We won't get anywhere as Somalis if we continue being religious zealots.

Be honest

• Agree

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Disagree

Votes: 35 50.7%

• Total voters
Mortgage is haram. Simple as, you can live in a good area without mortgage. Protecting yourself from Riba does not make you a Salafi mate, but if that is the title for Salafi, then sign me up.
Renting is literally giving money to someone who will do interest with your money. Your bank does riba with your money. The corporation you work at does interest idiot. Let’s not make Fatwa based upon a 7th century hadeeth used out of context in a way that it’s impossible to get out of poverty…

I never said that. Arab, Desis, Turks, and West Africans are all Muslim but they don't focus on dichotomies and black and white lines to define what's right and what's wrong. Follow the deen but don't use it as an excuse not to have a house in a good neighborhood or a good job/ Business. It's war out here in the 21st century and the cadaans shouldn't be able to guess our playbook.
I see it from ur point of view now and agree 100% as long as we don't abandon the deen

You’re such a lunatic. I’ve never called for gaalnimo but it’s factual that religion is being used to destroy Somalia. Millions spent on Dugsi’s that don’t produce nothing but Salafists who either join Al Shabab or open new dugsi’s just to waste the peoples resources. Scamming people into praying for rain while invested in the charcoal business. They open areas for Ruqyah while that same money can be used for hospitals. I still remember the guy who said the Quran is the cure for the coronavirus and conceived the people to protest against lockdowns.
You’re claiming you’re for Islam but also for usury……..

but you’re claiming I am the lunatic LOL

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
"That girl is a gaal because she doesn't wear a hijab". "That boy is Khanis because he has earrings". ""Working in a Bank is Haram because it does interest". "Being an accountant for that company is Haram because it deals with interest". "You can't shake hands in an interview with him or her it's haram". "You can't peruse a masters or a doctorate degree because it's interest= Haram"." You can't buy a house via bank loan because it's interest = Haram". "You can't get into politics because you'll have to support LGBTQ = Haram"

It's obvious as Somalis that we won't move anywhere as long as we view things as close minded as this. Our successful folk break all these rules and lie to us calling it an Islamic bank or calling themselves Muslim entrepreneurs not that they've left the religion, they make it seem that they haven't compromised any of these rules. Their children clearly have. Word of advice to y'all even masjid take bake loans with interest live your life and don't let a liar guilt trap you into constant poverty and screaming #freepalestine in your bio when they got more wealth than you. Hell the guy who own all these Somali business in Minneapolis is Palestinian waa tuugo and then they go to the mosque acting all holy.

Do not vilify Our Religion. Vilify Qabilism. Religion is what makes Somalis restrained and human. Bring God into the equation and they tremble.

And the fear of Dogs Strems from Religion loooool

Do not vilify Our Religion. Vilify Qabilism. Religion is what makes Somalis restrained and human. Bring God into the equation and they tremble.

And the fear of Dogs Strems from Religion loooool
I’m actually anti qabiilism and have been calling it out for the longest but nobody agrees with me here. They think they’re warlord was a mujahid and that dictator was a murtad you see were all these dichotomies are being concocted from. I don’t disagree with religion; I just hate how we Somalis use it zealously to justify our status quo which isn’t good.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I’m actually anti qabiilism and have been calling it out for the longest but nobody agrees with me here. They think they’re warlord was a mujahid and that dictator was a murtad you see were all these dichotomies are being concocted from. I don’t disagree with religion; I just hate how we Somalis use it zealously to justify our status quo which isn’t good.

1637386725035.png

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Somalia’s biggest problem is ignorance.

The people in the diaspora and back home are ignorant. Even on SSpot, 90% of users here are ignorant.

All the major isms exist in Somalia: Sexism, Qabiilism, Ageism, Racism etc.

When Somalis get rid of ignorance, they will improve.

Mortgage is haram. Simple as, you can live in a good area without mortgage. Protecting yourself from Riba does not make you a Salafi mate, but if that is the title for Salafi, then sign me up.

I agree, but there are Islamic banks that use methods accepted by some madhabs and scholars.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I agree, but there are Islamic banks that use methods accepted by some madhabs and scholars.

Islamic Banks are also haram if you guys want to play this game.

If you want to take the strictest interpretation then both Islamic or non-Islamic banking loans are haram.

Islamic Banks are also haram if you guys want to play this game.

If you want to take the strictest interpretation then both Islamic or non-Islamic banking loans are haram.

Not really, it works by profit sharing. The principal means of Islamic finance are based on trading, hence, banks can profit from the buying and selling of Shari'ah Compliant goods and services. Islamic financial institutions trade in Shari'ah-compliant investments with the money deposited by customers, sharing the risks and the profits between them. Therefore, technically it isn't riba, so you can't compare it to normal banks. People use that reasoning to justify borrowing from haram banks.

Also, fiqh isn't a 'game'. Different madhabs have different interpretations and its always been that way.

Last edited:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Not really, it works by profit sharing. The principal means of Islamic finance are based on trading, hence, banks can profit from the buying and selling of Shari'ah Compliant goods and services. Islamic financial institutions trade in Shari'ah-compliant investments with the money deposited by customers, sharing the risks and the profits between them. Therefore, technically it isn't riba, so you can't compare it to normal banks. People use that reasoning to justify borrowing from haram banks.

Also, fiqh isn't a 'game'. Different madhabs have different interpretations and its always been that way.

Many sheikhs call Islamic Banking haram.

Many sheikhs say that mortgages are permissible as it’s necessary riba similar to student loans.

Many sheikhs say that mortgages are permissible as it’s necessary riba similar to student loans.

What is there reasoning? If the banks are using methods of profit sharing, how is that interest? If you buy an item, but sell it for profit is that haram? If that was the case 95% of businesses would be haram. Also, can you send me a fatwa from these scholars please? I'm curious about their reasoning. In the mean time i'm going to try and google it.

Also, why would someone go and indulge in traditional riba banking if they have access to islamic banking? One is clear cut haram and scholars who allow it only allow it because they think it is a compulsory need as housing yourself and education ect are incredibly vital. But what 'need' is there when Islamic banks are available?

Last edited:

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
"That girl is a gaal because she doesn't wear a hijab". "That boy is Khanis because he has earrings". ""Working in a Bank is Haram because it does interest". "Being an accountant for that company is Haram because it deals with interest". "You can't shake hands in an interview with him or her it's haram". "You can't peruse a masters or a doctorate degree because it's interest= Haram"." You can't buy a house via bank loan because it's interest = Haram". "You can't get into politics because you'll have to support LGBTQ = Haram"

It's obvious as Somalis that we won't move anywhere as long as we view things as close minded as this. Our successful folk break all these rules and lie to us calling it an Islamic bank or calling themselves Muslim entrepreneurs not that they've left the religion, they make it seem that they haven't compromised any of these rules. Their children clearly have. Word of advice to y'all even masjid take bake loans with interest live your life and don't let a liar guilt trap you into constant poverty and screaming #freepalestine in your bio when they got more wealth than you. Hell the guy who own all these Somali business in Minneapolis is Palestinian waa tuugo and then they go to the mosque acting all holy.
Are you saying that if Somalia was a Christian country, it would be successful?

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Renting is literally giving money to someone who will do interest with your money. Your bank does riba with your money. The corporation you work at does interest idiot. Let’s not make Fatwa based upon a 7th century hadeeth used out of context in a way that it’s impossible to get out of poverty…
What ever a landlord does with his money after taking it from you, ain't of concern. Once it left your hands, if he hires a contract killer or goes to town with alcohol, it ain't your sin, so if he uses it to do interest, then again, not your problem. Same with corporation, same with bank. You should avoid riba as much as you can. Simple as, no ifs, no buts, no cans. You either follow the deen and its rule or you don't, poverty or not. (For a sin that is so bad, it is better to commit Zina 36 times, then take a dirham of Riba, your basically wagering war against Allah SWT)

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP

Student loan isn't permissible though in its traditional format though. There is no such thing as "necessary riba"

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
There is no such thing as "necessary riba"

Yes there is.

Any thing is halal if it’s a necessity. Obviously, for stuff like alcohol or pork, it’s only in life or death situations.

However, since mortgages are difference between wealth and poverty for many, it’s seen as a necessity also.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
@Angelina

Islam considers any loan in which the lender profits as haram.

This is because it considers loans to be charitable to help one another, not to profit.

Therefore, any Islamic banking model would be haram if you follow the letter of the law.

@Angelina

Islam considers any loan in which the lender profits as haram.

This is because it considers loans to be charitable to help one another, not to profit.

Therefore, any Islamic banking model would be haram if you follow the letter of the law.

Islamic banks do not loan. They buy and sell at a profit. If you buy something and mark up the price, is it a loan?

Example: An islamic bank will buy a house for 100k, and resell it to you for 120k but in installments. So, they'll get 20k profit. They've not loaned anything. They've merely marked it up for profit and that is how most businesses work.

I feel like you haven't read my post.

I also asked for a fatwa which says its haram, not your opinion. I tried to find one online couldn't see it.