Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubble

VIP
That's Nice to hear

I made it Jollof style with a baked plantain instead of moos.

20160418_201017.jpg

Hubble

VIP
Looks tasty! How does plaintain taste is it similar to moos?

I seasoned the tomato sauce with fresh herbs and xawaash, it tastes better than it looks.

Plantain tastes like moos la qamiiriyey, a bit sour like canjeero/laxoox but still sweet. You get the ones with dark spots on it and you just wash it, wrap it whole in foil and bake it. You'll know it's ready when it's soft (pick it up with oven gloves and squeeze lightly) or when caramel starts dripping out. You can also fry it but it's very greasy that way.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I seasoned the tomato sauce with fresh herbs and xawaash, it tastes better than it looks.

Plantain tastes like moos la qamiiriyey, a bit sour like canjeero/laxoox but still sweet. You get the ones with dark spots on it and you just wash it, wrap it whole in foil and bake it. You'll know it's ready when it's soft (pick it up with oven gloves and squeeze lightly) or when caramel starts dripping out. You can also fry it but it's very greasy that way.

I might try it sounds interesting I've only made fried bananas as dessert a few times but plantain is maybe different I gotta give it a try first lol

Hubble

VIP
I might try it sounds interesting I've only made fried bananas as dessert a few times but plantain is maybe different I gotta give it a try first lol

If you fry it it will come out differently and they're different textures depending on how ripe they are. Its just a starchy banana.Don't get the green one, get it yellow and ripen at home until dark spots appear.

Mercury

VIP
If you fry it it will come out differently and they're different textures depending on how ripe they are. Its just a starchy banana.Don't get the green one, get it yellow and ripen at home until dark spots appear.
Got it! Just wondering Is it possible to eat it like a banana lol

Hubble

VIP
Periperi thighs with vegetable rice. Bought the sauce from Lidle for less than a pound but it's just as good as the nandos one.

Hubble

VIP
Mercury please share the recipe for your gorgeous bread rolls. I tried a recipe on line for baguettes and it was hard and didn't rise at all.

Mercury

VIP
Mercury please share the recipe for your gorgeous bread rolls. I tried a recipe on line for baguettes and it was hard and didn't rise at all.
Well I dont have any measurements on it cause thats how my mother taught me it was more qiyaas and a feel for it
But ill write it down here when I make some today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending