What is your favorite Somali food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basic

Passive Aggressive is the new Aggressive
VIP
The grammar is almost always wrong and if you try to translate entire Somali news articles, the translation brings up stuff so off that you wonder where it even came from.

I translated a Tukaraq article the other day and it mentioned AMISOM. I skimmed the actual article and there was no mention of AMISOM.
:faysalwtf:
The more you try to translate at once, the more inaccurate Google translate gets until it eventually starts making things up.

That's why I usually translate one word at a time.

Yeah wallahi, sometimes it’s just better to ask an elder or someone who knows the language better.

Or if that’s not possible to just get an idea of what the article is saying by putting together the bits you can understand.

Jake from State Farm

We pro xalimo all 2019
My grammar is perfect but my vocabulary is limited. I learn by reading Somali articles from time to time and translating words that I don't know (mostly military terms) on Google translate.

The best way to learn is by going back and immersing yourself. You should be a pro after a month or two.
(Mostly military terms)

Nigga when are you going to use these military terms.

Who are you trying to wage war against

I don't understand why Somalis in the west have trouble speaking their own language, I speak both Somali and Arabic fluently because my parents never speak anything else with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.