Status
Not open for further replies.
Really surprised to hear you say this:ohhh:Do you not find any problem with the current sent up of the federal states? As long as it is divided by ethnicity it will always be a point of contention leading to eventual war? Are you for a peaceful and cohesive Ethiopia or Independent Tigray:farole:
No I don't find the current set up to be a problem.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

No I don't find the current set up to be a problem.

You can't have it both ways. I don't know if you have been paying attentions but people are dying because oromos are living in ogandan or vice versa and apparently that means they don't belong there...and yet these places are both in a country called Ethiopia. So how does that make sense? What exactly are you trying to protect here? what is it that you will lose if ethnic federalism no longer exists?

You can't have it both ways. I don't know if you have been paying attentions but people are dying because oromos are living in ogandan or vice versa and apparently that means they don't belong there...and yet these places are both in a country called Ethiopia. So how does that make sense? What exactly are you trying to protect here? what is it that you will lose if ethnic federalism no longer exists?
This Somali/Oromo issue is a long issue, it didn't just start from this recent news.
So a region with mixed ethnic groups is better? It's not like that will make a difference, it doesn't exactly open up way for people to move about because there are language barriers.

Yes I am talking about Welkait.
Whether the states are ethnic based or mixed, ethnic groups will still die off to the majority.

Amhara's have been in charge since the TPLF came about:nahgirl:.
I don’t know what the demographics of welkait and etc are, and have never been there, but that doesn’t mean people who belong to either Amhara or Tigray regions should be expelled because of who they are. People like you are the reason why we will always be going from one regime to another. According to you it’s perfectly fine to expel the 10k Tigrayans who were forced to leave Gondar due to fear of Reprisal because they do not “belong” to said ethnic state. This is what the country is leading to unless the entire system is revamped.

When I said minority groups I didn’t mean minority on a total ethnic group scale, I meant minority groups of each city and region. If you can’t see the problem with the current system then don’t cry when it comes back to bite you. Tplf is leading Tigray to war with the current system.

Was is it not Yohannes who faught off the Egyptians and the mahdist when they invaded “Amhara”? Was it not Amharas who died fighting italy at Adwa? Was it not the oromos and Amhara who faught the Bandas for Badme?

This Somali/Oromo issue is a long issue, it didn't just start from this recent news.
So a region with mixed ethnic groups is better? It's not like that will make a difference, it doesn't exactly open up way for people to move about because there are language barriers.

Yes it is better. Why do people enjoy living in Addis? why did you decide you want a vacation house in Hawassa? where you stated "people there don't care about ethnicity and are proud Ethiopians". There is a reason these areas are attractive to people and it's because no one cares who your are and when you go there you are not made to feel a stranger in your own country!

So basically you want all the benefit of a multi-ethnic city/state as long as it's not in Tigray?

Please articulate clearly what you think you will lose if ethnic federalism does not exist.

Last edited:
I don’t know what the demographics of welkait and etc are, and have never been there, but that doesn’t mean people who belong to either Amhara or Tigray regions should be expelled because of who they are. People like you are the reason why we will always be going from one regime to another. According to you it’s perfectly fine to expel the 10k Tigrayans who were forced to leave Gondar due to fear of Reprisal because they do not “belong” to said ethnic state. This is what the country is leading to unless the entire system is revamped.

When I said minority groups I didn’t mean minority on a total ethnic group scale, I meant minority groups of each city and region. If you can’t see the problem with the current system then don’t cry when it comes back to bite you. Tplf is leading Tigray to war with the current system.

Was is it not Yohannes who faught off the Egyptians and the mahdist when they invaded “Amhara”? Was it not Amharas who died fighting italy at Adwa? Was it not the oromos and Amhara who faught the Bandas for Badme?

THIS! :qri8gs7:

but that doesn’t mean people who belong to either Amhara or Tigray regions should be expelled because of who they are.
Where did I say people should be expelled:mindblown:.
Yes it is better. Why do people enjoy living in Addis? why did you decide you want a vacation house in Hawassa? where you stated "people there don't care about ethnicity and are proud Ethiopians". There is a reason these areas are attractive to people and it's because no one cares who your are and when you go there you are not made to feel a stranger in your own country!

So basically you want all the benefit of a multi-ethnic city/state as long as it's not in Tigray?

Please articulate clearly what you think you will lose if ethnic federalism does not exist.

What different does it make making the states non-ethnic based? Whether the Somali region existed or not the Oromo's still went into a predominantly 'Somali' region.
I do not care whether there is 1 ethnic group or 10,000,000 ethnic groups in Tigray, it is a region not an ethnic group. You do not understand why I mentioned Welkait.
We won't lose nothing but once it changes, there's no going back.

And besides, I don't think the majority will like the states to be non-ethnic based, especially the Oromo's:francis:.

Reality is Oromos want ethnic states, the harars want to maintain their ethnic state, the amhaaras want to keep their ethnic state, and tigreyans want to keep their ethnic state. All this "we're 1 Ethiopia" is fake. :lolbron:

Last edited:

What different does it make making the states non-ethnic based? Whether the Somali region existed or not the Oromo's still went into a predominantly 'Somali' region.
I do not care whether there is 1 ethnic group or 10,000,000 ethnic groups in Tigray, it is a region not an ethnic group. You do not understand why I mentioned Welkait.

And besides, I don't think the majority will like the states to be non-ethnic based, especially the Oromo's:francis:.
The reason why the states shouldn’t be ethnic based is because once you make them ethnic based all other people will be considered foreigners, even though they are from said region. It only leads to division and so on. Your words say one thing while your likes say the opposite, which is it Hagos?

Why do you get triggered by welkait? Is your family originally from there?

The reason why the states shouldn’t be ethnic based is because once you make them ethnic based all other people will be considered foreigners, even though they are from said region. It only leads to division and so on. Your words say one thing while your likes say the opposite, which is it Hagos?

Why do you get triggered by welkait? Is your family originally from there?
False, nobody is considered a foreigner. Every region has minorities.
Lol my family are not from Welkait, just bored of reading people comment on a region they know nothing about:nahgirl:. You must really think getting rid of ethnic states will turn Ethiopia into Japan overnight:icon lol:.

Concentrate on learning your mother tongue instead of what posts I’m liking, Mr ‘Menelik’:bell:.

Young Popeye

Call me pops

i know right only the brave amhara can bring peace to the somali-oromo conflict:hemad: it would bring unity to the region when amhara gets thrown out :mjpls:
giphy.gif

Ethnic federalism is the legitimizing reason people are being killed in these so called "border" areas. Where people are not looking at each other like fellow citizens from different backgrounds but as invaders. That is why your tone strikes a cord with me because i feel like you think if this system goes away then millions of people are going to move to Tigray and make in not Tigryan anymore, which is insane!

As for the argument of people don't want to go an non-ethnic state...the current system is as old as TPLF. I have sibling who remember the time before this system and their in their thirties.

***Gets on Soapbox***

As a young, and i assume, educated man please reflect on what it is you are trying to preserve. Look at the bigger picture. You are certainly a recipient and product of a country that has instituted laws to bridge differences between people in the west. Which is why you are there. You know if some is to make you feel unwelcome, you will go to the law and they would be on your side (even if your an immigrant). This did not happen by miarcle it happened because people fought for those changes even though others wanted to keep the status quo.

The reason i am keep asking to articulate your point is because i want to know if you have reasoned out all the things you're saying and not regurgitating what you have heard your dad and uncle talk about while sitting at Starbucks. I know not going to lie, it's hard not to fall in to complacency (probably the biggest epidemic disease in Africa) and just stick with what we know, but we won't get anywhere if we do.

Change is necessary!

btw I rarely get to talk to my peers about Ethiopian politics, so i enjoy our discussions, and no, we don't have to agree, but i will continue to challenge you on this. I hope next time you can better explain your personal position.

***Gets off Soapbox***

Reality is Oromos want ethnic states, the harars want to maintain their ethnic state, the amhaaras want to keep their ethnic state, and tigreyans want to keep their ethnic state. All this "we're 1 Ethiopia" is fake. :lolbron:

NO offense there XeXe (are we on nickname bases now?:dabcasar:) I don't go to a baker for advice on my cut of raw meat and i certainly don't go to a Somali to discuss Unity.:trumpsmirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending