What does Islam say about women?? My debate as a Muslim women

In these peoples mind were still living in 16bc and google and technology is haram
To be honest, some of the things in the Quran and Bible are archaic and anachronistic. Everything shouldn't be locked down to the era of the Prophets. We are living in a different era and therefore need to adjust and react accordingly to wickedness of the world and do away with the wickedness of the past.

Those people back in the day couldn't foresee the world we are living in today.

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
Why do all you Xsomalian weirdos have to act like women on the internet and try to fit in before you spill your shit. There's a reason why you're the most hated group on the Somali side of the internet.

My guys trying to argue religion with teens, go to a scholar.

Clearly I was against feminism, but NOT anymore :vo3yidw:
Even though a vast number of us learned the Quran we never really understood the language in itself because arabic isn't our language.
With all the respect to our religion and prophet
What Islam says about women according to Quran and the Sunna is as follows:

Men are in control of women (quran4:34)
Men have the right to beat their wives (Quran 4:34)
.Men are told your wives are a place of sowing of seed for you, so come to your cultivation however you wish and put forth righteousness for yourselves (Quran2:223). So basically women are your fields approach them however you wish?

.Men can have sex slaves (Quran 4:24)
.Men are allowed to have sex with the wives of non muslim men that they captured from war (Quran 4:24) also (abu dawud 2155)

.The witness of a woman equals to half of that of a man because women's minds are deficient (Sahih Bukhari 3:48:826) Even though this was proven wrong by science and men and women have equal intelligence but okay.

.If the prophet could command anyone to prostrate for anyone other than allah he would command women to prostrate for their husband (sunan ibn majah)
(prostrate means sujuud by the way)

.Marrying having sex with and divorcing children is allowed in Islam
View attachment 187526
In this surah Allah talks about how men should divorce children as young as ones that didn't reach puberty age yet because it was asked since women are divorced when 3 monthly cycles go by in islam what about women that don't get period and Allah put them in 3 category
1) Women who don't get period because of pregnancy's 2) women who don't get period because of young age and immaturity even though thats a child not a woman
and 3) women who dont get period because of older age. Knowing the average girl hit pubity at 11 and still does so how young will a man go a 3 year old a 4 year old? just a question.

. A man has a right to please himself and get as many women as he likes>>> "marry those that please you of women 2 or 3 or 4 but if you fear to be just ( meaning financially not capable) then one or those your right hand possesses "(meaning the sex slaves) ( Quran 4:3)

And people sugarcoat this instead of taking it how it is by saying well a man cannot get other wives if his wife does not agree
False no source is available
Well a woman can divorce if her husband takes more wives

False a woman can't simply initiate divorce in islam she can only ask for it if the man has clear flaws such as he's religiously weak or sexually impotent not polygamy which is something he has a right for.
last time I checked which was an opinion of a woman in islam didn't matter in society or pretty much her life.

.Women can't be rulers or make decision's in society I'm guessing because of their deficient minds again.... >>> The prophet said a nation with a woman ruler will never succeed (sahih al-bukhari narrated by abi bakr) *Queen Victoria and Elizabeth hold my crown*

. From this hadith a man can simply divorce his wife without any valid reason >>> The prophet ordered a man to divorce his wife that he loved simply because the mans father didn't like her ("A woman was my wife and I loved her, but umar hated her (umar is his dad btw) he said to me divorce your wife, but I refused he then went to the prophet and the prophet said divorce her") (Abu dawud 42:5119) :(

I simply wrote down what I read in the Quran and in Sunna about women, and backed it all with proof you can check for yourself I just wanna see the Somalis on here's view

Your not gonna mention the many rights that women have in Islam, ones that even your feminism can’t give you

.Men are in control of women (quran4:34)

This is a clear misrepresentation

Men are the caretakers of women, as men have been provisioned by Allah over women and tasked with supporting them financially. And righteous women are devoutly obedient and, when alone, protective of what Allah has entrusted them with.1 And if you sense ill-conduct from your women, advise them ˹first˺, ˹if they persist,˺ do not share their beds, ˹but if they still persist,˺ then discipline them ˹gently˺.2 But if they change their ways, do not be unjust to them. Surely Allah is Most High, All-Great.

— Dr. Mustafa Khattab, the Clear Quran

Men are in charge of women1 by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard.2 But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance3 - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them [lightly].4 But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand.

— Saheeh International

It Says Men are the caretakers/in charge of women it doesn't say men have full control over.

Quran.com/4/34

Men have the right to beat their wives (Quran 4:34)

The verse is talking about only women who are arrogant and are ill conduct and the ulama say the strike/discipline is done lightly with a siwaak no injury allowed:

4.4 Rules on the Nature and Extent of ‘Beating’
While we have known that ‘beating’ is not the first option and it is merely permitted and not recommended let us now dwell on the nature and extent of ‘beating’ mentioned in the verse.

In the well-known sermon during the Farewell Pilgrimage, the Messenger of Allah explaining the ruling in its rightful context said:

فاتقوا الله في النساء، فإنكم أخذتموهن بأمان الله، واستحللتم فروجهن بكلمة الله ، ولكم عليهن أن لا يوطئن فرشكم أحدا تكرهونه، فإن فعلن ذلك فاضربوهن ضربا غير مبرح، ولهن عليكم رزقهن وكسوتهن بالمعروف
Fear Allah with regard to women, for you have taken them as a trust from Allah, and intimacy with them has become permissible to you by the Word of Allah. Your rights over them are that they should not allow anyone whom you dislike to tread on your bedding. If they do that, then hit them, but in a manner that does not cause injury or leave a mark. Their rights over you are that you should provide for them and clothe them in a reasonable manner.[13]
Also, in expounding upon the Qur’anic verses and Prophetic instructions, the following is reported from Ibn Abbas (r), the prime commentator of the Qur’an from amongst the companions of the Prophet:

عن عطاء قال، قلت لابن عباس: ما الضرب غير المبرح؟ قال: بالسواك ونحوه.
‘Ata narrated, I asked Ibn ‘Abbas: What is the beating that leaves no marks? He said, ‘With a tooth stick and the like.”[14]
These narrations demonstrate that the beating in question is not beating proper, but a symbolic reproach to highlight the significance of the transgression to the wife.

Men are told your wives are a place of sowing of seed for you, so come to your cultivation however you wish and put forth righteousness for yourselves (Quran2:223). So basically women are your fields approach them however you wish?

What's wrong with this verse? It telling men its okay to have sex with your wife in anyway you like:

The hadith about the verse says it was due to people believing that having sex from the back of the vagina lead to disabilities of your children so allah revealed this verse dismissing that theory:

Jabir (Allah be pleased with him) declared that the Jews used to say:
When a man has intercourse with his wife through the vagina but being on her back. the child will have squint, so the verse came down:" Your wives are your tilth; go then unto your tilth as you may desire" (ii. 223) https://sunnah.com/muslim:1435a

.The witness of a woman equals to half of that of a man because women's minds are deficient (Sahih Bukhari 3:48:826) Even though this was proven wrong by science and men and women have equal intelligence but okay.

The hadith says

Once Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) of `Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "Why is it so, O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence. Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion." https://sunnah.com/bukhari:304

The hadith does not say men are clever then women your adding into the hadith its simply talking about a womens testimony is half due to the deficiency in her intelligence it isnt saying women are dumber then men or have a lower iq then men your interpretation is dishonest.

False a woman can't simply initiate divorce in islam she can only ask for it if the man has clear flaws such as he's religiously weak or sexually impotent not polygamy which is something he has a right for.
last time I checked which was an opinion of a woman in islam didn't matter in society or pretty much her life.

Women can leave her husband if she is unhappy in her marriage and the prophet allowed her to leave even though her husband had no faults

The wife of Thabit bin Qais came to Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) and said, "O Allah's Messenger (ﷺ)! I do not blame Thabit for any defects in his character or his religion, but I cannot endure to live with him." On that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said, "Will you return his garden to him?" She said, "Yes." https://sunnah.com/bukhari:5275

.Women can't be rulers or make decision's in society I'm guessing because of their deficient minds again.... >>> The prophet said a nation with a woman ruler will never succeed (sahih al-bukhari narrated by abi bakr) *Queen Victoria and Elizabeth hold my crown*

The hadith doesn't forbid women from ruling it just say it won't succeed but the ahdith doesn't explain here what suceed means in this sense..

Hue_Man

(Alkebulan mother of mankind)
I don’t understand why peeps get triggered by Islam, Islam is great for a great sex life for both sexes !

Op prolly is bitter she’s struggling to find a husband so she wanna do scissor with Karen at her job

A sign of a gaal troll is when they're not responding to genuinely good arguments but instead respond to people who insult them, then play the victim.

@shortynextdoor why do you keep saying your quotes are true and is 100% from the Quran and Hadith? Most of what you wrote is outlandish interpretations and fabricated reports. If you're genuine and want to know real answers to your questions then go to a scholar or respond to people like @Jackflower30 who are willing to have a civilised discussion with you. Moreover, I found it weird when multiple people told you that you literally posted a fabricated report, you chose to ignore and continued to be ignorant. Why? Are you trolling or genuinely being extremely stubborn?

@shortynextdoor why do you keep saying your quotes are true and is 100% from the Quran and Hadith? Most of what you wrote is outlandish interpretations and fabricated reports. If you're genuine and want to know real answers to your questions then go to a scholar or respond to people like @Jackflower30 who are willing to have a civilised discussion with you. Moreover, I found it weird when multiple people told you that you literally posted a fabricated report, you chose to ignore and continued to be ignorant. Why? Are you trolling or genuinely being extremely stubborn?

What report did I use was weak everything I used is authentic.

Sorry misread

I've stopped debating with these brainwashed Somali gaalos...they're not worth energy and time wallahi cause all they do is regurgitate the debunked lies spread by right-wing Islamaphobic sites/ outlets. I rather engage in dialogue with a born Christian that is ignorant of Islam and is sincere inregards to misinformed questions they have about the deen...I noticed also they don't straight away come out attacking and slandering our nabi s.a.w. while these ex somali gaalos and the like are bad faith actors and never interested in genuine debate..their hearts are sealed and full of hatred for anything Islam. and our nabi s.a.w

Trending