The dangerous play of oromosation and anti Somali sentiments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afran dissecting the issue that let to Somali disintegration never carry's any favours.

The Oromo push to the coast is long term so is the assimilation band deconstructing of the Somaliness notion.

I don't fear nor have any paranoia and we will fight your expansion the sane way.

dont belive this afran qaalo claiming absame has been assimilated, absame sells milk and trades with muslim oromos, he calls this asmsilited, ogaden and jidwaq hate oromo except the ones we forced to convert to islam centuries ago by the likes of moahemd zubeer and king wiil waal who froced them to convert

if a germn marries a fellow french on the border does that mean they assimilated? its just a few who inter marry, absame waa super racist on the most part and dont interact except a few horny people who marry each other,

dont belive this afran qaalo claiming absame has been assimilated, absame sells milk and trades with muslim oromos, he calls this asmsilited, ogaden and jidwaq hate oromo except the ones we forced to convert to islam centuries ago by the likes of moahemd zubeer and king wiil waal who froced them to convert

if a germn marries a fellow french on the border does that mean they assimilated? its just a few who inter marry, absame waa super racist on the most part and dont interact except a few horny people who marry each other,

If a group of people have been adopted into a clan, and have accepted the culture, language and way of life etc is this not assimilation?

There those that mix and those that become Oromo. A process called mogassa or Barcuma in east hararge. We have no need to claim the Somali traders, they come for business opertunities and sometimes mix within. I’m speaking of those that have been adopted into the clan. They will today tell you they are Oromo. Doesn’t mean they originally were Oromo, they’ve just accepted the name and culture. Visit east hararge and you’ll understand.

To be fair you can't say they are Oromo just because they speak afaan Oromo. Its like calling the Oromo kid who was born in London and speaks only English and is fully immersed in British culture an English person and not an oromo.

Also majority of yabaree live in and around jigjiga even though there are a lot who live around Harar. Can you ask you're mom what her subclan is after yabaree btw?

If they claim Oromo today, who am I to say you are not? They’ve been adopted into the Noole clan family.

My moms family is Warra Mahammed Noole. Who count down to Mahammed aweis or wais? Sorry don’t know the spelling.

If a group of people have been adopted into a clan, and have accepted the culture, language and way of life etc is this not assimilation?

There those that mix and those that become Oromo. A process called mogassa or Barcuma in east hararge. We have no need to claim the Somali traders, they come for business opertunities and sometimes mix within. I’m speaking of those that have been adopted into the clan. They will today tell you they are Oromo. Doesn’t mean they originally were Oromo, they’ve just accepted the name and culture. Visit east hararge and you’ll understand.

logic will show if they ere assimilated they will not be speaking af somali or telling people they are somali, if they were assimilated they would claim oromo and only speak afan oromo,

they have not been adopted or assimilited, its your opinion, just the way akisho speaks af somali and lives with ogaen and infact in nogob call themselves mohamed zubeer, yet they are oromo by origin and speak also af oromo, they have not been assimilated,

its just two different ethnic groups who inter marry, and share land, culture, islam, yet still maintain their respective ancestral origins and do not forget it, melt pot rather than assimilated, for if they were we would not be discussing if they are somali or oromo, surely the fact that we are proves to us they still maintain the true knowledge of their ancestral background,

if i live with a larger clan, and speak their language yet claim i am from another tribe/ethnic group and still remember from generation to generation who my ancestors were it doesn't mean i have been assimilated, it just means i am minority who has lived with these people, for why would i claim my true origin still if i have been adopted and assimilated?

logic will show if they ere assimilated they will not be speaking af somali or telling people they are somali, if they were assimilated they would claim oromo and only speak afan oromo,

they have not been adopted or assimilited, its your opinion, just the way akisho speaks af somali and lives with ogaen and infact in nogob call themselves mohamed zubeer, yet they are oromo by origin and speak also af oromo, they have not been assimilated,

its just two different ethnic groups who inter marry, and share land, culture, islam, yet still maintain their respective ancestral origins and do not forget it, melt pot rather than assimilated, for if they were we would not be discussing if they are somali or oromo, surely the fact that we are proves to us they still maintain the true knowledge of their ancestral background,

if i live with a larger clan, and speak their language yet claim i am from another tribe/ethnic group and still remember from generation to generation who my ancestors were it doesn't mean i have been assimilated, it just means i am minority who has lived with these people, for why would i claim my true origin still if i have been adopted and assimilated?

Many of the people in Hararge only speak Oromo. The ones who travel and trade in Jijiga or live in areas with large Somali populations speak af Somali. The rest speak Oromo. Not everyone in my moms family speak Somali. Many moved to Somalia in the 70s and some learnt the language there.

Teeri Alpha why should I believe our Oromo SSPOT dweller.

The penny never drops with you (I never liked the doqon ma waaye joke)

My grandad alone exterminated 300 Oromo's and committed a mini genocide which I am not proud about riding on his horseback marauding and harassing Oromo villages

If they claim Oromo today, who am I to say you are not? They’ve been adopted into the Noole clan family.

My moms family is Warra Mahammed Noole. Who count down to Mahammed aweis or wais? Sorry don’t know the spelling.

And I can go to china , learn mandarin , learn the Chinese culture, marry a Chinese women , but does that make me Chinese? No. I'm still as Somali as my ancestors were 500 years ago.

There are five sub clans of yabaree - reer said, reer yusuf ,hodanbare, habar liyo and reer biyo find out which one of those she is , Ive never heard of mohammed wais.

Many of the people in Hararge only speak Oromo. The ones who travel and trade in Jijiga or live in areas with large Somali populations speak af Somali. The rest speak Oromo. Not everyone in my moms family speak Somali. Many moved to Somalia in the 70s and some learnt the language there.
Many Somali kids born in America only speak English and claim to be black

Many Somali kids born in America only speak English and claim to be black

Khalid, you seem like a nice guy. Listen, I’m not one who claims so and so is this, and Abdi is that. If you claim something, who am I or you to deny that?

Yes these people are originally Somali, but do they claim to be Somali today? No. They many tell you their lineage but it stops there. Some say we are Somali some just say Oromo. This is how assimilation works bro.

You know of the Yabarre in east Hararge. They are part of the warra Mahammed Noole family. Today, some will tell you we are Somali who were adopted in this clan, and other who won’t. It depends on the person and how they view it.

Say I adopt a child. He keeps his fathers name but still claims to be my son. Does he not have the right to be my son? He knows who he comes from, but his life and relationship is now with me and my family.

You’re a paranoid fool to think all the b/s you write.

he is paranoid plus he dont wana admit abdi iley and his administration in jigjiga marginalized otha somalis in k5. instead of uniting somalis in k5 againest much larger adversaries,iley divided further .what happened then is otha somalis furious united againest jigjiga. you dont treat your brothers under same oppression as such.

Khalid, you seem like a nice guy. Listen, I’m not one who claims so and so is this, and Abdi is that. If you claim something, who am I or you to deny that?

Yes these people are originally Somali, but do they claim to be Somali today? No. They many tell you their lineage but it stops there. Some say we are Somali some just say Oromo. This is how assimilation works bro.

You know of the Yabarre in east Hararge. They are part of the warra Mahammed Noole family. Today, some will tell you we are Somali who were adopted in this clan, and other who won’t. It depends on the person and how they view it.

Say I adopt a child. He keeps his fathers name but still claims to be my son. Does he not have the right to be my son? He knows who he comes from, but his life and relationship is now with me and my family.

Yes Ive always known about them and they lived around harar and even met some but I never heard of warra Mohamed or noole maybe thats because oromos don't care to much about clan. You will find all the Futuh al Habash clans around harar speaking in Oromo. I plan on visiting this area on my next trip to the motherland soon.

I've seen one of your posts where you suggested eastern hararghe and dir dhabe join the Somali region but under a Oromo and Somali leadership, and Dawa Zone and Moyaale join Oromo region under the same circumstances . Correct me If Im wrong. I think that idea could work.

A lot of the Oromo population are assimilated people some say around 20% of oromo speakers are ethnic somalis. Because when censuses are done in Ethiopia they just document people as "Oromo speakers" or "Somali speakers" but they don't document their lineage and etthinicity .What do you think? What percentage of Oromo speakers are do you think are originally ethnically Oromo ? I look at Oromos as a nation of people who are binded by language and culture. Its like how Im an American but at the same time Somali , My passport says American , I speak English, culturally an American but Im ethnically Somali. No-one is ethnically "American".

Yes Ive always known about them and they lived around harar and even met some but I never heard of warra Mohamed or noole maybe thats because oromos don't care to much about clan. You will find all the Futuh al Habash clans around harar speaking in Oromo. I plan on visiting this area on my next trip to the motherland soon.

I've seen one of your posts where you suggested eastern hararghe and dir dhabe join the Somali region but under a Oromo and Somali leadership, and Dawa Zone and Moyaale join Oromo region under the same circumstances . Correct me If Im wrong. I think that idea could work.

A lot of the Oromo population are assimilated people some say around 20% of oromo speakers are ethnic somalis. Because when censuses are done in Ethiopia they just document people as "Oromo speakers" or "Somali speakers" but they don't document their lineage and etthinicity .What do you think? What percentage of Oromo speakers are do you think are originally ethnically Oromo ? I look at Oromos as a nation of people who are binded by language and culture. Its like how Im an American but at the same time Somali , My passport says American , I speak English, culturally an American but Im ethnically Somali. No-one is ethnically "American".

Noole is an Oromo clan, my clan of the AQ. We are the brothers of Jarso living in east hararge. Clan is a big part in hararge, but not to the extent of Somalis and Arabs.

I don’t think that was me bro. I have suggested all the disputed border areas become one region with both Somali and Oromo leadership if this helps cool tension. I see no problem with this personally. But there will always be that person with an agenda which will destroy it all.

I don’t know about 20%, that’s a little much. Most of the Somali groups and mix is In the east, mostly east hararge. Maybe 10 or 15%. People don’t claim Oromo because they speak Oromo. If you are part of one of the Oromo clan families or adopted clan, you are Oromo. If you claim Oromo, you are Oromo. Many habeshas, Sidamas and southern people in oromia speak Oromo but are not considered Oromo.

We are all Oromo bro, this is a divide tactic we don’t appreciate. Doesn’t matter what your people once were, today we are all Oromo and consider Oromo. Many Turkic people became Mongols, does that mean I can go and tell a Mongol he isn’t Mongol? Doesn’t make sense.

Borans are as Oromo as it gets. Then and their brother like tribe of Orma-Wardey are the purest form of Oromo. A lot of the war day have become Somali though. And many are part of your absame family in the south.

As an Oromo we see being an Oromo as a nation. We the Lami(citizens) of Oromia are Oromo regardless as to what we may have been in the past.

@AfranQallo ..agree somali and oromo basically same people,,we should live together peacefully.
what you think of abiy ahmed and ethiopian politics right now.

@AfranQallo ..agree somali and oromo basically same people,,we should live together peacefully.
what you think of abiy ahmed and ethiopian politics right now.

Agreed, an alliance with Somalis would have been a better position for Oromos in the long run over the backstabbing habesha.

I still don’t trust the Abiy and their current leadership. They’ve done a few good thing like allowing groups like OLF and ONLF return but there something that bothers me. I’ve never trusted or liked the OPDO. And now that they rule the nation, there is potentially a bigger threat as an Oromo. OPDO have always been under TPLF leadership with ex derg and halie salasie policians. They’ve never had the interest for Oromos, so why would the all of sudden change. I doubt there will be a fair democratic election because if there were one, OLF would replace the ODP immidately.

Ever since the change we’ve seen a ton of conflicts throughout the country, and many displaced peoples. If everything was done correctly for instance, putting a Somali party, Sudan’s and Afar party to the leading block and actually moving for a better future sure, I’ll accept it. But with my upbringing and growing up with a free Oromia thought, I could care less for Ethiopia and wish nothing but destruction for the nation. Time will tell bro. Let wait for the coming elections to see what Ethiopia has in stock for the horn.

Noole is an Oromo clan, my clan of the AQ. We are the brothers of Jarso living in east hararge. Clan is a big part in hararge, but not to the extent of Somalis and Arabs.

I don’t think that was me bro. I have suggested all the disputed border areas become one region with both Somali and Oromo leadership if this helps cool tension. I see no problem with this personally. But there will always be that person with an agenda which will destroy it all.

I don’t know about 20%, that’s a little much. Most of the Somali groups and mix is In the east, mostly east hararge. Maybe 10 or 15%. People don’t claim Oromo because they speak Oromo. If you are part of one of the Oromo clan families or adopted clan, you are Oromo. If you claim Oromo, you are Oromo. Many habeshas, Sidamas and southern people in oromia speak Oromo but are not considered Oromo.

We are all Oromo bro, this is a divide tactic we don’t appreciate. Doesn’t matter what your people once were, today we are all Oromo and consider Oromo. Many Turkic people became Mongols, does that mean I can go and tell a Mongol he isn’t Mongol? Doesn’t make sense.

Borans are as Oromo as it gets. Then and their brother like tribe of Orma-Wardey are the purest form of Oromo. A lot of the war day have become Somali though. And many are part of your absame family in the south.

As an Oromo we see being an Oromo as a nation. We the Lami(citizens) of Oromia are Oromo regardless as to what we may have been in the past.

Ok the way I look at it is , The somalis are native to eastern harerghe , then the Oromos came after the fall of the adal and the somalis converted the oromos to muslims, and the Oromos assimilated these somalis into their confederacy.

So what percentage of Oromo speakers are Originally ethnically Oromo? Not just the ones that are originally Somali how about the ones who are originally sidamo , gurage, omo, habesha , harla, argobba ? Is it fair to say 50% of Oromo speakers aren't originally ethnically Oromo? We Somali consider a Somali to be a person who descends from "Samaale" . Do Oromos have a Common ancestor ? I know of boran and bareentuma but where does the name "Oromo" come from?

Ok the way I look at it is , The somalis are native to eastern harerghe , then the Oromos came after the fall of the adal and the somalis converted the oromos to muslims, and the Oromos assimilated these somalis into their confederacy.

So what percentage of Oromo speakers are Originally ethnically Oromo? Not just the ones that are originally Somali how about the ones who are originally sidamo , gurage, omo, habesha , harla, argobba ? Is it fair to say 50% of Oromo speakers aren't originally ethnically Oromo? We Somali consider a Somali to be a person who descends from "Samaale" . Do Oromos have a Common ancestor ? I know of boran and bareentuma but where does the name "Oromo" come from?

In Oromo mythology, Borana and Barentumma are sons of Oromo. The name Oromo comes from the word Orma(free man). Oromos would call themselves the free men and would conquer land. So as long as your clan is amongst Borana or Barentuma, you are Oromo. Adopted clans are considered children of Oromo.

Borana and Barentu, Sons of Oromo, son of Waaqo, Son of Utte Son of so one. This is the Oromo nation. Hard to tell the percentages of others.

Depending on the clan and region, you can get a rough estimate. Arsi Oromo for example are heavily of Hadiya origin. They are the second largest clan with roughly 10-12 million people. The Macca the largest have a lot of Omo groups, they are around 12-13 million. Tulama of Shawa have some Gurage and they around probably around 5-6 million.

Agreed, an alliance with Somalis would have been a better position for Oromos in the long run over the backstabbing habesha.

I still don’t trust the Abiy and their current leadership. They’ve done a few good thing like allowing groups like OLF and ONLF return but there something that bothers me. I’ve never trusted or liked the OPDO. And now that they rule the nation, there is potentially a bigger threat as an Oromo. OPDO have always been under TPLF leadership with ex derg and halie salasie policians. They’ve never had the interest for Oromos, so why would the all of sudden change. I doubt there will be a fair democratic election because if there were one, OLF would replace the ODP immidately.

Ever since the change we’ve seen a ton of conflicts throughout the country, and many displaced peoples. If everything was done correctly for instance, putting a Somali party, Sudan’s and Afar party to the leading block and actually moving for a better future sure, I’ll accept it. But with my upbringing and growing up with a free Oromia thought, I could care less for Ethiopia and wish nothing but destruction for the nation. Time will tell bro. Let wait for the coming elections to see what Ethiopia has in stock for the horn.

so basically abiy is a figure head ! a danger there.one thing true is those otha groups will neva allow one man one vote and how it turns out anyones guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.