We won't get anywhere as Somalis if we continue being religious zealots.

Be honest

• Agree

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Disagree

Votes: 35 50.7%

• Total voters
"That girl is a gaal because she doesn't wear a hijab". "That boy is Khanis because he has earrings". ""Working in a Bank is Haram because it does interest". "Being an accountant for that company is Haram because it deals with interest". "You can't shake hands in an interview with him or her it's haram". "You can't peruse a masters or a doctorate degree because it's interest= Haram"." You can't buy a house via bank loan because it's interest = Haram". "You can't get into politics because you'll have to support LGBTQ = Haram"

It's obvious as Somalis that we won't move anywhere as long as we view things as close minded as this. Our successful folk break all these rules and lie to us calling it an Islamic bank or calling themselves Muslim entrepreneurs not that they've left the religion, they make it seem that they haven't compromised any of these rules. Their children clearly have. Word of advice to y'all even masjid take bake loans with interest live your life and don't let a liar guilt trap you into constant poverty and screaming #freepalestine in your bio when they got more wealth than you. Hell the guy who own all these Somali business in Minneapolis is Palestinian waa tuugo and then they go to the mosque acting all holy.

I get The ceeb culture but u want us to let go of our Deen? The goal is akhira this dunya is momentary
I never said that. Arab, Desis, Turks, and West Africans are all Muslim but they don't focus on dichotomies and black and white lines to define what's right and what's wrong. Follow the deen but don't use it as an excuse not to have a house in a good neighborhood or a good job/ Business. It's war out here in the 21st century and the cadaans shouldn't be able to guess our playbook.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I am definitely gonna get a mortgage I dont wanna live in ghetto metro housing I grew up in. I wish I had smart parents that did this my quality of life wouldve been way better. My kids are not gonna suffer the same fate inshallah

This Sheikh is very wise and gets this,Salafis are condemning their children to gangbanging

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I am definitely gonna get a mortgage I dont wanna live in ghetto metro housing I grew up in. I wish I had smart parents that did this my quality of life wouldve been way better. My kids are not gonna suffer the same fate inshallah

This Sheikh is very wise and gets this,Salafis are condemning their children to gangbanging

Mortgage is haram. Simple as, you can live in a good area without mortgage. Protecting yourself from Riba does not make you a Salafi mate, but if that is the title for Salafi, then sign me up.

Yeah, i agree. I respect other people's choices, but I'm definitely getting a mortgage.

Renting is a money down the toilet, and I ain't waiting 30+ years to save whilst inflation erodes my savings.

I don't want a mortgage, but i don't see any other realistic way of buying a house in the west.

People on somalia and even those living in the west dont think like this, somalis are extremely conservative by modern standards, only a tiny portion are liberal or tolerant, the rest would love to beat you to death for wearing yoga pants if they could.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Yeah, i agree. I respect other people's choices, but I'm definitely getting a mortgage.

Renting is a money down the toilet, and I ain't waiting 30+ years to save whilst inflation erodes my savings.

I don't want a mortgage, but i don't see any other realistic way of buying a house in the west.
Yup, little do the perpetual renters know they are paying their landlords mortgage for them.

Gaalnimo willl be our demise

the last shrewd of honor we maintained is because we’re Muslims

imagine Somalia with alcoholic mothers and fathers that don’t fear Allah with no structure

Islam protects us and protects us from shamelessness

Taking a interest loan is shameful you’re getting fleeced and litterly raped you’re working and slayour life away for someone

A debtor will always be humiliated

Buy a house where you can afford one there’s plenty affordable houses in America , you don’t have to live in Minneapolis which has one if the most expensive real estate in America

You guys think it’s enlightenment to buy a interest home and Allah doesn’t understand l

This society is has the lifespan and the memory of a fruit fly
People saw the culmination of these usury institutions when push comes to shove people live in debt slavery

they understood these institutions more than you

Buying a house on interest it’s like skipping a step and you’ll suffer and work for a harder

if you save right now and slowly for your house your children will not be in debt to have something

imagine Somalia with alcoholic mothers and fathers that don’t fear Allah with no structure

I mean alot of somalis already have mothers and fathers that just sit around chewing qaat and smoking shisha while collecting government cheques. Them being muslim does not make any of that less shameful. You can be muslim while being a productive member of society, collecting loans from the government for mortgage or a business and scamming them with disabilities you dont have is not far off, Yet the former is seen as a major sin.

I respectfully disagree. I don't think religious zealotry is the biggest issue. I think it somewhat holds us back but isn't the biggest issue.

I think Somalis are simply not willing to adapt and come together in a networking sense.

The community would benefit a lot by focusing on education and careers and forming networks to build each other up.

Controlling the subculture and values within the diaspora is the solution.

Truth be told I don’t think Somalis are very religious, I mean look at somalia. They literally have dances, singing and most of the dudes there are high on khat. People still believe in god and make salah and all that but their definitely not as religious as Pakistanis or afghan imo

and religion is not what’s holding somalia back it’s laziness, Somalis are not smart nor hardworking.

You’re such a lunatic. I’ve never called for gaalnimo but it’s factual that religion is being used to destroy Somalia. Millions spent on Dugsi’s that don’t produce nothing but Salafists who either join Al Shabab or open new dugsi’s just to waste the peoples resources. Scamming people into praying for rain while invested in the charcoal business. They open areas for Ruqyah while that same money can be used for hospitals. I still remember the guy who said the Quran is the cure for the coronavirus and conceived the people to protest against lockdowns.

Trending

Latest posts