been Ancient Mesopotamian/ Sumerian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending