We won't get anywhere as Somalis if we continue being religious zealots.

Be honest

• Agree

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Disagree

Votes: 35 50.7%

• Total voters

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
Are you saying that if Somalia was a Christian country, it would be successful?

Don't think he's saying that but if he was... because Ethiopia and Eritrea are doing so well or all those "shithole" gaal African countries Trump was talking about? Christianity sure made them successful. Kek.

Somalia is just an unfortunate casualty of the cold-war and both local and international opportunism for the last 30 years. Give it a good security apparatus, educate the public, build some good infrastructure, rehabilitate it's global reputation for things like exports and tourism and it should be fine. Dunno where you'd get the lacag and might required to curb it's current corruption in order to do so but that's mostly it.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Yes there is.

Any thing is halal if it’s a necessity. Obviously, for stuff like alcohol or pork, it’s only in life or death situations.

However, since mortgages are difference between wealth and poverty for many, it’s seen as a necessity also.
Exactly, he will learn when he gets older, what is better for your family to create generational wealth and a stable home with a nice clean environment or a ghetto council house complex where crime is rife and bad influences are plenty. Somalis will readily accept the Caydh collected from interest and strip clubs but will cry foul when one wants to move up in life.

I remember when I was young around 10 my best friend parents moved out and bought a house with mortgage while everyone in my neighbourhood was judging them and mocking them. Today that house is worth 1.5 million and they bought for 300k making their money back and more, not only have they managed to pay back the mortgage they now OWN the house.

I was so jealous of my friend when I visited him as a kid he had his own room and his basement was gaming heaven.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Exactly, he will learn when he gets older, what is better for your family to create generational wealth and a stable home with a nice clean environment or a ghetto council house complex where crime is rife and bad influences are plenty. Somalis will readily accept the Caydh collected from interest and strip clubs but will cry foul when one wants to move up in life.

I remember when I was young around 10 my best friend parents moved out and bought a house with mortgage while everyone in my neighbourhood was judging them and mocking them. Today that house is worth 1.5 million and they bought for 300k making their money back and more, not only have they managed to pay back the mortgage they now OWN the house.

I was so jealous of my friend when I visited him as a kid he had his own room and his basement was gaming heaven.

So is that a valid reason to go against Allah SWT? What is better for me and my family > Avoid what Allah SWT said that is was haram and brings no benefit. Will my family back me in the Day of Judgement?

TekNiKo

VIP
So is that a valid reason to go against Allah SWT? What is better for me and my family > Avoid what Allah SWT said that is was haram and brings no benefit. Will my family back me in the Day of Judgement?
Scholars have said that giving and taking interest are not the same the userous one is the one who is severely punished

Listen to the scholars man, everyone has a right to own their own home

reer

VIP
sxb dhul gaal in la dego waa arin la xarimay. iskaba daa in riba la galo annagoo dhul gaal deggan.

Last edited:

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
Scholars have said that giving and taking interest are not the same the userous one is the one who is severely punished

Listen to the scholars man, everyone has a right to own their own home

Screenshot 2021-11-20 at 12.47.03.png

You CANNOT spend interest, receive it, or use it. Or our children and generations would have been rich as heck, via ISA, Child funds and whatnot. Its haram, you can rent a house, buying is not a must. But hey, in this day and age, lets bend the rules. Heck,

Allah SWT said its haram, and we follow. A scholar can say whatever he wants, it doesn't make him right.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
sxb dhul gaal la dego waa arin la xarimay. iskaba daa in riba la galo annagoo dhul gaal deggan.
Your supposed to leave as soon as the nation is safe and well, our stay is temporary in this country and on this earth, but hey, lets buy a house whilst we are at it, risking our earth and afterlife, based on haram riba!

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
People need to use their brain.

If they were anti-riba, they should put their money under the mattress and not in a bank.

Why do they put in a bank?

Because they know it is a necessity in this day and age.

Which begs the question: Do Somalis consider having a good quality of life as an unnecessary or haram concept?

TekNiKo

VIP
People need to use their brain.

If they were anti-riba, they should put their money under the mattress and not in a bank.

Why do they put in a bank?

Because they know it is a necessity in this day and age.

Which begs the question: Do Somalis consider having a good quality of life as an unnecessary or haram concept?
We live in a Riba dominated world, the very fiat they use is “Riba” yet they think they are pure:mjlol:

Even the Holy Prophet acknowledged this.

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), said, “A time will come upon people when they will consume riba.” They said to him, “Is that all of the people?” The Prophet (ﷺ) said, “Whoever does not take from it will be afflicted by its dust.” Source: Musnad Ahmad 10191 Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to As-Suyuti and Ahmad Shakir.

Are you saying that if Somalia was a Christian country, it would be successful?

I don't think that's what he was saying because there are plenty of failed Christian majority States in Africa -- and I'm from the worst one at the moment.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Don't think he's saying that but if he was... because Ethiopia and Eritrea are doing so well or all those "shithole" gaal African countries Trump was talking about? Christianity sure made them successful. Kek.

Somalia is just an unfortunate casualty of the cold-war and both local and international opportunism for the last 30 years. Give it a good security apparatus, educate the public, build some good infrastructure, rehabilitate it's global reputation for things like exports and tourism and it should be fine. Dunno where you'd get the lacag and might required to curb it's current corruption in order to do so but that's mostly it.
@Fowzi Kaahin doesn't want me to discourage people from doing unislamic things.

Why delay the inevitable? If you won't buy a house for yourself because you have plans to go back home, do it for your children.
My parents had that conversation about loans almost 40 years ago, I thank them for it.

Multiple generations of Somalis have lived and been born in the West, it's time to understand that we're not all going back, give them the choice.

You guys also don’t realize that the tide of the world is changing and there’s so many successful Musilm countries with Islamic banking and more to come

Malaysia Indonesia Singapore Pakistan Saudi Turkey Bahrain Kuwait Qatar Bangladesh Iran even tries not to do riba

If Central Asian or even North and Muslim majority SS African countries shift to no usury, it will significantly change the world banking dynamics against it

Also for the the person who’s venturing for a loan, a Islamic loan is much more palatable and appealing compared to the predatory usury loan that only benefits the creditors and turn them into just debt collectors

The creditors have no value to society they’re just enslaving the population

Last edited: