• Irreligious

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Muslim

Votes: 38 63.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know that feeling when you're hungry and can't find a halal spot? Forcing you to become an unwilling pescetarian or smh...a vegetarian.
:mjcry:

Never again. :letmeeat:

VixR

Veritas
You're an Atheist too?

In this poll irreligious means Atheist. Religious means believer.

Yes.

Even more reason to be shocked at the percentages. Still shocked, seriously. I know a few, but It's very hard to find fellow Somali atheists IRL, and on here there are 20 o_O

It's eid all over again :ftw9nwa:

VixR

Veritas
I think they only exist online.

Nah, wishful thinking. We're actually out here. It's just dangerous for some people due to how batshit some folks are. The deen has been so ridiculously intertwined with the Somali identity, that telling someone you're no longer a believer is like telling them you're disowning your cultural background.

Bielsa

Free Wi-Fi > Free Palestine
VIP
Yes.

Even more reason to be shocked at the percentages. Still shocked, seriously. I know a few, but It's very hard to find fellow Somali atheists IRL, and on here there are 20 o_O

It's eid all over again :ftw9nwa:

Lol.

Meet your fellow Atheists

Myself
@Bahal
@AbdiJohnson
@JohnDoe
@supz
@simulacrum
@CrossEdge
@You (that's an actual username)
@rational
@Freebandz (he's an Atheist in denial)
@ItzDoctorZ
@Khathead

And we got a few on the fence like @Mohamud and @Barni . I'm sure I've forgotten some.

Nah, wishful thinking. We're actually out here. It's just dangerous for some people due to how batshit some folks are. The deen has been so ridiculously intertwined with the Somali identity, that telling someone you're no longer a believer is like telling them you're disowning your cultural background.

You all live in the West, maxaad ka cabsaneeysin? Bielsa is probably the only openly atheist character here. Kuwiina kale fuuleeyaal xaarweyne baa tihiin. The only thing you do is ceey iyo bahdil the values/ beliefs your parents and other family members hold dear.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
What's the point? Saying some kufr things that'd take them out of Islam just for banter?
Beats me, nowadays everything on the internet is done for banter, views or to fit into a group of sorts, trends and shit ~

Beats me, nowadays everything on the internet is done for banter, views or to fit into a group of sorts, trends and shit ~

@waraabe iyo @Freebands do it for the lols. Stuff like that takes you outside the fold of Islam and it's even mentioned in the Quran.

Most of them repeat what the gaalo say word for word. One of them even delights at the prospect of Muslims being put in concentration camps. Bal ayaga in la cafinaayo mee umaleyn?

VixR

Veritas
You all live in the West, maxaad ka cabsaneeysin? Bielsa is probably the only openly atheist character here. Kuwiina kale fuuleeyaal xaarweyne baa tihiin. The only thing you do is ceey iyo bahdil the values/ beliefs your parents and other family members hold dear.

Lol @ fuuleeyal xaarweyn. In my own case, my folks and older sibs know, and they're about all that matter. I've been atheist since I was 15, but I came "out of the closet" a couple of years ago. I didn't fast this or last Ramadan or meet up at the Eid prayer with them/my family, or put up all kinds of pretense like I had before. But, like I said, plenty of people have good reason to be fuulay. Sometimes, being a fuulay is the smart thing to do.

I've had discussions, of course, but I don't argue with my parents about their beliefs. I'll happily bahdil/karbaassssh anyone else, tho lol

Last edited:

waraabe

Your superior
@waraabe iyo @Freebands do it for the lols. Stuff like that takes you outside the fold of Islam and it's even mentioned in the Quran.

Most of them repeat what the gaalo say word for word. One of them even delights at the prospect of Muslims being put in concentration camps. Bal ayaga in la cafinaayo mee umaleyn?

hang on there friend, I have said no such thing

Status
Not open for further replies.