Twitter user says Somalis have the best food in Africa; many disagree

Everyone has different gastronomical tastes and the more one gets out of their comfort zone and tries other cuisines, the more they would enjoy it and become addicted to some of it. For example, as a kid, I never liked pizzas and olives, but now, I’m addicted to both of them. Having said that, we suck at vegetarian dishes and we don’t have one single vegetarian dish, but just a generic one called dalac bilaash which is tomatoes, onions and a ton of oil. I prefer pasta and pesto. It takes less than ten minutes to prepare it and costs less than $3 for one person. Far tastier and healthier than a dalac bilaash pasta dish. Comparing North African dishes to ours is a major sin. Gaal dil, gartiisana sii.

Tukraq

VIP
Everyone has different gastronomical tastes and the more one gets out of their comfort zone and tries other cuisines, the more they would enjoy it and become addicted to some of it. For example, as a kid, I never liked pizzas and olives, but now, I’m addicted to both of them. Having said that, we suck at vegetarian dishes and we don’t have one single vegetarian dish, but just a generic one called dalac bilaash which is tomatoes, onions and a ton of oil. I prefer pasta and pesto. It takes less than ten minutes to prepare it and costs less than $3 for one person. Far tastier and healthier than a dalac bilaash pasta dish. Comparing North African dishes to ours is a major sin. Gaal dil, gartiisana sii.
pasta and pesto is somali food too, we have that in our cuisine, and North African food looks like leftovers ours is far superior

Tukraq

VIP
Also I would like to add a developed country can play more with it's cuisine markaa they have not felt Somali cuisine yet it's still at it's prime and already superior, waa GOB above GOB and once development is at an all time high they will orgasm just by smelling the dishes , real nigga shit.
sxb it has billion dollar potential written all over it for whoever opens a proper restaurant in the US i.e. the taco bell or Panda Express of somali food, one eedo took her cooking to Japan and had several blocks que for her cooking

VixR

Veritas
I tried Jollof rice at a Nigerian’s house for the first time literally two weeks ago. Looked similar to this, only it had shrimp cooked in with the rice, and a sauce with chunky beef pieces in a red sauce:
post_1925490.jpeg

It was good! The only thing I didn’t like about it was the consistency of their rice. It’s super thick. I’m used to thin basmati type rice.

Tukraq

VIP
@Tukraq

Where in Somalia do they eat pasta and pesto? Never mind, it must be in Gaalkacayo.
did you think we only ate cambullo or something? is that what you grew up on:mjlol:
we have a diverse cuisine some grew on the less favorable stuff and thus have a bad outlook on our food, id hate it too if I only ate things like cambullo and not like say somali lasagna and icun or shikamo

did you think we only ate cambullo or something? is that what you grew up on:mjlol:
we have a diverse cuisine some grew on the less favorable stuff and thus have a bad outlook on our food, id hate it too if I only ate things like cambullo and not like say somali lasagna and icun or shikamo

@Tukraq

We reduced pasta to just baasto, it could come with ribs, leg of a lamb, chunks of meat, carrots, potatoes and the Italians have so far very being very patient with us with the cultural genocide that we have caused to their most beloved dish. Let’s not culturally dismember lasagna.

Tukraq

VIP
@Tukraq

We reduced pasta to just baasto, it could come with ribs, leg of a lamb, chunks of meat, carrots, potatoes and the Italians have so far very being very patient with us with the cultural genocide that we have caused to their most beloved dish. Let’s not culturally dismember lasagna.
too late we have, they didn't only introduce pasta lol and whats with your hate for meat?:ayaanswag: the best food from gods creation

Vanessa

Support interracial love 💕
VIP
@Yusra Luuza

The sight of that meat literally made me physically sick and why the chips on top of the plate? No wonder then, Somalis are becoming more obese. That dish must be named ‘revenge of the gaajada’. All things considered in this dish.
Wallahi, I don’t eat takeouts a lot but every Friday night I eat baris iyo hilib. If I finish work early on Friday I cook hilib geel and maraq.

Some are potatoes and same are yellow capsicums. You never had chips and khudaar on top of baris?

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
yup be honest sxb there food is nasty, thats what I hear from caddans that go there the madows roast it to the shadow realm
800px-Eritrean_food_on_an_injeera.jpg

this is just not appetizing lol
I wouldn't feed that to my worse enemy. I would have to be forced by gunpoint to eat that.

wawenka

Guul Ama Geeri
NA have a superiority complex like the somalis. But unlike us they actually have preserved their culture, country, and don't destroy their heritage. Moroccan food is absolutely delicious and the presentation classy and elegant.
Don't exaggerate sister. No denying that their food contains a lot of nutritions. But somali biryani camel calf with raw onion basbaas, salad banana and a fresh cup of caano gaaror beats any maghribi dish any day

Trending