Twitter storm over "hijacked Somali culture"

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
They’re not more free, they’re just invisible. As you wish them to be.
Not really, for their husbands, fathers and brothers they can wear whatever they want. Our women are not for the public eye, i.e a gift wrapped in giftwrap, a pearl in its shell, she is special:icon e smile:

TekNiKo

VIP
How? :what:

You issued a challenge where in the Quran or Hadith where Jilbab was stated and I did.
This is why I didnt respond, the word جَلاَبِيْبٌ is literally used in the Quran, the plural version of jilbaab. Its quite shocking really the denial

TekNiKo

VIP
They’re not more free, they’re just invisible. As you wish them to be. Literally reduced to a black blob scurrying around.
What is your definition of free sis? Displaying your ornaments for all men to drool over?

The fact that you criticize a dirty post by a hijabed Somali girl on one hand, and post provocative videos of Habesha girls approvingly on the other has everything to do with I’m getting to, and it’s in all of you.
Oh look at you, falling into your own traps. Where did I criticise the xalimo? I just posted her twitter post without saying a word! I found it amusing if anything. You can't call me a hypocrite for posting those xabashi tings because, firstly, that was the point of the thread. Secondly, you can't compare the two! making ugly and heretical comments that offend Islamic teachers and posting pics of women on a forum aren't comparable! your analytical thinking ain't much to be desired if this is all you could cook up missus!

Because, I don’t wear hijab and dress the way I do, “I’m easy”, but the hijabed girl is “virtuous”, and you want both and neither, and have different extreme expectations of both. You’re poor judges of character in terms of what you see.
I never made those comments and nor do I believe in that mindset. You're either shortsighted or foolish for making these silly assumptions.

Go and face the wall right now @VixR you're in punishment!

People say something on Twitter to look woke but end up being hypocritical . Let’s face it Somali fashion industry died with globalization. There was even a video about weavers losing their business due to imports. . One thing this person on Twitter doesn’t talk about is western influences on clothing and is only going off on Islamic influences. She’s very bias.
1BEAD896-1C19-45AC-889B-EAB3CCB433EE.jpeg

You see what the men are wearing, shirts and pants. Is that Somali culture?No. is that Arab culture? No. Yep, it’s your everyday western clothes. Welcome to Globalization. As you can see, she only gets outraged when it has to do with Islamic influenced clothes, which makes her post biased.

Why is she biased? Well, the Somali fashion industry died. If people care about culture or Somali fashion they would support traditional weavers or come up with modern ways to assemble clothes and come up with new fashion ideas. But as you can see that’s not her point her point is to say Islam killed Somali’s culture. She doesn’t come up with new ideas. Doesn’t know much about the fashion industry in Somalia or why it died. Probably, doesn’t even support people who are trying to revive it, and she probably wears westernized clothing. How, hypocritical for someone who talks about the death of Somali traditional clothing but wears westernized clothing. Where’s the support miss? Is her 2 cents a tweet?
3A6CB510-E290-48BC-945A-B1A6B80A7B69.jpeg

People say something on Twitter to look woke but end up being hypocritical . Let’s face it Somali fashion industry died with globalization. There was even a video about weavers losing their business due to imports. . One thing this person on Twitter doesn’t talk about is western influences on clothing and is only going off on Islamic influences. She’s very bias.
View attachment 85924
You see what the men are wearing, shirts and pants. Is that Somali culture?No. is that Islamic culture? No. Yep, it’s your everyday western clothes. Welcome to Globalization. As you can see, she only gets outraged when it has to do with Islamic influenced clothes, which makes her post biased.

Why is she biased? Well, the Somali fashion industry died. If people care about culture or Somali fashion they would support traditional weavers or come up with modern ways to assemble clothes and come up with new fashion ideas. But as you can see that’s not her point her point is to say Islam killed Somali’s culture. She doesn’t come up with new ideas. Doesn’t know much about the fashion industry in Somalia or why it died. Probably, doesn’t even support people who are trying to revive it, and she probably wears westernized clothing. How, hypocritical for someone who talks about the death of Somali traditional clothing but wears westernized clothing. Where’s the support miss? Is her 2 cents a tweet?
View attachment 85933
you're smarter than the average sspot gal

Timo Jareer and proud

2nd Emir of the Akh Right Movement
View attachment 85924
You see what the men are wearing, shirts and pants. Is that Somali culture?No. is that Arab culture? No. Yep, it’s your everyday western clothes. Welcome to Globalization. As you can see, she only gets outraged when it has to do with Islamic influenced clothes, which makes her post biased.

View attachment 85933
:qri8gs7::qri8gs7::qri8gs7:

Abu_Adnan

You have nothing to lose but your chains
I don't believe his comment was racist at all Arabs are very blunt even before Islam they tell themselves they were animals it's normal and he's right hes a FOB he cant come out of his words he meant behaviour I knew that without him even saying
He is absolutely right. Jahiliyyah of your creator his message is the worst thing to befall a society.

IftiinOfLife

Raw Hard Truth
if somali women want freedom in somalia, they have to go and TAKE IT

complaining on twitter aint gonna do nothing lol.

Actually go to somalia and free your sisters if you truly care about them.

Abu_Adnan

You have nothing to lose but your chains
How? :what:

You issued a challenge where in the Quran or Hadith where Jilbab was stated and I did. Your just shifted the goalpost.
That's typical liberal Muslim stuff. They hate it when you actually bring dalil from the Qur'an and the Sunnah that supports a "conservative" (AKA actually Islamic) opinion. To me, those ahadith are pretty definitive proof that niqab is wajib. Its like saying we don't have to do salat even though it was practiced back then, and then saying "bring proof that salat was practiced by the Prophet (saw)". Jazak Allah khayr for this refutation brother!

Latest posts