When will disaspora somalis come back to somalia? Are they happy their country has failed.

Are you going back anytime soon?

• Total voters
Sad to see we've become keyboard warriors on twitter, tiktok and instagram knowing full well that the reality of our country is not the same.
As soon as i get the education aspect finished, i will head back. What about this forum.

Yaraye

VIP
Screen Shot 2023-10-16 at 8.07.11 AM.png

Somalis would say "our" country. I believe you are an ajinabi
Side Eye Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Sad to see we've become keyboard warriors on twitter, tiktok and instagram knowing full well that the reality of our country is not the same.
As soon as i get the education aspect finished, i will head back. What about this forum.
You want me to leave the the beautiful west so i can become a clan warrior to fight for some dusty villages?

This is me

It's not simply a matter of will or desire.

Individuals can only do so much; you absolutely need some sort of movement with structure, finance, security, segmented departments and infrastructure accommodation.

You can't possibly convince the majority of the refugee derived diaspora to return home; one would have to pay technically educated and experienced [5 years minimum] members of the community to return home on a contractual basis for 4 years and teach in pre-established tertiary institutions...

..These individuals would then be tasked with transmiting their knowledge, experience and expertise to thousands of intelligent, passionate and competent students in their own schools back home...

..This could be achieved with 1,000 people -- with the tens of thousands of people in the diaspora playing a supporting role.

The diaspora would have to be organised and would need a great deal of capital to even begin thinking about putting any of this into practice.

mohamedismail

Reewin. Lixda Gobol ee Maayland unii leh!
Many Somalis feel they are too Somali for the west and to western for Somalia. They are seen as "Say wallahi" in Somalia and foreigners in the diaspora. That's the issue a lot of young diaspora Somalis have.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
It's not simply a matter of will or desire.

Individuals can only do so much; you absolutely need some sort of movement with structure, finance, security, segmented departments and infrastructure accommodation.

You can't possibly convince the majority of the refugee derived diaspora to return home; one would have to pay technically educated and experienced [5 years minimum] members of the community to return home on a contractual basis for 4 years and teach in pre-established tertiary institutions...

..These individuals would then be tasked with transmiting their knowledge, experience and expertise to thousands of intelligent, passionate and competent students in their own schools back home...

..This could be achieved with 1,000 people -- with the tens of thousands of people in the diaspora playing a supporting role.

The diaspora would have to be organised and would need a great deal of capital to even begin thinking about putting any of this into practice.
This is all early possible. The glaring issue in somalia is lack of security due to weak government. If government and order was established in somalia there would be damn near a million diaspora coming back within 5 years at most.

There are many somali who return home to set up buisnesses already with the risks. If it was stable we'd have many more.

All of Somalia's problems stem from lack of security and government. Once that is solved, everything else will fall into order.

Internet Nomad

𝑮𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒓 𝒑𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆𝒔
VIP
I need to get my bread up. Money changes things. Without cash who am i meant to help when i need my own dough. If you’re planning going and want to help any one care about your own bills first.
Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

There is plenty of Somalis with interest to return and rebuild, but the country is still run by AS with permission of the president.

There was a Somali who was returning home last term to build a state of the art prison for Somalia, he was assassinated. This is a cautionary tale. Even hodan who is the most wholesome person was killed. Until south fix their shit, it seems like a death sentence. If you stand out and help the nation too much, it seems you’ll be killed.

Most of them are never coming back even if the civil war ends. I went there in 2012 as vacation and almost lost my life 2 times I was there for two months and rarely left the house

You talking about Somalis born in the West? Most of them are long gone and will be like the Somalis in Oman although much less integrated.

Only thing that will reverse this is a complete meltdown of society in the West over the next 20-30 years (which is very much a possibility). Forcing people to go back to their origins, even then I see lot of them choosing to go to Kenya or the middle East over Somalia.

Until the tribalism nature of Somalis dies I'm not returning. Nothing I hate more than tribal talk.
We just need 500 educated somalis to bring civility back to somalia. Change everything. Old farts who have killed somalis in the name of qabil will be sent to the sahara and exiled. All the tribalist coons on twitter who spend every hour talking about the primitive clan shit can stay in the west. They arent needed. The other somali areas within the horn such as PL and SL can be brought back to the fold by reconciling them and removing the parasites which engage in creating hatred between them. Once we are united, Al shabab is destroyed. The decades of humiliation will come to a end. Move somalis around i.e Universities established, jobs created. Make clan tendencies a lowly venture in somalis so we can steer away from it. Theres many more things we can do.

It may sound hard but the key is the educated diaspora.

We just need 500 educated somalis to bring civility back to somalia. Change everything. Old farts who have killed somalis in the name of qabil will be sent to the sahara and exiled. All the tribalist coons on twitter who spend every hour talking about the primitive clan shit can stay in the west. They arent needed. The other somali areas within the horn such as PL and SL can be brought back to the fold by reconciling them and removing the parasites which engage in creating hatred between them. Once we are united, Al shabab is destroyed. The decades of humiliation will come to a end. Move somalis around i.e Universities established, jobs created. Make clan tendencies a lowly venture in somalis so we can steer away from it. Theres many more things we can do.

It may sound hard but the key is the educated diaspora.
Good plan but it just seems like nothing but wishful thinking. The old heads have already spread their clan bs to younger adults and kids. I bet most of the qabil hard heads won't take word from 500 people from outside of the mainland. Plus Somalis in general are stubborn as hell, I've lost hope in them leaving the topic of qabils to die.

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
No, they won't. People in the 80s and 90s had plans to return full-time but almost all of them lied. The Somalis now will definently not as they are fully westernized. The only ones who go back are:

1) those who were deported over a crime because their parents didn't apply for their citizenship when they qualified for it like 20 years ago (full-time returnee);

2) retired parents who go back for 3-9 months max, especially during the fall and winter (part-time returnees who are max 10% of retired parents). Not including polygamists, there are a few who never return except for emergencies but this is uncommon. The vast majority of retired parents stay in the west full-time;

3) dhaqan celis (I don't think it's as common anymore) (full-time for 0-5 years who are like 5% of kids then, maybe 1% now);

4) people who became disillusioned with the west or got an opportunity there but almost all return within 3 years (like 1% of the Somali community).

I know people who have gone back to live in Puntland, they're very happy, but they do have their own streams of income. You can live back home, but go back with a game-plan.
If your time is up, it's up, whether you are in Somalia or in New York, you can't out-run your death.

The vast majority of western Somalis do not have the skills nor education to help out the country in any meaningful way and will just lead to further gentrification of urban centers

Trending

Latest posts