What Kind of Muslim Are You? (no apostates please)

Which would you best describe yourself as?

• Sunni

• Shiite

• Salafist

• Sufi

Results are only viewable after voting.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
How old are you? Why did you separate salafism and sunni?

:browtf:

Not all Sunnis consider themselves to be Salafis/Atharis. I understand that some of these don't necessarily contradict one another (one can be both Sufi and Sunni, for instance) so I just wanted people to pick which one they primarily identified as. Also, this is a very old poll lol. :damn:

Yoo

Eel eh?
:browtf:

Not all Sunnis consider themselves to be Salafis/Atharis. I understand that some of these don't necessarily contradict one another (one can be both Sufi and Sunni, for instance) so I just wanted people to pick which one they primarily identified as. Also, this is a very old poll lol. :damn:
If these deviants have given you any doubts dm me lil bro

Yoo

Eel eh?
I'm neither for nor against the 99 sects that Muslims believe in, I'm iiffy when it comes to the religion since I rarely practice, you could say my knowledge in Islam is limited to Al-Fatiha and Surat Al NAS :jcoleno:
Damm, is that okay with you bro?

The date you posted this I was a Salafi :mjlol:

Salafism is the correct version of Islam. Practice anything else you will go to hell.

I follow the truth in the Hadith which would have to correlate with the Quran, any contradiction I reject the Quran is the standard for me.
Saudi scholars say that there is not such thing as a 'weak' hadith. Each hadith is true and they use the prophet's words.

pablo

Make Dhulos Great Again
Saudi scholars say that there is not such thing as a 'weak' hadith. Each hadith is true and they use the prophet's words.
Plenty of weak Hadith, easy to spot when you read them because they sound like traditions being passed down. We can’t fall into the trap of of the previous faiths were they took there traditions and there rabbis and scholars over the Torah and injil. The benefit we have is that no one can change the Quran so it has to be the standard.

Plenty of weak Hadith, easy to spot when you read them because they sound like traditions being passed down. We can’t fall into the trap of of the previous faiths were they took there traditions and there rabbis and scholars over the Torah and injil. The benefit we have is that no one can change the Quran so it has to be the standard.
But then u're putting doubt on the whole quran. We can't say for sure what is and isn't a weak hadith as even the highest scholars have different views. Some say there are weak hadiths and others don't. U can't cherry pick, u either believe in the entire book or don't. The prophet never said to believe what u think or like from the quran.
Just my opinion.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
What led u to leave Islam?
:yacadiim:
Logical contradictions to be honest. Like hell being forever when you live a finite life. Or evil existing when God exists. As well as free will and the concept of destiny.

As for my time as a Muslim, it was pretty good. I don't have that stereotypical hate based story about how it's an evil faith. I don't believe in evil faiths. Just faiths that don't make sense.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
The Quran says there's no compulsion in religion
The Hadith says apostates should be sentenced to death.

They both are contradictory.

Which would you follow, since you can't follow both.

The Quran says there's no compulsion in religion
The Hadith says apostates should be sentenced to death.

They both are contradictory.

Which would you follow, since you can't follow both.
At the time of the prophet a Muslim who left the 'ranks' was considered very dangerous as he could reveal info about the Muslims and pose a danger for the Muslim community; they were persecuted. Also, at the it was easy to know who left or joined a community.

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
At the time of the prophet a Muslim who left the 'ranks' was considered very dangerous as he could reveal info about the Muslims and pose a danger for the Muslim community; they were persecuted. Also, at the it was easy to know who left or joined a community.
I never asked you for a history lesson. If religious texts were understood contextually, all religions would make complete sense, as each ruling would be sensible and on a case by case basis.

I asked you whether you'd choose between the ruling of a Hadith or the Quran in this aspect.

I never asked you for a history lesson. If religious texts were understood contextually, all religions would make complete sense, as each ruling would be sensible and on a case by case basis.

I asked you whether you'd choose between the ruling of a Hadith or the Quran in this aspect.
From my answer it's clear that the hadith is to be understood contextually and doesn't overide the quran. Simple.