The negative impacts of feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard stories of women throwing hot oil on their spouses for hearing about a 2nd marriage. Who really subscribes to the happily ever after? If anything our gen has probably become more jaded. Only difference is we're much more likely to leave.
Loool. It is usually Biyo Kulul.

You know what I mean, the thought of ending up in a polygamous marriage is alien to them. The older FOB generation had that fear haunting them especially if the husband acquired wealth etc.

I have a Freshly female cousin based here, she outright said Ama make sure the Nicca doesn't have a lot of savings when she got married. She told me of horror stories of wives helping their husbands save money only to hitch up with another wife back home.

Loool. It is usually Biyo Kulul.

You know what I mean, the thought of ending up in a polygamous marriage is alien to them. The older FOB generation had that fear haunting them especially if the husband acquired wealth etc.

I have a Freshly female cousin based here, she outright said Ama make sure the Nicca doesn't have a lot of savings when she got married. She told me of horror stories of wives helping their husbands save money only to hitch up with another wife back home.
That is a fear of any Somali girl Western raised or not tbh. Women are by nature rather giving and nurturing, but if you know that thinking about your husband's pockets isn't going to benefit you and you're told that alimony is haram, then you end up thinking this way or maybe being a bit mercenary and marrying a man with a lot of money will save you a headache becauase if he does marry again, its not as if you've suffered with him out of love and helped him to increase his wealth by denying yourself a lot of things.

That is a fear of any Somali girl Western raised or not tbh. Women are by nature rather giving and nurturing, but if you know that thinking about your husband's pockets isn't going to benefit you and you're told that alimony is haram, then you end up thinking this way or maybe being a bit mercenary and marrying a man with a lot of money will save you a headache becauase if he does marry again, its not as if you've suffered with him out of love and helped him to increase his wealth by denying yourself a lot of things.
Most of the Gen Z guys and even late millennials born and raised in the West don't seem as keen on polygamy as traditionally minded older Somalis from what I have seen. So why the fear?

There are exceptions, the culturally minded who visit back home etc.

Most of the Gen Z guys and even late millennials born and raised in the West don't seem as keen on polygamy as traditionally minded older Somalis from what I have seen. So why the fear?
A lot of men love the idea of variety. The main difference is that those that are Western raised probably wouldn't dabble in it unless they were really financially secure unlike fobs and older gen whom some are shameful enough to marry with hardly any savings.

All it takes is for them to be doing very well, get to their 40s in which they're having a midlife crisis and many will marry again.

Even on this forum, many of these guys are young and often talk about oneday being polygamous, even if they're joking its a valid desire they have that can definitely come into fruitation.

I am proud of all of you, this has been a rather civilised debate.
A lot of men love the idea of variety. The main difference is that those that are Western raised probably wouldn't dabble in it unless they were really financially secure unlike fobs and older gen whom some are shameful enough to marry with hardly any savings.

All it takes is for them to be doing very well, get to their 40s in which they're having a midlife crisis and many will marry again.

Even on this forum, many of these guys are young and often talk about oneday being polygamous, even if they're joking its a valid desire they have that can definitely come into fruitation.
Fair enough. You got a point there but these guys online are not representative of the wider world. Many are having banter for sure. Don't be so pessimistic. Khayr insha Allah walaal!

Last edited:

in reality noone does polygyny in the west
its almost impossible to find ppl do it, even muslims.

Psychologist

Changemaker
Feminism agenda is a society where there are no gender roles, no religion, abortions are legal and society slowly decays
Gender roles aren't important and most of them are not it. no religion what? people who their own brain to think for themselves. abortion are human rights, no one should be born when they aren't needed. Society isn't going to collapse because of giving everyone the rights they deserve
they seek to change society and the religion and nothing more
For the better for everyone

Gender roles aren't important and most of them are not it. no religion what? people who their own brain to think for themselves. abortion are human rights, no one should be born when they aren't needed. Society isn't going to collapse because of giving everyone the rights they deserve

Ur a gaalo aren tu

Lololollo here comes the redditor athiest, gender roles and abortion rights have nothing to do religion your secularism gives you no intellectual authority

Give the baby its human rights first then talk LOL

Clearly there are differences of opinions. Even in the Hanbali school of thought they think it is better to marry one.
Ibn Qudaamah] from the Hanbali School of jurisprudence, said in Ash-Sharh Al-Kabeer: “It is more appropriate to marry only one wife.

Finally, Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen said: “It is safer to restrict oneself to only one wife

Anyways people are free to do what they want as long as they have time and resources.

Also, women can put a polygamy clause in their marriage contract.

Women putting a clause in the nikaax contract contradicts what Allah (swt) had already made halal: Polygamy. However, if the man isn't fulfilling her rights, then those are grounds for divorce. Simply, a man taking a second or 3rd or 4th wife - as long as he has the financial resources - doesn't provide grounds for divoce.

Psychologist

Changemaker
Ur a gaalo aren tu
Huh?
Lololollo here comes the redditor athiest, gender roles and abortion rights have nothing to do religion your secularism gives you no intellectual authority
You dumb? when did i say religion had some to do with abortion rights?
Feminism agenda is a society where there are no gender roles, no religion, abortions are legal and society slowly decays.
and this is what i said
no religion what? people who their own brain to think for themselves. abortion are human rights, no one should be born when they aren't needed.
When did I brought religion to my argument why abortion are human rights?

Read before you go on typing something

Women putting a clause in the nikaax contract contradicts what Allah (swt) had already made halal: Polygamy. However, if the man isn't fulfilling her rights, then those are grounds for divorce. Simply, a man taking a second or 3rd or 4th wife - as long as he has the financial resources - doesn't provide grounds for divoce.
Its islamically allowed for a women to put that in her clause but at the same time its becoming a common phenomenon which is abit concerning

Psychologist

Changemaker
Give the baby its human rights first then talk LOL
rights to fetus? i don't think any kid would be happy being in place where they aren't needed.

no one including you, would love to be at place they aren't wanted. its better to abort the fetus before anything else goes wrong.

if you care so much about kids, go do something for those that were born as mistake, and the millions of kids that are homeless everywhere in this horrible world

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts