We won't get anywhere as Somalis if we continue being religious zealots.

Be honest

• Agree

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Disagree

Votes: 35 50.7%

• Total voters
Islamic banks do not loan. They buy and sell at a profit. If you buy something and mark up the price, is it a loan?

Example: An islamic bank will buy a house for 100k, and resell it to you for 120k but in installments. So, they'll get 20k profit. They've not loaned anything. They've merely marked it up for profit and that is how most businesses work.

I feel like you haven't read my post.

I also asked for a fatwa which says its haram, not your opinion. I tried to find one online couldn't see it.
Spoke too soon lol

The main goal of any bank just like any other business is to make a profit, conventional banks do this by charging interest on debt. Islamic banks operate similarly to conventional banks, they simply turn "interest" into "profit". Islam considers any profit that is made through the lending of money as "riba" (intrest). Islamic banks try to bypass this restriction by masking interest bearing debts as a trade of an asset. Islamic banks aren't truly "Islamic" since they still operate on interest.:icon lol:

Please explain how buying a car and then selling it for a profit is haram. Is that not how most businesses work? They don't loan money. They will instead buy the house and then sell it back to you with a marked up price. If you imply that is haram, you're basically against the concept of any form of businesses.

Somalia is just missing a fair judiciary system , Qabil is good beautiful and important
Knuckleheads like you think a qabil system and fundamentalism are ideal and that it's possible to have a functioning judiciary like this. This is exactly why we have clan militas "Somali Police" clashing left and right collecting isbaaro money; and at the same time we have Al Shabab declaring that the already "Sharia compatible" constitution isn't right based upon their interpretation which is why we're stuck in qarax and clashes.

If Al Shabab take the country over and rule sharia based upon their interpretation, Isis will bomb them calling them heathens for not implementing their interpretation. This cycle of suicide bombs, extremism, and extortion of resources leading to the poverty of the Muslim nations will continue as long as we aren't secular states weather you like it or not. Poverty may continue and corruption but if peace is established the people will eat.

Arma

GRAND Wizard of MJ SIXIIR
VIP
Buying a house on interest it’s like skipping a step and you’ll suffer and work for a harder

if you save right now and slowly for your house your children will not be in debt to have something

The ironic thing is, some people that are mortgaging a home, are actually paying for someone else's mortgage.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Qabil is good, it’s what maintained Somalia

Unlike what people like to paint some of the others it’s not absolute chaos there’s a semblance of order justice and structure , it’s not complete but even that small amount is due to Qabil

I agree. Personally i don't mind qabil. Its good. Its positive side is qabils doing donation for their people in times of need. But in todays world- it is useless. In Somalia- is still needed for positive uses

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
I would not blame our beautiful deen but ignorance in our culture, we simply pick and chose.

I was at walmart a while back in a long line, a somali family decide to cut the line on purpose. The woman was wearing a big jilbaab and the adeer looked pretty religious. Everyone was politely letting them know the line didn't end there but they acted deaf and just ignored us while forcing their way to the front. It was embarrassing and a bad image for us as Somalis and Muslims. This is just an example of the problem being ignorance. We can do better and with education, we will :)

I would not blame our beautiful deen but ignorance in our culture, we simply pick and chose.

I was at walmart a while back in a long line, a somali family decide to cut the line on purpose. The woman was wearing a big jilbaab and the adeer looked pretty religious. Everyone was politely letting them know the line didn't end there but they acted deaf and just ignored us while forcing their way to the front. It was embarrassing and a bad image for us as Somalis and Muslims. This is just an example of the problem being ignorance. We can do better and with education, we will :)
I'm not blaming our deen I'm blaming how we implement it in a way that puts us at the bottom.

Hybrid()

Death Awaits You
Somalis only use Islam for dumb things like wearing the hijab and riba but are tolerant when it comes to drug addiction and scams. I wish we had ethnic diversity in somalia.

Somalis only use Islam for dumb things like wearing the hijab and riba but are tolerant when it comes to drug addiction and scams. I wish we had ethnic diversity in somalia.

Ethnic diversity engenders competition, tensions and conflicts in the political, economic, security and social spheres of a Nation.

We have that at the maximum now

Yes, but that's within the same ethnicity.

Plus, what qabil is actually at war with another right now?

The closest thing to conflict is that the Isaaq ostensibly want to secede; and the Hawiye are being blamed for the scourge of Al Shabab.

Yes, but that's within the same ethnicity.

Plus, what qabil is actually at war with another right now?

The closest thing to conflict is that the Isaaq ostensibly want to secede; and the Hawiye are being blamed for the scourge of Al Shabab.
There all at conflict with each other to the extent that I can't vist areas in Somalia do to shit that happened in 1991. Remember that Marexaan kid that got his eyes plucked out in Galinsoor, Some shit like that would happen to me if I visited Beledweyne because my idiot adeers and awoowes decided to kill a bunch of Galjecel and Xawadle their. Do they deserve the punishment? Yes! Are most of them seniors or dead now? Yes. So who will pay for this shit....

There all at conflict with each other to the extent that I can't vist areas in Somalia do to shit that happened in 1991. Remember that Marexaan kid that got his eyes plucked out in Galinsoor, Some shit like that would happen to me if I visited Beledweyne because my idiot adeers and awoowes decided to kill a bunch of Galjecel and Xawadle their. Do they deserve the punishment? Yes! Are most of them seniors or dead now? Yes. So who will pay for this shit....
Btw this is the case for a whole lot of us. We tend to lie about our tribe for survival if there is a checkpoint a clan militia stops us at...

Fair enough if that's your definition of war.

I'm of the opinion that what you've detailed for us is the never ending cycle of blood feud incidents in areas lacking proper governance; this is certainly of concern and needs to be addressed, however, it's not a virtual synonym with actual war. Every bloody 'Nation' in our God-forsaken continent grapples with this issue...

..Somalia can more easily overcome this issue because the Nation is almost entirely homogeneous

I am definitely gonna get a mortgage I dont wanna live in ghetto metro housing I grew up in. I wish I had smart parents that did this my quality of life wouldve been way better. My kids are not gonna suffer the same fate inshallah

This Sheikh is very wise and gets this,Salafis are condemning their children to gangbanging

2021_11_22_15.20.05.jpg

Trending

Latest posts