Traditional men.

Xaruun

VIP
Source or speculation?
1610638129657.png

But if she’s working and contributing nothing then she’s equally as likely to cheat as a housewife.

I’ve only been here a few months and these in my opinion are probably the most reoccurring threads I see on SSpot;
•Gender Bait Threads (Farahs vs Halimos)
•Identity crisis threads (African or Arab)
•Tribal bait threads as known as FKD
• Somali Geopolitics FKD my shanty town is better than your shanty town.
•Religon bait threads by alleged ex Muslims
•Threads about homosexuality
•Theeads about relationships & marriage

Boogie

Islam wins doesnt take Ls Long Live Somalia 🇸🇴
I’ve only been here a few months and these in my opinion are probably the most reoccurring threads I see on SSpot;
•Gender Bait Threads (Farahs vs Halimos)
•Identity crisis threads (African or Arab)
•Tribal bait threads as known as FKD
• Somali Geopolitics FKD my shanty town is better than your shanty town.
•Religon bait threads by alleged ex Muslims
•Threads about homosexuality
•Theeads about relationships & marriage
Very repetitive

Hodan from HR

Be Kind Online.
Staff Member
I personally believe marriage is best when it is between two strong and independent individuals. In the relationship, couples can let go of what they usually do for themselves and trust their partner to do it for them. Each focusses on what their strenghts are in the marriage i.e; the man might focus on mowing the lawn since he is physically stronger and the woman does most of the cooking if she is the better cook. However, on the event of something happening to the other like death, you can survive on your own. Interdependance rather than dependance. This can also apply financially, emotionally and so on..

Both understand relying on the other person makes life easy in many ways (thats why you marry someone you trust for the men worrying about her cheating on you with her coworkers ☹). If the couple decides the wife stops working to be a stay at home mom, it is not coming from a place of insecurity and control. The decision is made because it is what is best for the family.

Last edited:
I saw this statement and was reminded of @Win's thread. What do you think? Does it ring true?

'The traditional man wants a woman to be subservient, but he never falls in love with subservient women. He’s attracted to independent women. He’s like an ‘exotic bird collector.’ He only wants a woman who is free because his dream is to put her in a cage.’ - Patricia Noah

I can't help but feel that this statement accurately describes a good portion of self proclaimed traditional men, especially on sspot.
LOL thats not true no man is attracted to a independent woman its a turn off when it comes to marriage for just sex its ok but for marriage they want a good hearted wifey material woman

The "adults" acted like kids and the kids acted like adults. It's funny when @Angelina and @Desert Flower 's points were countered, they couldn't respond with a coherent argument so instead they started mentioning certain members age.

How childish....
:snoop:

I could come up with several points. Also, he never countered any of my points as he misunderstood them and made it personal. Reading really isn't people's strong points here.

The fact of the matter is that i'm not going to debate with 13 year olds and 15 year olds. I stopped when someone pointed out that the majority are very young.

I could come up with several points. Also, he never countered any of my points as he misunderstood them and made it personal. Reading really isn't people's strong points here.

The fact of the matter is that i'm not going to debate with 13 year olds and 15 year olds. I stopped when someone pointed out that the majority are very young.
You clearly have a problem with men wanting an obedient wife. Something that's islamicly correct by the way.

Being an obedient wife, doesn't mean you can't be independent. I have no idea why you seem to think it's one way or the other.

You clearly have a problem with men wanting an obedient wife. Something that's islamicly correct by the way.

Being an obedient wife, doesn't mean you can't be independent. I have no idea why you seem to think it's one way or the other.

Again, you too have comprehension problems. Read my first reply to @Revolutionary and then come back to me.

Also, read my reply to @Win as well.

This is why I refuse to go back and forth with kids. No one seems to read or actually take in the info at hand.

Again, you too have comprehension problems. Read my first reply to @Revolutionary and then come back to me.

Also, read my reply to @Win as well.

This is why I refuse to go back and forth with kids. No one seems to read or actually take in the info at hand.
Kids kulaha...... I'm 24. That line unfortunately for you doesn't work with me.
:mjlol:
And yes I have read your replies. All you do is generalize men based on what "traditional" men do in your experience. The world doesn't revolve around you abayo, just because you've seen a couple of men abuse and control some women doesn't mean anything in my opinion. What we're talking about is following the Islamic teachings taught by our prophet.

It's weird that whenever we're talking about this topic regarding a Muslim man wanting a obedient wife, people like you bring examples of men physically and emotionally abusing women. That's besides the point though is it? I find it weird that you lot associate basic Islamic principles with khasaaro that clearly do things that are not in line with our beliefs.

P.S. can you please tell me the purpose of why you've made this thread and actually posted a quote that's not in line with our beliefs? We don't believe in having a subservient wife, there is a clear difference between being subservient and being obedient.

Trending