What is your favorite Somali food?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baaris that has that food coloring and raisins and potatoes with hilib arri or geel and roast vegetables and some salad and that brown sweet pasta thing “adriyad” or some shit like that all on a 15” plate oh and obviously a big banana and some mango lassi with that as well.

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
@Jaalle Halfdan, Way to miss my point.
Muufo is a type of a bread/roodhi, waaryee.
Most reer waqooyi have eaten muufo, they just don't call it muufo, they usually call it roodhi, ceesh etc.
What we call moofo is the clay oven itself. The man who popularized the usage of moofo in Berbera, Burco & Hargeysa was a man from Berbera called Xaaji Aadan Rooble Qabille in the early 1900s.
Are we going to act like the greatest roodhiile ever a.k.a Cilmi Boodhari didn't know of muufo, sheeko!:eating:
The last thing I want is southerners who never set their feet in our dusty towns, to teach us about our history.z3zrULC

@Jaalle Halfdan, Way to miss my point.
Muufo is a type of a bread/roodhi, waaryee.
Most reer waqooyi have eaten muufo, they just don't call it muufo, they usually call it roodhi, ceesh etc.
What we call moofo is the clay oven itself. The man who popularized the usage of moofo in Berbera, Burco & Hargeysa was a man from Berbera called Xaaji Aadan Rooble Qabille in the early 1900s.
Are we going to act like the greatest roodhiile ever a.k.a Cilmi Boodhari didn't know of muufo, sheeko!:eating:
The last thing I want is southerners who never set their feet in our dusty towns, to teach us about our history.z3zrULC
Ceesh and Roodhi are loan words into the Somali language ( from Arabic and Hindi ) and are normally used to refer to various types of bread . Muufo is specific a type of bread and is known to all Somali nomads , North , South , West or East , and was baked using a particular Bedouin style .

one

ᶜᵃʷᵒ ᶜᵃʷˡᵒ
Ceesh and Roodhi are loan words into the Somali language ( from Arabic and Hindi ) and are normally used to refer to various types of bread . Muufo is specific a type of bread and is known to all Somali nomads , North , South , West or East , and was baked using a particular Bedouin style .
Muufo and furin are words for oven in arabic as well.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
Theres many Somali foods I like But I put My own twist on them

Sabaayad with malab and cheese

Sambuuso stuffed with potato,celery,onion,carrots snd minced meat

:lawd:

White

Sippin tea in yo hood. PS IM A DUDE
I speak it at home, now I am able to have conversations in somali. I do however keep forgetting the grammar rules. :/

So my tip would be understanding the grammar otherwise it'll be such a hassle

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
My grammar is perfect but my vocabulary is limited. I learn by reading Somali articles from time to time and translating words that I don't know (mostly military terms) on Google translate.

The best way to learn is by going back and immersing yourself. You should be a pro after a month or two.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
My grammar is perfect but my vocabulary is limited. I learn by reading Somali articles from time to time and translating words that I don't know (mostly military terms) on Google translate.

That’s a good tool tbh I use it when I want to use a word in a sentence but I’m second guessing it’s meaning.

The best way to learn is by going back and immersing yourself. You should be a pro after a month or two.
My plan is to learn as many words as possible,then listen to learn the grammer the whole this gender difference in somali is tuff

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
That’s a good tool tbh I use it when I want to use a word in a sentence but I’m second guessing it’s meaning.
I also use it to spell check words that I am unsure about when writing. But Google translate is very limited and just doesn't have some words.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
I also use it to spell check words that I am unsure about when writing. But Google translate is very limited and just doesn't have some words.
True tbh, the sentence structure is also weird sometimes. I don’t know whether to trust myself or what it’s telling me :damn:

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
True tbh, the sentence structure is also weird sometimes. I don’t know whether to trust myself or what it’s telling me :damn:
The grammar is almost always wrong and if you try to translate entire Somali news articles, the translation brings up stuff so off that you wonder where it even came from.

I translated a Tukaraq article the other day and it mentioned AMISOM. I skimmed the actual article and there was no mention of AMISOM.
:faysalwtf:
The more you try to translate at once, the more inaccurate Google translate gets until it eventually starts making things up.

That's why I usually translate one word at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending