The "I'm not Black" Somalis

Status
Not open for further replies.

VixR

Veritas
I mean, you're calling yourself "Black" every time you fill out a form, or is there a "Somali" option for some of you..o_O

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
I'd immediately correct them.

:kanyeshrug:

Although it would never happen around here, people refer to us as Somali.

giphy.gif

I mean all my documents say I'm black.
And I consider myself black.
So why would I get offended if somebody called me black?
:ayaanswag:

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
In London you're all known as Somali's, pretty much everyone can tell:icon lol:

Good.

There's nothing more insane than referring to yourself as a color that makes no distinction between vast swathes of humanity that have very little to do each other.

In London, ajnabis rarely call Somalis "black". Back in the day, Somalis use to have tension with Jamaicans & people saw this as "Somalis vs blacks". Anyways to answer your question, i'd correct them & tell'em that me & these niggas ain't the same.
:win:

VixR

Veritas
In the UK most forms have Somali, Nigerian, Ghanaian, Pakistani, each of the East Asian countries.
Even a Kurdish option.:birdman:
That's impressive. There's no such distinction here, but you have the option of answering or choosing not to in most cases, or "Other".

Do you have an Ethiopian option too, or do you tick Black or Other?

DuctTape

I have an IQ of 300
In London, ajnabis rarely call Somalis "black". Back in the day, Somalis use to have tension with Jamaicans & people saw this as "Somalis vs blacks". Anyways to answer your question, i'd correct them & tell'em that me & these niggas ain't the same.
:win:
But we wuz both slaves
We iz kindred spirits :meleshame:

That's impressive. There's no such distinction here, but you have the option of answering or choosing not to in most cases, or "Other".

Do you have an Ethiopian option or do you tick Black or Other?

I think it's because of London's demographics...
And no we do not:pachah1:. I tick 'Black African', it's normally not just 'Black'. Never have I ticked 'Other', I don't see the point of picking it.
Interviewer would probably be expecting some geisha looking guest and then a Black African appears, or any other scenario.:mjlol:

Loool really? In America, it's smarter to check Black, I think. Some North African Arabs fill out as "Black/African American" for getting into colleges and universities for affirmative action ffs.

I hope you're joking..
I'm not joking in the early 19th century Asian were banned from entering the US and Arabs wanted to enter the US so they convinced Congress that they are white therefore they should be excluded from the ban and ever since that moment all members of the Arab league should check the white box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts