When will disaspora somalis come back to somalia? Are they happy their country has failed.

Are you going back anytime soon?

• Total voters
For those of you who are scared, cynical, etc, etc. Go visit back home, it will be the best trip of your life and you'll wish you could stay. Especially if you're from a relatively peaceful area.
It will wake you up, excite you and fill you with a lot of dreams. It's amazing back home, but don't stay in the baadiyo, for a long time, try to go to the coast, or the mountains, anywhere with natural beauty and you'll wish you never left.
I highly recommend that all of you visit, if you haven't done so already. It's the best place on earth, even with its issues. You'll feel more at home than anywhere else on earth, I can't describe the feeling. The closest feeling to Somalia, was a little like being in Madinah; security, peace, 'belonging'.

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
Most Somalis return to Somalia when they are in their sixties to be buried there, so this is what I will do :drakewtf:

i try to go back to xamar every summer, although i didn't go since 2021. i will probably always bounce between the west and somalia. I can't live full time in Somalia, until maybe retirement inshallah.

Good plan but it just seems like nothing but wishful thinking. The old heads have already spread their clan bs to younger adults and kids. I bet most of the qabil hard heads won't take word from 500 people from outside of the mainland. Plus Somalis in general are stubborn as hell, I've lost hope in them leaving the topic of qabils to die.
Theres over 9 million somalis outside the somali country. We can use that to our advantage. It might take a while. We just need to educate the current and younger populus.

I know people who have gone back to live in Puntland, they're very happy, but they do have their own streams of income. You can live back home, but go back with a game-plan.
If your time is up, it's up, whether you are in Somalia or in New York, you can't out-run your death.
100%. I just dont want somalis to be in such a sorry state. I cant imagine dying with the somali youth in such a state aswell.

Internet Nomad

๐‘ฎ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’ˆ๐’“๐’†๐’†๐’๐’†๐’“ ๐’‘๐’‚๐’”๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’†๐’”
VIP
There needs to be enough comfortability and stability for most people to return. When we reach that threshold I believe most will return.

Somalia will continue to be in rubbles unless we get rid of the qabil system and not have recycled leaders selling our country for few gains.

Lostbox

ใ€ŒImmortal Sageใ€| Qabil-fluid
VIP
If you are doing decently well. The western lifestyle is a luxury that extremely difficult to give up. Plus, there no property rights law or other institutions that give confidence in Somalia

NidarNidar

Punisher
Most of them are never coming back even if the civil war ends. I went there in 2012 as vacation and almost lost my life 2 times I was there for two months and rarely left the house
As much as Somaliland gets hate, the clans up north have their shit together, until Alshabab gets kebabed down south, I don't ever see myself travelling south, I went back home the amount of security and checkpoints just to get to Hargeisa was crazy, not going to mention the airport, went through like 4-5 security areas.

The Somali dream is too tahriib too the west. Even the rich sijuus want to leave Kenya and you think saywallahi are ever moving back lol. My advice too saywallahi are the least you can do is build a home to ur parents and retire them, let them enjoy Somalia that is their home.

NidarNidar

Punisher
The Somali dream is too tahriib too the west. Even the rich sijuus want to leave Kenya and you think saywallahi are ever moving back lol. My advice too saywallahi are the least you can do is build a home to ur parents and retire them, let them enjoy Somalia that is their home.
Already did, it's more of a holiday home, my goal is to head back in my 40s and start a company dealing with IT infrastructure, security and planning, bringing my expertise back home.

View attachment 299403
Somalis would say "our" country. I believe you are an ajinabi
Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN
Good catch. Weve been infiltrated.

I know people who have gone back to live in Puntland, they're very happy, but they do have their own streams of income. You can live back home, but go back with a game-plan.
If your time is up, it's up, whether you are in Somalia or in New York, you can't out-run your death.
And do those people come from minnasoeta and where in puntland do they settle down in

Trending