UK parliament to discuss recognition of Somaliland

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
You think the Somalia will start a war with SL once it becomes stable?

That would be the quickest way back to anarchy

The reality is that SL will not accept orders from Mogadishu.

And SL is unlikely to get independence.

A viable solution is devolution (e.g. the UK) where political power is decentralised, and SL government controls its region.

Federalism could work, but I don't see SL accepting that anytime soon.

There is no need for a war.
The fact that villa hargeisa is arresting anyone who is a unionist says more than enough.

Sool and sanaag ain't yours, neither is awdal. All we have to do is defeat the isaaq without actually fighting them.

By closing their airport and seaport they have to stand down, who else is coming to their rescue ethiopia? The UAE? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Three bombings that happen this passed week says otherwise :pachah1:
But i let you continue to live in your bubble :lolbron:

What he means is that Xamar is a better developed city than Hargeisa.

Xamar being a security risk is a bigger testament to its development.

Attacks have nothing to do with the amount of paved roads or developments in a city.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
What he means is that Xamar is a better developed city than Hargeisa.

Xamar being a security risk is a bigger testament to its development.

Attacks have nothing to do with the amount of paved roads or developments in a city.
I never said htown is better than xamar I agree that it’s more developed.

Three bombings that happen this passed week says otherwise :pachah1:
But i let you continue to live in your bubble :lolbron:

You know damn well Somalia is developing more rapidly than at any point in the past 30 yrs.

What the poster said is true, Somaliland was at parity or close to it with Somalia for many decades as no gov existed in South, but even today that's no longer the case. I think this is why I see a lot of panic from the landers these days, they know time is of the essence, the balance of power has already shifted and the gap both militarily and economically is widening every single day. And Somaliland is handicapped to compete with Somalia as it has no recognition, lacks foreign investment & cannot buy (and afford) military hardware for conventional war.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
You know damn well Somalia is developing more rapidly than at any point in the past 30 yrs.

What the poster said is true, Somaliland was at parity or close to it with Somalia for many decades as no gov existed in South, but even today that's no longer the case. I think this is why I see a lot of panic from the landers these days, they know time is of the essence, the balance of power has already shifted and the gap both militarily and economically is widening every single day. And Somaliland is handicapped to compete with Somalia as it has no recognition, lacks foreign investment & cannot buy (and afford) military hardware for conventional war.
Why are you against them?

Why are you against them?

I am not against them, I am against their political agenda of permanently disintegrating Somalia.

Having said that, due to their intense toxicity, i'd be the first to vote in favour of giving them independence if they stood down their claims on taking with them large swaths of territories whose populations don't want to be minions in their dream of a new Isaaq super state.

In the next Somalia - SL talks I think there should be a genuine discussion on a non binding referendum in the disputed regions on whether they want to cede from Somalia.

Last edited:
I am not against them, I am against their political agenda of permanently disintegrating Somalia.

Having said that, due to their intense toxicity, i'd be the first to vote in favour of giving them independence if they stood down their claims on taking with them large swaths of territories whose populations don't want to be minions in their dream of a new Isaaq super state.

In the next Somalia - SL talks I think there should be a genuine discussion on a non binding referendum in the disputed regions on whether they want to cede from Somalia.
I live in all 6 regions of Somaliland, and not a single inch of Somalilands soil will be given up for some delusional rabid clannism. In 1960 when Somaliland and The UN Trusteeship of Somalia United to form The Somali Republic, Isaaq was the driving force that decided Somaliland would give up being a Country to unite Somalis, while darood in Somaliland was against the union. Did them being against the union of Somaliland & the UN Trusteeship of Somalia stop the union from occurring, of course not.

Majority rules mate. No one cares what some rabid tribalists have to say :pachah1:

I live in all 6 regions of Somaliland, and not a single inch of Somalilands soil will be given up for some delusional rabid clannism. In 1960 when Somaliland and The UN Trusteeship of Somalia United to form The Somali Republic, Isaaq was the driving force that decided Somaliland would give up being a Country to unite Somalis, while darood in Somaliland was against the union. Did them being against the union of Somaliland & the UN Trusteeship of Somalia stop the union from occurring, of course not.

Majority rules mate. No one cares what some rabid tribalists have to say :pachah1:

I don't believe 1 second you actually believe daroods in SL support separating today, if you did you guys would be all for a referendum in those regions.

They should get independence Somalia is a failed state
I'm sorry, people from 'somaliland', but no one will recognise a unilateral declaration of independence. They will have to recognise separatism in Ukraine. They will have to recognise Catalonia that is trying to break free from Spain. Or West Papua from Indonesia.

I think that if in the next five years if SL remains fully independent of us de facto wise then our country Somalia should then be the first to recognise them as a separate nation.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Also any federal member state including Puntland or Hiirshabelle wants gooni isutaag then maybe this should be allowed. This khasab and xoog mentality isn't good for anybody
Now you have full picture. All states will ask for gooni isutaag and war will start. Imagine PL Iyo SL two states in Somalia became countires and using airplanes and tanks to fight for Lasscanood?

For Somalia to became stable, we should make peace within ourselfs and make clear boundaries each state.

Last edited:

Trending

Latest posts