UK PARENTS WERE WARNED!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is someone like Rageh Omar who isn't even living amongst the Somali community spitting facts like this 10 years ago and no one cared or thought what he had to say was important.

Cumar

Ilaahay Gargaaryeey Gabiley Qurux Badanaa
VIP
Rageh Omaar grew up in the UK as a young Somali man and succeeded. If anyone is qualified to speak about this issue, it's him.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
How is someone like Rageh Omar who isn't even living amongst the Somali community spitting facts like this 10 years ago and no one cared or thought what he had to say was important.

Sad to see some of them got killed for just being somali

Prince of Lasanod

Eid trim pending
Rageh Omaar grew up in the UK as a young Somali man and succeeded. If anyone is qualified to speak about this issue, it's him.
If I’m not mistaken, he was middle class his whole life. Think he even went to a private school. He doesn’t have the same experiences as the somali youth.

Read what I said properly before jumping to conclusions. He doesn't live amongst us,isn't married to a Somali and doesn't see these things as much as people who have done the above. let's be honest, he moves in different circles to most of us. There are people in better positions to do something about it but didn't.

To add to the poster above. He also went to Oxford university in the 1980s before most of us arrived. He is too educated to be going through a lot of the problems we went through.

Cumar

VIP
Read what I said properly before jumping to conclusions. He doesn't live amongst us,isn't married to a Somali and doesn't see these things as much as people who have done the above. let's be honest, he moves in different circles to most of us. There are people in better positions to do something about it but didn't.

To add to the poster above. He also went to Oxford university in the 1980s before most of us arrived. He is too educated to be going through a lot of the problems we went through.

None of that changes the fact he definitely experienced racism and discrimination in his youth though, which was much worse and open in the 1980s than now. And him being married to a white woman today is irrelevant to his experience as a youth in '80s Britain.

Cumar

VIP
If I’m not mistaken, he was middle class his whole life. Think he even went to a private school. He doesn’t have the same experiences as the somali youth.

That is all true that he came from decent money and was privileged, but he earned his success in the UK. :manny:

None of that changes the fact he definitely experienced racism and discrimination in his youth though, which was much worse and open in the 1980s than now. And him being married to a white woman today is irrelevant to his experience as a youth in '80s Britain.

This is all true but the Somali problems in the UK wasn't as great especially as there was a lot less of us. By the time most arrived, he was doing very well plus spent many years working out the country in Iraq and ethiopia so how is he highlighting problems when people in the community aren't bringing them up. This last bit is my point, what he has achieved isn't in doubt.

Muji

VIP
The non-sensical things you guys argue about :jcoleno:

Were you guys expecting a roadman to present this?

It was either Rageh, Mo Farax or Barkhad. So count your blessing

I’m just shocked Somalis are killing someone because they’re Somali...how does that work? Even animals don’t do that.

Gambar

VIP
His sister Ruqiya did as well, she’s a lawyer and used to run African Watch. When I was a child I remember seeing her on TV talking about what was going on in Somalia during the 90s.

Him being middle class doesn’t take away from his experience, he was probably the only Somali in many situations growing up. Somalis who are low income are more likely to form a group and find common ground, it’s harder when your family is middle class or well to do. The Omar family was from a well to do background.

Cumar

VIP
His sister Ruqiya did as well, she’s a lawyer and used to run African Watch. When I was a child I remember seeing her on TV talking about what was going on in Somalia during the 90s.

Him being middle class doesn’t take away from his experience, he was probably the only Somali in many situations growing up. Somalis who are low income are more likely to form a group and find common ground, it’s harder when your family is middle class or well to do. The Omar family was from a well to do background.

Yeah inabti the whole family did very well and are all successful. I remember Ruqiya Omaar, she used to come on CNN a lot in the 90s. He has an older brother who was Oxford educated as well and was a former foreign Minister of Somalia. The family owns some of the best real estate in Hargeisa. Odayga Omaar was very wealthy.

Gambar

VIP
Yeah inabti the whole family did very well and are all successful. I remember Ruqiya Omaar, she used to come on CNN a lot in the 90s. He has an older brother who was Oxford educated as well and was a former foreign Minister of Somalia. The family owns some of the best real estate in Hargeisa. Odayga Omaar was very wealthy.
They used to live in Mogadishu too, the reer waqooyi xafaad I think. I looked up to Ruqiya and wanted to be like her. She was my first exposure to a successful professional Somali woman outside of my parents. She did a lot of work in Rwanda too.

Cumar

VIP
They used to live in Mogadishu too, the reer waqooyi xafaad I think. I looked up to Ruqiya and wanted to be like her. She was my first exposure to a successful professional Somali woman outside of my parents. She did a lot of work in Rwanda too.

She had class and elegance ruunti. A great role model to a lot of young Somali girls at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts