What is Known About YDNA Haplogroup T (T-CTS2214)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am Ethiopian, but my YDNA is within T1a1a1a, which is common among northern Somalis,not much among Ethiopians. What is known about this haplogroup?

Dalmoor

Hiatus✅ 1/18/21- ?
VIP
I am Ethiopian, but my YDNA is within T1a1a1a, which is common among northern Somalis,not much among Ethiopians. What is known about this haplogroup?
You're right about northern Somalis having that.

Are you an afar by any chance?

You may reunite with Sh. Isaaq descendants as its origin is Syria, also found in berber/NA native:gaasdrink:

Apollo

VIP

This is not the version common in Somalis. They have a different type.

T Somalis carry subtype T-Y16897 for the most part.

Close but no cigar.

Apollo

VIP
Wait so just because I am in T1a1a1a and most North Somalis are in T1a1a1, that is a big difference?

Thousands of years.
Brother I am haplogroup T carrier an Amhara are closer to me than other Somalis.

Autosomal genes control who is closer to you or not. The vast vast majority of Amharas are not T and the tiny minority who are, are not close to you overall (holistically).

So how can I learn more about T-CTS2214 or more broader, T1a1a1a? Are the small fraction of Amharas that are T carriers the same subclade as me?

Apollo

VIP
So how can I learn more about T-CTS2214 or more broader, T1a1a1a? Are the small fraction of Amharas that are T carriers the same subclade as me?

https://www.yfull.com/tree/T-L208/

You are most likely T-Y15711, a subtype of T-CTS2214.

It is found in Sudan and Eritrea. Most likely Ethiopia with more samples.

T-Y16897 is the Somaloid version. You guys meet up 12,100 years in the past. Probably either in Egypt or the Levant rather than the Horn.

https://www.yfull.com/tree/T-L208/

You are most likely T-Y15711, a subtype of T-CTS2214.

It is found in Sudan and Eritrea. Most likely Ethiopia with more samples.

T-Y16897 is the Somaloid version. You guys meet up 12,100 years in the past. Probably either in Egypt or the Levant rather than the Horn.
WOW, all this time I thought that my Y-DNA must be shared with the Dir clan. I actually am really shocked, so is this Y-DNA more of a nothern Ethiopia/Eritrean thing?

I've been at a roadblock for the longest, trying to find information on this Y-DNA in Ethiopia and you actually found it! Thank you so much, I have been looking for awhile now.

Apollo

VIP
WOW, all this time I thought that my Y-DNA must be shared with the Dir clan. I actually am really shocked, so is this Y-DNA more of a nothern Ethiopia/Eritrean thing?

I've been at a roadblock for the longest, trying to find information on this Y-DNA in Ethiopia and you actually found it! Thank you so much, I have been looking for awhile now.

You can test for new sub-clades on:

http://yseq.net/

$18 to get T-Y15711 confirmed or not.

https://www.yseq.net/product_info.php?products_id=63452&osCsid=6bbdefe4e16744b0214b8857b98a6431

23andMe is the best when it comes to price & quality.

By the way, almost all Somalis get the same results.. I wouldn't bother. Unless you suspect there's something off about your family.
My grandmother was yemeni, so i'm a bit courious. I know you are a purist, but explain the 200 year thing man:cryinglaughsmiley:

Apollo

VIP
My grandmother was yemeni, so i'm a bit courious. I know you are a purist, but explain the 200 year thing man:cryinglaughsmiley:

Are you sure she is not ''Arab Salah'' instead of actually Yemeni? Arab Salahs are full Cushites by their whole genome but got an Arab paternal lineage. They wouldn't change you that much from other Somalis, unless you mean an actual Yemeni then you would be 20-25% different from other Somalis.

Are you sure she is not ''Arab Salah'' instead of actually Yemeni? Arab Salahs are full Cushites by their whole genome but got an Arab paternal lineage. They wouldn't change you that much from other Somalis, unless you mean an actual Yemeni then you would be 20-25% different from other Somalis.
I'm not 100% certain, but i have seen one pic of her, and she looked like an arab lady. My family says she was yemeni too. I believe i'm 20-25%, you can clealy see it on my face and my brothers, my aunt, uncles and counsins also look very different. But i want to see if the dna supports this, because looks can be deceiving

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts