Twitter user says Somalis have the best food in Africa; many disagree

Tukraq

VIP
Nah Ethio and NA cusine should be top. Our cuisine is nice but nowhere near as developed or original as the others. We don't have a big variety of dishes either. There's a reason why Ethio restaurants are global and well know.

I don't know what Kenya is doing there...
Ethiopian restraunts are globally known as bad tasting lol, being global docent change the taste, originality docent matter with taste either as they are originally nasty, like yeah raw meat may have been an original thought docent make it a good one, we also have way more diverse meals wtf, Italian is known as number one and we literally have slightly tuned meals of theres, by far best in Africa

yup be honest sxb there food is nasty, thats what I hear from caddans that go there the madows roast it to the shadow realm
800px-Eritrean_food_on_an_injeera.jpg

this is just not appetizing lol
Lol the way that plate was prepared looks tragic but normally it looks very inviting and tasty. Even the one in the pic prob tastes good.

tbh I'm not a sucker for looks on a dish man. If we're talking taste and experience Ethio restaurants got that.

idk where u live but Cadaans in London go to Ethio restaurants regularly and eat well. They like that shit.

Whatever satisfies ur palate tho lol

Lol the way that plate was prepared looks tragic but normally it looks very inviting and tasty. Even the one in the pic prob tastes good.

tbh I'm not a sucker for looks on a dish man. If we're talking taste and experience Ethio restaurants got that.

idk where u live but Cadaans in London go to Ethio restaurants regularly and eat well. They like that shit.

Whatever satisfies ur palate tho lol
@Tukraq this guy is basing it off the opinion of cadaans aka the folks of salt and pepper. :mjlol:

Apollo

VIP
Most cuisines are more or less cultural appropriation from neighbors. I don't get why people get so uppity about this.

Moroccan food is largely based on Southern European and Middle Eastern cuisine.

Ethiopian restraunts are globally known as bad tasting lol, being global docent change the taste, originality docent matter with taste either as they are originally nasty, like yeah raw meat may have been an original thought docent make it a good one, we also have way more diverse meals wtf, Italian is known as number one and we literally have slightly tuned meals of theres, by far best in Africa
Damn nigga y u hating their food lol. sbx u know Ethio restaurants have good reputations, even Somaliland has a few :ftw9nwa:

But it's not even about raw meat lol. Raw meat is nothing, their menu is full of dishes lol if u don't like raw meat then don't order it lol. Japs eat raw fish too saxib. :manny:

Our dishes are delicious too but half of them aren't even native to the horn. If it wasn't for the few touches and recipes we added it would just be classified as Indian food lol.

Tukraq

VIP
Damn nigga y u hating their food lol. sbx u know Ethio restaurants have good reputations, even Somaliland has a few :ftw9nwa:

But it's not even about raw meat lol. Raw meat is nothing, their menu is full of dishes lol if u don't like raw meat then don't order it lol. Japs eat raw fish too saxib. :manny:

Our dishes are delicious too but half of them aren't even native to the horn. If it wasn't for the few touches and recipes we added it would just be classified as Indian food lol.
Ethiopian food is average for Africa, somali food is top 5 world wide, just because they don't market it docent mean its not, we have better food then India as even out similar dishes are better i.e. sambus, this is what happens when you were an ancient food hub, (best food of arabia and South Asia and east Africa seaboard), and full Italian cuisine(best in the world) to chose from and create as a baseline from there we created our own versions with some original dishes for a top 5 world cuisine

Apollo

VIP
Ethiopian food is average for Africa, somali food is top 5 world wide, just because they don't market it docent mean its not, we have better food then India as even out similar dishes are better i.e. sambus, this is what happens when you were an ancient food hub, (best food of arabia and South Asia and east Africa seaboard), and full Italian cuisine(best in the world) to chose from and create as a baseline from there we created our own versions with some original dishes for a top 5 world cuisine

Benadiris profit the most from Somali restaurants in the diaspora. :ftw9nwa: The lamagoodles don't open as many restaurants.

Tukraq

VIP
Benadiris profit the most from Somali restaurants in the diaspora. :ftw9nwa: The lamagoodles don't open as many restaurants.
yup they're very good with the sweets, one of the most presentable cuisines, at cultural nights you know which stand get the most love everyone going for the halwa and sambusas, the Indian Stand has there samosa but nobody likes it (hard texture with potatoes and vegetables inside:susp:), imagine serving injera lol I doubt anyone would go near

You're trolling right? I know I didn't read what I just read :dead:

"top 5 in the world" :drakekidding:

"full italian cuisine to choose from" nigga we stole a couple of their plates, Italian cuisine is huge. Even the word 'suugo' is copied from the word 'sugo' wich in Italian means sauce, commonly referring to tomatoe sauce on pasta.

Tukraq

VIP
You're trolling right? I know I didn't read what I just read :dead:

"top 5 in the world" :drakekidding:

"full italian cuisine to choose from" nigga we stole a couple of their plates, Italian cuisine is huge. Even the word 'suugo' is copied from the word 'sugo' wich in Italian means sauce, commonly referring to tomatoe sauce on pasta.
Italian cuisine is huge but we've incorporated it all and gave it some twists, like I said originality dosent matter only taste, were top 5 worldwide in that department

Trending