Twitter user says Somalis have the best food in Africa; many disagree

Tukraq

VIP
Even though we wuz colonized by ze Italians I couldn't find pizzarias in Puntland. Kind of odd.
also taking colonization cuisine is common go to any English colonized place like say the Caribbean and you know where all those steaks come from, we took pastas and lasagna

Last edited:

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
Food should unite not divide us, but with that said I love going to different restaurants and eating new dishes. It’s also surprising really good. :)

Although I am a bit biased, I don’t think anything beats bariis and hilib ari (when cooked right) :)

I’m glad we were colonized by Italians and not Brits imagine hoyoo making fish and chips everyday instead of baasto :gucciwhat:

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Moroccan food is different dishes just thrown in one plate, and not the good kind dishes it looks like leftovers :hova: Ethiopian food is heaven tho :lawd:I will probably put it on top then Somalis, does Yemenis food count? they have pretty amazing food. Moroccans need to stop their fake pride, no one cares about their garbage.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
upload_2019-9-4_14-30-20.jpeg

This is Nigerian food? Istaqfurullah this shit looks scary, what’s that green mush :susp:I can proudly say I never had west African food, I don’t trust them same way I only have fried rice and sushi from Asians, I’m not trying to eat testicles

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
I swear Somali baris and hilib is da best. The way we shiil the hilib omg :banderas:
Nobody can’t beat us on hilib cooking department.
Morrocoan food :trash:
Egyptian food :lawd:

My top 3 rice
1. Somali
2.yemani
3. Indian/Pakistani

:liberaltears:Crazy people

:mahubowtf:
That's his subjective opinion which he is entitled to.

Why not just take a step back and think before replying to the guy's tweet. That's his preference and each and every one of us have different likes/dislikes.

Finally, there's no way of objectively establishing which country has the "best" food.

:noneck:
We can argue till the end of time.
yup and why does everything have to be a competition. Too many insecure ppl in the world.

Umm-al-Dhegdheeriyaa

Run and I’ll catch you and eat you alive
Moroccan food is nasty, North African food just tastes weird:lawd:
Somalis don’t have a variety but our food is delicious. It’s a tie between Somali food and Ethiopian food
What if they copied our cuisines :leon:
As for west African food, their food looks like rock mixed with mud :gucciwhat:everything is weird shaped and thick

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
NA have a superiority complex like the somalis. But unlike us they actually have preserved their culture, country, and don't destroy their heritage. Moroccan food is absolutely delicious and the presentation classy and elegant.
It's the other way around. They got assimilated so hard they forgot their own language. Somalis losing their culture is complete and utter bs.

They dont even speak their own language and identify as arabs mostly but somehow they preserved their culture better than us? Lol

It's the other way around. They got assimilated so hard they forgot their own language. Somalis losing their culture is complete and utter bs.

You guys have met 2 moroccans in your lives. Every NA I know speaks darija. And I never said somalis had lost their culture. :icon rolleyes:

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Guys I've tried Moroccan food many times walle dadkaas gob maaha waa mهdgos when comes to making food wallahi billahi dadkan xaar ayey cunaan kkkk

Trending