Twitter storm over "hijacked Somali culture"

How much do you think? Its the lost western youth and the Ayan Hirsi I am thinking
Somalis back home? Maybe around 60% follow Islam. In the west it's around 60% too. People think the diaspora is lost and shout it for banter but deep inside we all know how disgusting they are back home too. The western ones commit zina but back home it's pure uglyness and evil.

Where does it say anything about wearing jilbaab in the Quran, the Quran tells us to cover up...

I want an ayah that specifically says that Muslim women should wear Jilbaab. @Samaalic Era @TekNiKo @Yibir Huur

Again an ayah or Hadith that tells women to wear jilbaab..

You chauvinistic pigs. Don't try to hide behind the religion to control women. FOH.

iQJTrDX_d.jpg

The plural of jilbāb, jalabib, is found in the Qur'an, verse 33:59 (Surah Al-Ahzab). A popular translation by Yusuf Ali goes of the transliterated Arabic goes,

O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their [jalabib] (Jilbabs) over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

This is the following from the Quran which explains how a Muslim woman must act and dress:

"Tell the believing men that they shall subdue their eyes (and not stare at the women), and to maintain their chastity. This is purer for them. God is fully Cognizant of everything they do. And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, other women, the male servants or employees whose sexual drive has been nullified, or the children who have not reached puberty. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to GOD, O you believers, that you may succeed." (Quran 24:30-31)

A number of hadith commenting on the above verse of the Qur'an (33:59) mention the jilbab.
Narrated Safiyah bint Shaibah: 'Aishaused to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their jalabib over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces." (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number #282)

Narrated Umm Atiyya: We were ordered to bring out our menstruating women and screened women to the religious gatherings and invocation of the Muslims on the two Eid festivals. These menstruating women were to keep away from the musalla. A woman asked, "O Messenger of Allah! What about one who does not have a jilbab?". He said, "Let her borrow the jilbab of her companion". (Sahih Bukhari, Book 8, #347)

Challenge complete.:win:

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
The mothers of mumineen are the example for all women to follow sxb
Was there not a special reason as to why they wore it? Other women would have been encouraged to do so and would have emulated them at that contemporary time

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Somalis back home? Maybe around 60% follow Islam. In the west it's around 60% too. People think the diaspora is lost and shout it for banter but deep inside we all know how disgusting they are back home too. The western ones commit zina but back home it's pure uglyness and evil.
Okay, let me ask you to reiterate your question. Are you talking about practising Islam or believing in its core tenents? I defined the 99% as the latter while it looks like you're describing the former

Okay, let me ask you to reiterate your question. Are you talking about practising Islam or believing in its core tenents? I defined the 99% as the latter while it looks like you're describing the former
I'm talking about putting it into practice. Otherwise every Somali drug dealer and gangbanger is Muslim cus they "believe in the 5 pillars"...u get me?

VixR

Veritas
loool but u gotta admit ur vendetta leads u to half assed arguments at times! you're supposed to be the logical, smart xalimo! :siilaanyosmile:
The fact that you criticize a dirty post by a hijabed Somali girl on one hand, and post provocative videos of Habesha girls approvingly on the other has everything to do with I’m getting to, and it’s in all of you.

Because, I don’t wear hijab and dress the way I do, “I’m easy”, but the hijabed girl is “virtuous”, and you want both and neither, and have different extreme expectations of both. You’re poor, unreliable judges of character in terms of what you see.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
The fact that you criticize a dirty post by a hijabed Somali girl on one hand, and post provocative videos of Habesha girls approvingly on the other has everything to do with I’m getting to, and it’s in all of you.

Because, I don’t wear hijab and dress the way I do, “I’m easy”, but the hijabed girl is “virtuous”, and you want both and neither, and have different extreme expectations of both. You’re poor judges of character in terms of what you see.
Its Waaqo

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP

Because, I don’t wear hijab and dress the way I do, “I’m easy”, but the hijabed girl is “virtuous”, and you want both and neither, and have different extreme expectations of both. You’re poor, unreliable judges of character in terms of what you see.
Are you talking about the backshot by the Macalin lady?

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
The plural of jilbāb, jalabib, is found in the Qur'an, verse 33:59 (Surah Al-Ahzab). A popular translation by Yusuf Ali goes of the transliterated Arabic goes,

O Prophet! Tell thy wives and daughters, and the believing women, that they should cast their [jalabib] (Jilbabs) over their persons (when abroad): that is most convenient, that they should be known (as such) and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

This is the following from the Quran which explains how a Muslim woman must act and dress:

"Tell the believing men that they shall subdue their eyes (and not stare at the women), and to maintain their chastity. This is purer for them. God is fully Cognizant of everything they do. And tell the believing women to subdue their eyes, and maintain their chastity. They shall not reveal any parts of their bodies, except that which is necessary. They shall cover their chests, and shall not relax this code in the presence of other than their husbands, their fathers, the fathers of their husbands, their sons, the sons of their husbands, their brothers, the sons of their brothers, the sons of their sisters, other women, the male servants or employees whose sexual drive has been nullified, or the children who have not reached puberty. They shall not strike their feet when they walk in order to shake and reveal certain details of their bodies. All of you shall repent to GOD, O you believers, that you may succeed." (Quran 24:30-31)

A number of hadith commenting on the above verse of the Qur'an (33:59) mention the jilbab.
Narrated Safiyah bint Shaibah: 'Aishaused to say: "When (the Verse): "They should draw their jalabib over their necks and bosoms," was revealed, (the ladies) cut their waist sheets at the edges and covered their faces with the cut pieces." (Sahih Bukhari, Volume 6, Book 60, Number #282)

Narrated Umm Atiyya: We were ordered to bring out our menstruating women and screened women to the religious gatherings and invocation of the Muslims on the two Eid festivals. These menstruating women were to keep away from the musalla. A woman asked, "O Messenger of Allah! What about one who does not have a jilbab?". He said, "Let her borrow the jilbab of her companion". (Sahih Bukhari, Book 8, #347)

Challenge complete.:win:
Challenge not completed.

I've won this argument fair and square.

VixR

Veritas
I think a woman who wears niqab is more free as men have to judge her by her personality not the depth of her cleavage or the size of her derrier. Its truly liberating:):)
They’re not more free, they’re just invisible. As you wish them to be. Literally reduced to a black blob scurrying around.