The negative impacts of feminism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: Is plural marriage permissible in Islam or is it Sunnah?

He replied: Plural marriage is Sunnah for the one who can afford it. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (slaves) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from doing injustice”

[al-Nisa’ 4:3]

And it is Sunnah because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did it. He had nine wives and Allaah benefited the ummah through them. This is one of the things that applied only to him (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). Other men are not allowed to have more than four wives.

There are many benefits in plural marriage for men and women and for the Muslim ummah as a whole. Plural marriage enables everyone to lower their gaze and guard their chastity, to have many children, and for a man to take care of many women and protect them from the causes of evil and deviation.
Ash Shafi'i (the madhab I follow and presuming most Somalis) states it's preferable to keep to one wife, so although there is a split in opinion I'd go off whatever school you follow

yh ik.
but ppl use there opinions to make polygyny seem haram and condemn anyone who does it, even advising ppl who can do it to not do it. I just see it as weird that ppl have so much aversion to polygyny due to there cultural values. they are hostile to the idea
I know, but the original poster was a man who is clearly not influenced by jealousy. In the Shafi and Hanbali madhab marrying only one is seen as better. Its mostly due to avoid the sin of treating one better than the other.

People, usually women simply have a personal aversion due to jealousy. A normal human feeling and we're from a community that abuses it. Eg broke men with no time or money marrying again ect. Those types of men really shouldn't be marrying again.

Anyways, people are free to do whatever as long as they follow the Islamic guidelines, whether it be marrying multiple or for women putting in a no polygamy clause.

I know, but the original poster was a man who is clearly not influenced by jealousy. In the Shafi and Hanbali madhab marrying only one is seen as better. Its mostly due to avoid the sin of treating one better than the other.

People, usually women simply have a personal aversion due to jealousy. A normal human feeling and we're from a community that abuses it. Eg broke men with no time or money marrying again ect. Those types of men really shouldn't be marrying again.

Anyways, people are free to do whatever as long as they follow the Islamic guidelines, whether it be marrying multiple or for women putting in a no polygamy clause.
Would you have a polygamy clause?

Not just Shafi, also Hanbali and a lot of the ones qouted are actually medieval scholars, so not modern at all.

the fatwa shows that there have been some scholars who said one is preferable but it isn't hasn't been shown that this is actually the view of any madhab, just the opinion of some scholars. I was wanting to know whether it has been shown that that is actually the view of the Shafi madhab.

Regardless i'd leave maybe. So clause or no clause. I don't think i can be happy in such a situation.
I wouldn't blame you, it can play on someone's mental health. It is the emotional betrayal aspect that has a greater toll as your generation is more 'love' orientated than previous ones. You mate for life like swans kinda thing.

the fatwa shows that there have been some scholars who said one is preferable but it isn't hasn't been shown that this is actually the view of any madhab, just the opinion of some scholars. I was wanting to know whether it has been shown that that is actually the view of the Shafi madhab.

Clearly talks about the Shafi view with the actual Madhab founder:
However, Ash-Shaafi’i is of the view that it is desirable to confine oneself to marrying only one although it is permissible for him to marry

Clearly talks about the Shafi view with the actual Madhab founder:
However, Ash-Shaafi’i is of the view that it is desirable to confine oneself to marrying only one although it is permissible for him to marry

yes, you are right... I was just about to correct myself... I was looking at it again and I saw that it did say Shafi did hold that view.

I wouldn't blame you, it can play on someone's mental health. It is the emotional betrayal aspect that has a greater toll as your generation is more 'love' orientated than previous ones. You mate for life like swans kinda thing.
Previous generations were just as jealous but had hardly anyway out due to finances and the society barring women from working. That is it.

No women on this earth really wants polygyny.
I dont think ull find a single xalimo in the west who would even entertain the idea. as soon as they hear another wife the divorce papers are ready
They are human beings and more pertinently they are monogamous in nature compared to men. Wallahi, Muslim or non Muslim, they are generally much more loyal than we are. If she bonds with you, there is a higher chance a woman will stand by an infertile husband than the other way round. I know one such Old Skool couple. That is such a sacrifice considering how women value motherhood.

Previous generations were just as jealous but had hardly anyway out due to finances and the society barring women from working. That is it.
Jealousy is real, no doubt but they did not subscribe to the Happily Ever After fairly tale. The Ayeeyos didn't anyway.

so ur saying if the woman had the ability to make money none of them would ever get married
Nah, they'd be able to exercise more freedom of staying in a polygamous marriage or not. I talk to some of my older ayeeyos friends and you can tell they're bitter about some of the things they've experienced.

red pill

verb
past tense: redpilled
  1. cause (someone) to have their perspective dramatically transformed, especially by introducing them to a new and typically disturbing understanding of the true nature of a particular situation.
    "they are talking about conspiracy theories and claim they have been red-pilled"

Jealousy is real, no doubt but they did not subscribe to the Happily Ever After fairly tale. The Ayeeyos didn't anyway.
I've heard stories of women throwing hot oil on their spouses for hearing about a 2nd marriage. Who really subscribes to the happily ever after? If anything our gen has probably become more jaded. Only difference is we're much more likely to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts