UK parliament to discuss recognition of Somaliland

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Good grant Somaliland full independence with her borders intact. The failed state of Somalia has been holding her back for decades, let her gain international recognition, diplomatic channels and foreign investment. She may outperform Djibouti, and could be a great ally to Somalia in the international arena if Koonfurians play their card right.

18 Jan New Indenpendence Day Of Somaliland

Bill Murray Applause GIF by MOODMAN

this is good news for the people of somaliland , they will be better off without us. Is not how they going to get a recognition is when, is only matter of time to get reqonize as independent nation.

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
If we held a nation wide referendum only two groups will oppose SL recognition, Deni and PL who wish to control Harti Wuqooyi seats an share in the state, and obviously some Harti Wuqooyi who wish to create their own FMS seperate from both PL and SL. Koonfurians like myself would give zero fucks about SL independence lmao.

You know what the sad part is…is there even an argument on the other side? There are plenty UK politicians on the lobby payroll who can make arguments for recognition but don’t see the same energy for not recognising (despite abundant reasons). Somalia simply has no friends and gov isn’t respected internationally (for reasons of their own making). There were plenty high ranking politicians advocating for recognising Kurdistan but Iraq is a much richer and stronger state than Somalia.

If we held a nation wide referendum only two groups will oppose SL recognition, Deni and PL who wish to control Harti Wuqooyi seats an share in the state, and obviously some Harti Wuqooyi who wish to create their own FMS seperate from both PL and SL. Koonfurians like myself would give zero fucks about SL independence lmao.

this makes zero sense at all.

why would south Somali’s willingly choose to be regarded as foreigners in north Somalia, and be required to pass a border crossing and have a valid visa?

Can you think of a single country in the world that would allow 1/3 of their country secede? Would a nation wide referendum in Turkey give away eastern truely to the Kurds? Would a nationwide referendum in Spain give Catalonia independence? Would a nationwide referendum in India give Kashmir and the sikhs independence? What a silly statement. And all the examples mentioned are regions that have populations with different ethnicities & languages yet that is still impossible.

One thing I’ve noticed is south Somali’s that are pro Somaliland independence are 99% politically motivated out of spite against Puntland. If Deni was a Faarmajo lapdog they wouldn’t be pro Somaliland. So pathetic.

A referendum for independence in Sool, Sanaag, Awdal regions alone wouldn’t pass yet alone the whole Somalia.

Last edited:
this makes zero sense at all. Can you think of a single country in the world that would allow 1/3 of their country secede? Would a nation wide referendum in Turkey give away eastern truely to the Kurds? Would a nationwide referendum in Spain give Catalonia independence? Would a nationwide referendum in India give Kashmir and the sikhs independence? What a silly statement.

all the examples above are regions that have populations with different ethnicities & languages yet that is still impossible.

A referendum in Sool, Sanaag, Awdal regions alone wouldn’t pass yet alone the whole Somalia.
If They Wanna Leave Leave But Haylaan Unakah Leh

giphy (3).gif

Zapfox1

I may be wrong but it's highly unlikely
No way in hell will one of the leading countries in the international community recognise Somaliland. I hope that one day they miraculously get independence because it is better for them but it simply can’t happen. The world never allowed Kurds, oromos and igbos (with their biafra state that barely lasted). Even though all those groups I mentioned are of different ethnicity with people they share a country with.

Reborn

why would south Somali’s willingly choose to be regarded as foreigners in north Somalia, and be required to pass a border crossing and have a valid visa?

Can you think of a single country in the world that would allow 1/3 of their country secede? Would a nation wide referendum in Turkey give away eastern truely to the Kurds? Would a nationwide referendum in Spain give Catalonia independence? Would a nationwide referendum in India give Kashmir and the sikhs independence? What a silly statement. And all the examples mentioned are regions that have populations with different ethnicities & languages yet that is still impossible.

One thing I’ve noticed is south Somali’s that are pro Somaliland independence are 99% politically motivated out of spite against Puntland. If Deni was a Faarmajo lapdog they wouldn’t be pro Somaliland. So pathetic.

A referendum for independence in Sool, Sanaag, Awdal regions alone wouldn’t pass yet alone the whole Somalia.

A referendum wouldn't pass you say in Sool,Sanaag and Awdal? :chrisfreshhah:

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP

Can you think of a single country in the world that would allow 1/3 of their country secede? Would a nation wide referendum in Turkey give away eastern truely to the Kurds? Would a nationwide referendum in Spain give Catalonia independence? Would a nationwide referendum in India give Kashmir and the sikhs independence? What a silly statement. One thing I’ve noticed is south Somali’s that are pro Somaliland independence are 99% politically motivated out of spite against Puntland. If Deni was a Faarmajo lapdog they wouldn’t be pro Somaliland. So pathetic.

all the examples above are regions that have populations with different ethnicities & languages yet that is still impossible.

A referendum in Sool, Sanaag, Awdal regions alone wouldn’t pass yet alone the whole Somalia.
Spite for Deni, what about spite for Rer SL ? you are clearly biased towards PL, but as Koonfurians we are neutral in this matter.

Spite for Deni, what about spite for Rer SL ? you are clearly biased towards PL, but as Koonfurians we are neutral in this matter.

What do you mean “neautral”? We are not talking about regular political differences here but questions of sovereignty. 99.9% of South Somali’s are NOT indifferent whether 1/3 of their country secedes you doqon

Dalalos_ibn_Adali

Republican
VIP
What do you mean “neautral”? We are not talking about regular political differences here but questions of sovereignty. 99.9% of South Somali’s are NOT indifferent whether 1/3 of their country secedes you doqon
how the hell are you telling me I am not indifferent when I am telling you directly right now I am indifferent.

Bored Kanye West GIF

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

PL leadership constantly interferes in our affairs and is a threat to central governance. They are the poison that brought us the Woyane inspired federalism, AMISOM and Kamapala agreement. SL doesnt interfere in our affairs or sabotage Mogadishu. SL doesnt comment on JL affairs. They have done no harm to Southern Somalis. Why should we stand in their way?

Let them be separate if there's no chance of any kind of unity that they would accept. However let us have completely open borders and use the same currency