The little mermaid gets the worst qashin.

DEMOCRATS
Hide Reaction GIF by flor

Aegon

The Conqueror, King of all Westeros
There's plenty of African mythology and history to tell so why don't they do it instead of trying to change the story already established ? For the coherence of the story especially

Khanderson

Coping through the 1st world
LOOOL @K-M-O Angie even did Jerri curls for this role, yet you’ll not hear a peep from these racists and self haters.

Also, learn the difference between reality and fantasy.

also, understand that black peoples have hardly played as many white characters as white people have played ethnic minorities. Hollywood is white dominated, yet you want to protest for white representation in an industry OWNED by whites.

get a bit of self-respect. They don’t need you, they call the shots.

White people playing ethnic minorities has always and should always be looked down upon.

but that doesn’t mean black should be excused.

we wanted every demographics to get their fair share of criticism.

I’m calling out both sides: but you are spewing the liberals rhetoric.

Nah, I was just saying that POCs having their roles taken by whites is bad but I’m not gonna include Somalis in that list because we’re actually white.

I have no problem with a Somali role being played by Bradley Cooper because it shows how we really look like.

:draketf:
I think it’s safe to say, we’re not debating with the sharpest tools in the shed.
White people playing ethnic minorities has always and should always be looked down upon.

but that doesn’t mean black should be excused.

we wanted every demographics to get their fair share of criticism.

I’m calling out both sides: but you are spewing the liberals rhetoric.
Nope what I’m ‘spewing’ is common sense. The industry is owned by whites. Here are the facts:

1. The vast majority of movies even the ones with black people playing white characters are still 95-98% white cast.

2. The movie industry is at least 90% or more white.

3. When whites play black characters it is worse, because guess what? There will literally be no to very little ethnic characters. Can you say that when there are black leads? No there will still be majority white representation.

4. fantasy isn’t the same as real life. I am against black people playing real life historical figures like that silly new Anne Boleyn movie. But in the world of dragons, singing half human fishes, why does color matter, you’re already watching the impossible mate.

5. The producers, directors and the vast majority of people behind the scenes are all white peoples. They’re doing it because ethnics are a growing money making demographic, but they’re too lazy to try something new and tbh, Hollywood in general has just been churning out remakes over remarks which shows how money hungry they are rather than showing new original stories.

Shimbiris

بىَر غىَل إيؤ عآنؤ لؤ
VIP
I don't understand folks, wallahi. Are they purposely being obtuse? If I were part of the ethnic majority of the country with most of the wealth and political power I'd understand the need to give some respect and deference to ethnic minorities, especially ones our ancestors enslaved and to this day economically sabotaged and inconvenienced. It's called xishood, yakhi. White trash reer baadiyo whites, wallahi.

It's why I always wonder if the white dude talking was dropped as a child or is being idiotic on purpose when they say shit like "Why can't whites say they're proud to be white?" cos, nigga, that's like me flashing my wings at some poor Bantu saaxiib in Somalia. He has nothing, his community is poorer and weaker than yours and outnumbered and, worse yet, your ancestors used to routinely f*ck his up (as slaves!) so his bravado about being a "proud black man" is just an attempt to uplift himself and regain some semblance of his humanity. Why would you need to uplift yourself? You're on cloud 9 already compared to him. Do you not see how tasteless it is for you to act "proud" and flaunt anything at him? Just shut the f*ck up, drink your strawberry milkshake or whatever you cadaans drink and again, shut the f*ck up. La xawla.

Khanderson

5. The producers, directors and the vast majority of people behind the scenes are all white peoples.
They’re doing it because ethnics are a growing money making demographic, but they’re too lazy to try something new and tbh, Hollywood in general has just been churning out remakes over remarks which shows how money hungry they are rather than showing new original stories.

I agree with you on your 5th sentence:

“Hollywood in general has just been churning out remakes over remarks which shows how money hungry they are rather than showing new original stories.”

that’s actually my whole point of my thread:

they’re doing this just to take advantage on minorities: this is a divide and conquer arguments.

I love calling out the double standards: from both sides.

I think is right for me to call out the weird phenomena

alien

📍outer space
VIP
these adults are only hating cause of nostalgia. the target audience wont care whether ariel is black white or asian. the role should went to whoever gave the best acting

alien

📍outer space
VIP
if this was a one time occasion I would’ve agreed with you: where they’re probably overreacting as you just put it.

but this has been going on for decades.

the phenomena: where black people take white role characters is real:

View attachment 237843
lmaoo adding starfire as if she isnt an alien tamaranean. also in the first comics shes shown with long curly hair. and her brother has dreadlocks. so its not insane to cast her as black

49CFD4CA-5CE5-41D4-A20C-DF59768AD407.jpeg

AbdiFreedom

Staff Member
This has nothing to do with racism but people fed up of woke garbage. 1M downvoters are not racist. If you want to see real racism, it's shown by the majority of people on this thread regularly who hate Bantus. You are the real racists. You cry when Bantus play Somalis in Hollywood productions and in video games.

Khanderson

I don't understand folks, wallahi. Are they purposely being obtuse? If I were part of the ethnic majority of the country with most of the wealth and political power I'd understand the need to give some respect and deference to ethnic minorities, especially ones our ancestors enslaved and to this day economically sabotaged and inconvenienced. It's called xishood, yakhi. White trash reer baadiyo whites, wallahi.

It's why I always wonder if the white dude talking was dropped as a child or is being idiotic on purpose when they say shit like "Why can't whites say they're proud to be white?" cos, nigga, that's like me flashing my wings at some poor Bantu saaxiib in Somalia. He has nothing, his community is poorer and weaker than yours and outnumbered and, worse yet, your ancestors used to routinely f*ck his up (as slaves!) so his bravado about being a "proud black man" is just an attempt to uplift himself and regain some semblance of his humanity. Why would you need to uplift yourself? You're on cloud 9 already compared to him. Do you not see how tasteless it is for you to act "proud" and flaunt anything at him? Just shut the f*ck up, drink your strawberry milkshake or whatever you cadaans drink and again, shut the f*ck up. La xawla.

I sometimes don’t blame cadaans for saying: they’re proud to be cadaan.

since the Madows always guilt trip them.

for making them feel a shame of their race:

Is a Phenomena to make cadaan feel like shit: for the thing they didn’t do because of their reckless ancestors.

but I don’t feel sorry for them: since they always shit on us. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Last edited:

Trending