UK parliament to discuss recognition of Somaliland

Zapfox1

I may be wrong but it's highly unlikely
Now you have full picture. All states will ask for gooni isutaag and war will start. Imagine PL Iyo SL two states in Somalia became countires and using airplanes and tanks to fight for Lasscanood?

For Somalia to became stable, we should make peace within ourselfs and make clear boundaries each state.
Would PL rather give up sool and sanaag or north mudug

I think that if in the next five years if SL remains fully independent of us de facto wise then our country Somalia should then be the first to recognise them as a separate nation.

I noticed you are one of the biggest supporters of SL sepratism on here, in almost every post related to this topic you advocate for their independence. I don't have a problem with that but its weird how you pretend to argue from the other side.

But would you as SL be against any federal state in Somalia becoming independent?

No federal state of Somalia has the history to become recognized as an independent Country. The African Union recognizes african colonial borders as sacrosanct. That is why only Eritrea could leave the union with Ethiopia and not oromo, tigray or the Somali region. That is also why Senegal and Gambia United to form Senegambia then after the union's failure, receded back to their former colonial borders, Like Somaliland and Somalia

No federal state of Somalia has the history to become recognized as an independent Country. The African Union recognizes african colonial borders as sacrosanct. That is why only Eritrea could leave the union with Ethiopia and not oromo, tigray or the Somali region. That is also why Senegal and Gambia United to form Senegambia then after the union's failure, receded back to their former colonial borders, Like Somaliland and Somalia

You talk more gibberish. The African Union considers the current borders as they are recognised by the UN and international community as sacrosanct. The union is a done deal, it's over, there's no such thing as "going back" unilaterally, get over it. Can Texas unilaterally declare to be a seperate country because they were once independent with approval of the federal government? No.

The example of Eritrea is off, they weren't accepted as independent by the IC because they once had similar colonial borders, but because they came to an agreement with their host country. Somalia can come to agreement with any region in Somalia to secede, there's no prerequisite that said region had to have a history of a colonial border, you just made that up.

I also find it amusing how you landers always bring up the AU to legitimize your independence when they are the single biggest opposition to your independence claims.

Last edited:
I noticed you are one of the biggest supporters of SL sepratism on here, in almost every post related to this topic you advocate for their independence. I don't have a problem with that but its weird how you pretend to argue from the other side.

Only very recently I have become supportive of SL breaking away. I have no tribal stake in that place so my life literally won't change whether they officially leave or reunite. What I believe is that let us end this status quo and definitively resolve it one way or another.

Not only SL, even if any one of the 5 FMS inside Somalia wanted secession should we repress people's wishes. Djibouti is doing well and is peaceful despite being very tiny.

This life on Earth is temporary, only reason we humans exist is to worship Allah

Well Ethiopia currently allows its regions the right to secede. If Somalia also allowed its federal states the constitutional right to secession would you oppose that

Only very recently I have become supportive of SL breaking away. I have no tribal stake in that place so my life literally won't change whether they officially leave or reunite. What I believe is that let us end this status quo and definitively resolve it one way or another.

Not only SL, even if any one of the 5 FMS inside Somalia wanted secession should we repress people's wishes. Djibouti is doing well and is peaceful despite being very tiny.

This life on Earth is temporary, only reason we humans exist is to worship Allah

No offense but you have to be extremely ignorant to believe breaking up Somalia into fiefdoms will solve their problems. You want all 5 new countries:
-Have separate mility army
-Have new currency
-Have new legal system and constitution
-*add in all extra expense needed to run a country*

This will never work and will set the Somali people behind another century. The world is moving toward integration, our neighbours in Kenya are moving fast to politically unite with Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and this week, DRC, and you want Somalia to break up in separate countries along clan lines? This is madness.

Somali's need to develop their political culture and learn to compromise and work together, that is the much more efficient solution than breaking up the country in 5 parts.

You talk more gibberish. The African Union considers the current borders as they are recognised by the UN and international community as sacrosanct. The union is a done deal, it's over, there's no such thing as "going back" unilaterally, get over it. Can Texas unilaterally declare to be a seperate country because they were once independent? No.

The example of Eriteea is off, they weren't accepted as independent by the IC because they once had similar colonial borders, but because they came to an agreement with their host country.

I also find it amusing how you landers always bring up the AU to legitimize your independence when they are the single biggest opposition to your independence claims.
What does Texas have to do with African Union policies. Strange of you to bring that random example

This is what the African Union has set in stone in 1964. Every country can only revert back to its borders of independence.
Screenshot_20220122-153032_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

The Africans were smart to do this because it deters the monkeys who only understand tribal borders like the somalians in this thread

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
What does Texas have to do with African Union policies. Strange of you to bring that random example

This is what the African Union has set in stone in 1964. Every country can only revert back to its borders of independence.
View attachment 212722

The Africans were smart to do this because it deters the monkeys who only understand tribal borders like the somalians in this thread
Sub-sahara was spain colony put today is part of Moroco. You should understand there is countires inside AU will not accept your bullshit.

No offense but you have to be extremely ignorant to believe breaking up Somalia into fiefdoms will solve their problems. You want all 5 new countries:
-Have separate mility army
-Have new currency
-Have new legal system and constitution
-*add in all extra expense needed to run a country*

This will never work and will set the Somali people behind another century. The world is moving toward integration, our neighbours in Kenya are moving fast to politically unite with Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, Rwanda and this week, DRC, and you want Somalia to break up in separate countries along clan lines? This is madness.

Somali's need to develop their political culture and learn to compromise and work together, that is the much more efficient solution than breaking up the country in 5 parts.

Our people are very hard headed and stubborn, compromise is a dirty word to such folks. I have no faith in this supposed single ethnic group that are utterly obsessed with their sub clan and are allergic to strong central government

View attachment 212722

horta what is wrong with you?

You said: "Every country can only revert back to its borders of independence."

Statement reads: "....which adopted the principle of respect of existing borders on achievement of national independence"

Where does this statement say anything about reverting to old borders?

The AU currently recognises Somalia as whole. These recognised borders, as they currently are, are sacrosanct. I'm confused as to what you're exactly your thinking.

Well Ethiopia currently allows its regions the right to secede. If Somalia also allowed its federal states the constitutional right to secession would you oppose that

Ethiopia's constitutional right to secede doesn't necessarily mean Recognition from the African Union. The AU law supersedes Ethiopias constitution.

Somalias constitution isn't even respected in Somalia, forget Africa or the International community. Somalias constitution states that federal regions are to be created based on the borders of the 18 regions of the former Somali republic.

Then you have the self proclaimed mother of federalism creating its borders based on tribe irrespective of Somalias Constitution and the borders of the 18 regions of the former republic
IMG_20220122_154909.png

This is why the AU maintains that borders of independence(colonial borders) are sacrosanct. And that is why when it comes to Somaliland & Somalia no one will ever take the tribal bush cries of somalians over some bush clan in 1 district of sanaag and few districts of eastern sool

Last edited:
horta what is wrong with you?

You said: "Every country can only revert back to its borders of independence."

Statement reads: "....which adopted the principle of respect of existing borders on achievement of national independence"

Where does this statement say anything about reverting to old borders?

The AU currently recognises Somalia as whole. These recognised borders, as they currently are, are sacrosanct. I'm confused as to what you're exactly your thinking.

You're not smart at all mate:heh:

National independence is from the colonial governing body. Somaliland recieved independence from the British on June 26, 1960. Somalia received independence on July 1, 1960. The borders that both countries had at the time of independence is what the AU law is referring to when it states "Respect of existing borders on achievement of National Independence"
Screenshot_20220122-153032_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

That is why no federal state has the right to secede from Somalia, ever. You are binded together by African Union law:umad:

DalsanJubiland

HartilandWaamoJoore
Ethiopia's constitutional right to secede doesn't necessarily mean Recognition from the African Union. The AU law supersedes Ethiopias constitution.

Somalias constitution isn't even respected in Somalia, forget Africa or the International community. The constitution states that federal regions are to be created based on the borders of the 18 regions of the former Somali republic.

Then you have the self proclaimed mother of federalism creating its borders based on tribe irrespective of Somalias Constitution View attachment 212724

This is why the AU maintains that borders of independence(colonial borders) are sacrosanct. And that is why when it comes to Somaliland & Somalia no one will ever take the tribal bush cries of somalians over some bush clan in 1 district of sanaag and few districts of eastern sool
South Sudan and Sudan was one country under British. Then still separated
All depends on if the area has natural resources. Which Somaliland doesn’t have it.
Even if somaliland recognized still it is hand to mouth country. Which they are now.
For that reason they will never get recognition. Because they will always need support and hand out. No country will support that, they don’t have nothing to offer.

reer

VIP

National independence is from the colonial governing body. Somaliland recieved independence from the British on June 26, 1960. Somalia received independence on July 1, 1960. The borders that both countries had at the time of independence is what the AU law is referring to when it states "Respect of existing borders on achievement of National Independence"
View attachment 212726

That is why no federal state has the right to secede from Somalia, ever. You are binded together by African Union law:umad:
italian colonial borders or british colonial borders? which do you support. :lolbron:

View attachment 212726

I will leave it as this:
I repeat that I find it quite odd that you think AU law somehow supports your independence, when they are your #1 opposition to your claims. All this hoopla about which Somali colonial region got independence 25 days before the other, no one gives a flying f***. The world see's two countries with identical population, and recognises a single country.

I'm not gonna waste my time googling AU documents but you know damn well AU considers the current African borders, as they are, as sacred. If they didn't you would've got independence long ago. All these legal arguments cooked up by some cadaan lawyer in the 90s just don't cut it.

South Sudan and Sudan was one country under British. Then still separated
All depends on if the area has natural resources. Which Somaliland doesn’t have it.
Even if somaliland recognized still it is hand to mouth country. Which they are now.
For that reason they will never get recognition. Because they will always need support and hand out. No country will support that, they don’t have nothing to offer.

This is incorrect. South Sudan was governed by the french and North by the Egyptians & British. When the French handed over South Sudan to the british the british considered both as separate countries and even had a separate administration policy so both lands would be governed independently of one another. Aside from the genocide and non stop civil war, this was a main point when the two countries were separating

Trending