DEVELOPING NEWS UK parliament to discuss recognition of Somaliland

Zapfox1

I may be wrong but it's highly unlikely
Lol theres like 10 people in there and they're all half asleep😂 somalianlanders will cream themselves nonetheless
Somalilanders are treating this like a life or death situation whilst these white ppl wonder what their wife cooked them for dinner and just want to go home smh

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
that debate was disappointing, that the members who showed up, were those who were in favour for SL, which sided out all the other important stuff, like the question of SL's unionists

Lol theres like 10 people in there and they're all half asleep😂 somalianlanders will cream themselves nonetheless
1C31105E-B8B7-4375-B5BA-C2F32611F328.jpeg

Our brothers in the north should just come 🏠 we will welcome them with open arms, and they can be the source of making nationalist songs once more✊🏾 They can be a federal state like Puntland, and remain as they are now. I just want to see us unite our army, integrate our economy. And if injustice occurs they should have the choice to be an independent country.

Would they support independence for Scotland?
Would they support Catalonian separatists in Spain?
Would they support separatists in Ukraine?
I gathered not.

six

HAGtivist
Would they support independence for Scotland?
Would they support Catalonian separatists in Spain?
Would they support separatists in Ukraine?
I gathered not.
Ukraine is not a failed state.
Spain is not a failed state.
Scotland is not a failed state.
Somalia is.
Get it?

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
Ukraine is not a failed state.
Spain is not a failed state.
Scotland is not a failed state.
Somalia is.
Get it?

Somalia is nowhere near the failed state it was in the 1990s, when PL didn’t exist and Xamar was a complete no-go zone.

Yet SL didn’t get recognised then.

six

HAGtivist
Somalia is nowhere near the failed state it was in the 1990s, when PL didn’t exist and Xamar was a complete no-go zone.

What's the difference between then and now? Some aid and nothing has been accomplished. You people are living in a dream.

I think the thinking behind denying them recognition is that Somalia has to recover and control its own self first for there to be a final solution to the SL question. However I'm afraid that the world (at least the Western bloc) would eventually recognise SL against our wishes if they believe its in their strategic interests to no longer wait for Somalia in the midst of rivalry with China/Russia.

Eventually there has to be soon a resolution - either de facto reunification or Somaliland gets its independence officially recognised. Status quo isn't sustainable sxb

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
What's the difference between then and now? Some aid and nothing has been accomplished. You people are living in a dream.

Puntland or even the federal system didn’t exist in the 1990s.

There wasn’t even a paper government back then.

Somalia in 1993 was much different to Somalia today. If they didn’t recognise SL when there was no semblance of hope in Somalia, they won’t recognise it when there is some small hope.

Last edited:

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Guys we are forgetting that sl made official ties with taiwan.

The ccp will veto any attempt of recognition.

Since SL recognition (well not willing to do but thinking about it) from the western states like the Scandinavian one , UK and Canada is based upon reducing the russian and chinese influence in the horn.

The eastern powers will block it.

I would lobby for autonomy instead of sovereignty now the fgs is powerless. Once the fgs has a real functioning army with no arms embargo it is sadly over for Hargeisa.

This is sadly the reality on the ground.

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
I think the thinking behind denying them recognition is that Somalia has to recover and control its own self first for there to be a final solution to the SL question. However I'm afraid that the world (at least the Western bloc) would eventually recognise SL against our wishes if they believe its in their strategic interests to no longer wait for Somalia in the midst of rivalry with China/Russia.

Eventually there has to be soon a resolution - either de facto reunification or Somaliland gets its independence officially recognised. Status quo isn't sustainable sxb

Even if some recognise SL, it will just switch to becoming a disputed region and won’t have a seat at the UN.

Full sovereignty comes from Mogadishu, no matter how many times people try to beat around the bush.

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
Guys we are forgetting that sl made official ties with taiwan.

The ccp will veto any attempt of recognition.

Since SL recognition (well not willing to do but thinking about it) from the western states like the Scandinavian one , UK and Canada is based upon reducing the russian and chinese influence in the horn.

The eastern powers will block it.

I would lobby for autonomy instead of sovereignty now the fgs is powerless. Once the fgs has a real functioning army with no arms embargo it is sadly over for Hargeisa.

It’s been 30+ years people have been saying this. :pachah1:

Once the fgs has a real functioning army with no arms embargo it is sadly over for Hargeisa.

You think the Somalia will start a war with SL once it becomes stable?

That would be the quickest way back to anarchy

The reality is that SL will not accept orders from Mogadishu.

And SL is unlikely to get independence.

A viable solution is devolution (e.g. the UK) where political power is decentralised, and SL government controls its region.

Federalism could work, but I don't see SL accepting that anytime soon.

Last edited:

Trending