The Kingdom of Kush: Our ancestral homeland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExcessFame

True Villain
Walahi, you people never cease to amaze me...There is no room for learning a proper discussion on here. Instead, you resort to pathetic meme's mocking your own roots.
Are you all that ashamed? Is it that hard to believe your ancestors were apart of major African kingdom at some point?
The Somali self hate and nacasnimo has reached new levels. Smh.
I'm tired of "Is X black" or "Is Y black". People used to identify each other by their ethnicities before the cancerous black and white paradigm enveloped the Earth. Ancient Egypt was like the US of old; there were many different people of different ethnicities there, not just """black""".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DeathWish

Hotep and Hebrew Israelite
Ignorant fool, the Copts have no Greek or Arab admixture, they are more native to Egypt than the Arabized Muslim Egyptians who carry more foreign admixture.

Copts are the real Ancient Egyptians, study produced by a Sudanese University:

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep09996
Copts form a genetic cluster with the Beja! While the Arab Muslim Egyptians do not even form a cluster with Northeast Africans.

The Muslim Egyptians in Egypt are LESS Egyptian than the Copts. This is a hard fact.
Nope! I just went through the link that you provided and it says the Copts are closest with other Arabs.

"Copts, with a strong individual heterogeneity, are more similar to Arabs (FST = 0.019) than to any other East African population."
"Copts show a common ancestry with North African and Middle Eastern populations."
"The North African/Middle Eastern genetic component is identified especially in Copts."

"Nubians were influenced by Arabs as a direct result of the penetration of large numbers of Arabs into the Nile Valley over long periods of time following the arrival of Islam around 651 A.D"
(If the Arabs were able to mix with Nubians to the point that they now cluster with Arabs, imagine what they did to the Egyptians.)

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep09996
Thanks for the link, walaal! I will use it from now on!:rejoice:

I said deep origins. Somali's are a relatively recent ethnic group formed within the last 1000 years. Where did we originate from? All signs point to this region during this timeframe.

When you find out it don't matter because you're somali. Go find your local mirror and say "I am Somali 3x" maybe you'll accept it one day.

Merchant of Mogadishu

From Pella to Pattala, then back to Babylon
Walahi, you people never cease to amaze me...There is no room for learning a proper discussion on here. Instead, you resort to pathetic meme's mocking your own roots.
Are you all that ashamed? Is it that hard to believe your ancestors were apart of major African kingdom at some point?
The Somali self hate and nacasnimo has reached new levels. Smh.

In all seriousness, I don't think the kingdom of Kush is actually part of "Somali roots". Somalis aren't directly from kushites themselves, we have our own history that is just based in the horn and goes out to the Indian Ocean. If you want to talk about "Somali roots" then you should talk about the ancient Somali city states.

Last edited by a moderator:

Merca

Inactive.
I love how it became a thread about ancient Egypt though, so don't mistake my laughing-comment for something else.

Was this kingdom the ancestral home for all 'Cushitic people'? Are there any archaeological sites or findings of antique objects? It would be interesting if there are any that bear resemblance to Somali objects.

You're exactly the type of doqon I was ranting about in that post above. Be gone! Don't clog my thread with nonsense.

Lets be civil here and discuss this like adults. Why is me saying you're somali nonsense. You're a somali from Somalia. Did this statement piss you off so much? Don't all humans come from a common ancestor anyway? Smh

In all seriousness, I don't think the kingdom of Kush is actually part of "Somali roots". Somalis aren't directly from kushites themselves, we have our own history that is just based in the horn and goes out to the Indian Ocean. If you want to talk about "Somali roots" then you should talk about the ancient Somali city states.

Are you guys okay?? Somali's originate from the Red Sea region aka Nubia aka Kush aka Kerma. Thats where our origin lies along with ALL Cushitic speakers, its been proven through genetics even. Our ancestors moved down from there and settled in Somalia and eventually formed the Somali ethnic group.
So, yes, these are our roots. As is for Oromo's and many other ethnic groups in the Horn and North East Africa.

Lets be civil here and discuss this like adults. Why is me saying you're somali nonsense. You're a somali from Somalia. Did this statement piss you off so much? Don't all humans come from a common ancestor anyway? Smh
Waryaahe, ii dhegeyso. If you don't understand what I was doing with this thread, then you don't deserve internet privileges. Stop trying to be dense. I know I am a Somali, but you need to reread my posts a few more times cause waxba ma fahmaaysid.

Last edited:
I love how it became a thread about ancient Egypt though, so don't mistake my laughing-comment for something else.

Was this kingdom the ancestral home for all Cushitic people? Are there any archaeological sites or findings of antique objects? It would be interesting if there are any that bear resemblance to Somali objects.
Yeah, the Beja's have something to do with the land of Kush afaik. Ask sister @Beja about it. She's Beja and knows a bit more about it. They're also Cushitic speakers and have a better kept history.

Here is an Oromo speaking about their Kushite origins:
https://oromianeconomist.com/tag/kingdom-of-kush/

There is a lot more online.

Edit: Take a look at this as well
http://www.sacred-texts.com/afr/we/we05.htm
Its from a really old book, but it shows the extent of the Cushite expansion. It went way past where we would think.

Last edited:

Jjero

MO-G GROUPIE ♡
I'm tired of "Is X black" or "Is Y black". People used to identify each other by their ethnicities before the cancerous black and white paradigm enveloped the Earth. Ancient Egypt was like the US of old; there were many different people of different ethnicities there, not just """black""".

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
What the f*ck are you on about :damedamn:

upload_2017-10-7_9-15-57.jpeg

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...s/img/black-pharaohs-hdr-615.jpg&action=click

Statues of the kings of Kush.

https://www.phil.muni.cz/jazyk/files/AAmigrationsCORR.pdf

"To map the early Afroasiatic migrations, it is necessary to localize in space and time the Afroasiatic homeland.
The assumed locations usually correlate with the areas of individual branches:

"Cushitic/Omotic: North Sudan, Ethiopia and Eritrea between the Nile, Atbara and Red Sea Ehret (1979, 165); similarly Fleming (2006, 152 57)
Blench (2006). "

The "Horn" area under consideration for the Cushitic Uhrheimat does not include Somalia. Note additionally that Cruciani's "northeast" Africa is Libya and Egypt, also not Somalia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afroasiatic_Urheimat
-
"The Horn of Africa, particularly the area of Ethiopia and Eritrea, has been proposed by some linguists as the origin of the language group because it includes the majority of the diversity of the Afroasiatic language family and has very diverse groups in close geographic proximity, sometimes considered a telltale sign for a linguistic geographic origin. Within this hypothesis there are several variants:

• Christopher Ehret has proposed the western Red Sea coast from Eritrea to southeastern Egypt. While Ehret disputes Militarev's proposal that Proto-Afroasiatic shows signs of a common farming lexicon, he suggests that early Afroasiatic languages were involved in the even earlier development of intensive food collection in the areas of Ethiopia and Sudan. In other words, he proposes an even older age for Afroasiatic than Militarev, at least 15,000 years old and possibly older, and believes farming lexicon can only be reconstructed for branches of Afroasiatic.[11][12][13][14] But, the appearance of linguistic terms such as dog, bow, and arrow[15] in Proto-Afroasiatic makes a date earlier than 9,500 BC (coinciding with the end of the Younger Dryas) highly unlikely since dogs only appear at the earliest in the archaeological record after 12,000 BC in the Near East,[16] and arrowheads only appear after 9,500 BC in Africa[10] as a result of introduction from the Near East.[10] Although the fact that arrowheads are found at Lake Turkana and microlithic arrowheads appear in southern Africa (71,000 BP) and with the Aterian culture (30,000 BP) suggests that arrowheads may have been an African invention taken into the Near East by a pre-Afroasiatic late glacial migration. At the site of Nataruk in Turkana County, Kenya, obsidian bladelets found embedded in a skull and within the thoracic cavity of another skeleton, suggest the use of stone-tipped arrows as weapons.[17] After the end of the last glacial period, use of the bow seems to have spread to every inhabited continent, including the New World, except for Australia.[18]
    In the next phase, unlike many other authors Ehret proposed an initial split between northern, southern and Omotic. The northern group includes Semitic, Egyptian and Berber (agreeing with others such as Diakonoff). He proposed that Chadic stems from Berber (some other authors group it with southern Afroasiatic languages such as Cushitic ones).

• Roger Blench has proposed Southwestern Ethiopia, in or around the Omo Valley. Compared to Militarev and Ehret he proposed a relatively young time-depth of approximately 7,500 years. Like Ehret he accepts that Omotic is Afroasiatic and sees the split of northern languages from Omotic as an important early development, but he did not group Egyptian or Chadic with any of these."
The proto-Somalis were part of the Southeastern Cushitic migration up the Nile from the area of Kush that included the Oromo. Check out the remainder of this group in Ethiopia here:

http://countrystudies.us/ethiopia/50.htm

For the early Samaale migrations (E1b1b, only) see:

http://countrystudies.us/somalia/3.htm

The Samaale clans only go back to about 1200 AD. Hiil and Samaale may be slightly older, but no abtirsi is older than about 800 years.

Xaagi-Cagmadigtee

Guul ama Dhimasho
Ancient Egypt's history spans thousands of years, longer than Islam's existence, longer than Christianity in fact. Furthermore, it was at the crossroad of many civilizations. Hence the diversity in its gene pool.

Recent DNA analysis of pharaohs is misleading to extrapolate data toward eurocentric view. Early dynastic period and Old Kingdom ancient Egyptians were dark and brown. The new DNA findings in Upper Egypt were of much later times. So keep your white nigis in check Albino lovers.

VIP
I don't know about other people, but my ancestors were humble fishermen off the North Bari coast.

I just don't get, why people are soo eager to be linked with Ancient Civilizations, going back 2k+ years, while their current state is in utter shambles. It's like they're trying to make up for their current state, which is just damn right sad.

This is how I feel everytime these s long for the good ol days. Go fix your country and shut the f*ck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts