On this day, September 24th, 1977,
Ogaden rebels capture Jijiga.

IMG_3997.JPG
IMG_3998.JPG
IMG_3999.JPG

Xooshdheere

how do i use this
IMG_4002.JPG

“I was part of the 21st Division of Somalia’s National Army during the 1977-78 war with Ethiopia. Our unit was assigned to capture Kebri Dahar, Wardhere all the way to Jigjiga. First, all the army units from Zeila (Awdal) all the way to Dolow (Gedo) were moved tothe disputed border with Ethiopia. We all crossed theborder at once, can you imagine that? It was on a Sunday. A united front of a heavily armed Somali army, where your Somali comrades from the north and south crossed the border at once, that level of shared mobility, you will never find again. We were on a mission. Our objective was clear, if we captured a district, we had to wait for our other comrades to capture a nearby district.”
“Did you meet any resistance?”
“Not at all, we didn’t meet any resistance. It was like a walk to the park – all the way to Jigjiga. The Ethiopian army were overpowered, simple as that. We collected their weapons whilst we swept the ground. They had the numbers but we had the morale and skill and we got our morale from the Somali people. The Somali nomads inside Somalia use to slaughter their precious livestock just to feed us – simply out of love.”

(London, United Kingdom)

“Waxaan ka mid ahaa ciidankii xoogga dalka Soomaaliyeed ee qaybtiisii 21aad ee xoogga dalka Soomaaliyeed waagi u socday dagaalkii dhex maray Soomaaliya iyo Itoobiya 1977. Guutadeena waxaa loo xilsaaray inaan qabano Qabridahare, Wardheer ilaa Jigjiga. Unugyada ciidanka, laga bilaabo Saylac (Awdal) ilaa Doolow (Gedo), isku maalin baa la geeyey soohdintu, isku maalina wey ka wada gudbeen. Arin cajiib ah bey ahayd runti, intaaso ciidan ah oo hal waqti si qorshaysan loo gudbayey iyadoo cadowgiina uusan ogaanin. Maalin Axad ayey ahad. Ciidan mideysan, min waqooyi ilaa koonfur, oo hal mawqiif ku socda. Dhaqdhaqaaq ciidan noocas abidkey uma maleenayo inta nolosha ii harsan inu Soomaalidu so marayo ilaahaysa waxba uma ahan. Ujeedo cad beynu ku soconay. Waxaan sameen jirnay, guuto kasta waa inay sugaan guutooyinka kale. Haddii ay midi degmo qabsato, waa inay sugtaa guutooyinka kale ee ka ag dhow oo degmooyinka u dhow kaabiga ku haaya ilaa ay gacanta ku dhigaan.
“Wax iska caabin ma la kulanteen?”
“Iska caabin aa? Ciidanka Itoobiyaanka wey carareen. Waayo, awood aan caadi ahayn bey la kulmeen. Xitaa hubkii bey ka tageen. Itoobyaanka tiro ahaan ku dheeraa, anaguna dhanka xirfadda iyo niyadda. Niyadda dadkeena ka keenay oo nagu tageeri jiray. Xitaa Soomaalida reer guuraaga ee gudaha dhulka Soomaaliyeed oo dhan baa xoolahooda noo qali jiray biyana nala daba socday, runtii dareen jacayl oo ay noo qabeen bay arintaasi ku dhacday.“

(London, Boqortooyada Ingiriiska)
http://www.somalifaces.org/post/142...1st-division-of-somalias#.WSt_T1ilV5s.twitter

The expected Ethiopian attack occurred in early February; however, it was accompanied by a second attack that the Somalis did not expect. A column of Ethiopian troops crossed northeast into the highlands between Jijiga and the border with Somalia, bypassing the SNA-WSLF force defending the Marda Pass. Mil Mi-6 helicopters airlifted Cuban BMD-1 and ASU-57 armored vehicles behind enemy lines. The attackers were thus able to assault from two directions in a "pincer" action, allowing the re-capture of Jijiga in days while killing 3,000 defenders. The Somali defense collapsed and every major Somali towns were recaptured in the following weeks. Recognizing that his position was untenable, Siad Barre ordered the SNA to retreat back into Somalia on 9 March 1978, although Rene LaFort claims that the Somalis, having foreseen the inevitable, had already withdrawn their heavy weapons.[42] The last significant Somali unit left Ethiopia on 15 March 1978, marking the end of the war.

Last edited:
The expected Ethiopian attack occurred in early February; however, it was accompanied by a second attack that the Somalis did not expect. A column of Ethiopian troops crossed northeast into the highlands between Jijiga and the border with Somalia, bypassing the SNA-WSLF force defending the Marda Pass. Mil Mi-6 helicopters airlifted Cuban BMD-1 and ASU-57 armored vehicles behind enemy lines. The attackers were thus able to assault from two directions in a "pincer" action, allowing the re-capture of Jijiga in days while killing 3,000 defenders. The Somali defense collapsed and every major Somali towns were recaptured in the following weeks. Recognizing that his position was untenable, Siad Barre ordered the SNA to retreat back into Somalia on 9 March 1978, although Rene LaFort claims that the Somalis, having foreseen the inevitable, had already withdrawn their heavy weapons.[42] The last significant Somali unit left Ethiopia on 15 March 1978, marking the end of the war.
In other words, Russia literally had to send 15k Cuban soldiers and 1k Russians to save Ethiopia from completely falling into Somalia hands:lolbron:

Last edited:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
In other words, Russia literally had to send 15k Cuban soldiers and 1k Russians to save Ethiopia from completely falling into Somalia hands:lolbron:

ya it wasnt about ogaden but ethiopia's existence because you would have the bale region revolt and all the southern nations wanting to join. the international community had to stop this or recreate a new map

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland
didn't the Harari fight with the Somalis?

The decisive battle was in March 1978.

The first Jijiga battle almost destroyed Ethiopian army, the second one was a failure for Barre..

Ethiopians have got to be the biggest cucks. How can they lose to a small army like that? In a world where we have a superpower backing or one where Ethiopia had no superpower backing, it would have been very interesting to see.

ya it wasnt about ogaden but ethiopia's existence because you would have the bale region revolt and all the southern nations wanting to join. the international community had to stop this or recreate a new map
Revolt and wanting to join Somalia are two different things buddy. Once tplf is forced to concede power, harar will be consumed by oromos, they already claim it :liberaltears:
Is that what you’re afraid of?

Young Popeye

Call me pops
Revolt and wanting to join Somalia are two different things buddy. Once tplf is forced to concede power, harar will be consumed by oromos, they already claim it :liberaltears:
Is that what you’re afraid of?

ya tplf is going to concede power to a bunch of taxi drivers in Washington d.c :snoop: oromos have rights to ethiopia more then habesha, their special expertise in surpassing other ethnic groups in breeding is impeccable:stevej:harar welcomes every ethnic group except the fake habesha, we have some respect for tigray though :ohhhdamn:

Von

i spent some time with harari folks in the next capital state city over, who happen to be pro-Somali/Somalia and don't fk with habeshas. So sad to see a city and a people slowly disappear to outsiders.

ya tplf is going to concede power to a bunch of taxi drivers in Washington d.c :snoop: oromos have rights to ethiopia more then habesha, their special expertise in surpassing other ethnic groups in breeding is impeccable:stevej:harar welcomes every ethnic group except the fake habesha, we have some respect for tigray though :ohhhdamn:
You really don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Tplf after the death of meles is a weakened party with no real leadership. Since his passing tplf have steered away from regionality/plurality and have upped the nationalistic rhetoric. The regional parties are becoming too powerful for the likings of tplf. These orchestrated clashes in the east have two added effects. 1. They distract the Oromo masses from protesting and also the OPDO. 2. It will also showcase the failures of plurality, leaving tplf to suggest a more unified and nationalistic government. There will be huge changes in the dynamics of the gov in the coming few years...

I’ve also seen you crying a few weeks ago about the Oromo migrants, so stop pretending. Habeshas have built Ethiopia from the ground up, nothing I need to say about that.

Ps is there even a harar party and if so does it only consist of hararis or people from harar?

Last edited:

Young Popeye

Call me pops
You really don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes. Tplf after the death of meles is a weakened party with no real leadership. Since his passing tplf have steered away from regionality/plurality and have upped the nationalistic rhetoric. The regional parties are becoming too powerful for the likings of tplf. These orchestrated clashes in the east have two added effects. 1. They distract the Oromo masses from protesting and also the OPDO. 2. It will also showcase the failures of plurality, leaving tplf to suggest a more unified and nationalistic government. There will be huge changes in the dynamics of the gov in the coming few years...

I’ve also seen you crying a few weeks ago about the Oromo migrants, so stop pretending. Habeshas have built Ethiopia from the ground up, nothing I need to say about that.

Ps is there even a harar party and if so does it only consist of hararis or people from harar?

:gucciwhat: LOL LOL TPLF does not support nationalism. How can a minority hold on to power by telling everyone to unite under a single banner? Division is the only way to survive much like how the jews control america behind closed doors. The only issue I have with the Oromo is that they love Ethiopia because it is the only state they have ever known. Harar made them pay tax but it did not subjugate them the way Menelik did. The Oromo attitude is whats frustrating TPLF and now TPLF plans to either give Harar, Afar or Somali their territory to divide and weaken them. Amhara territory is also sold to sudan. Germany and the E.U have spent millions on promoting regional politics in Ethiopia as neither the USA or the world want another Nazi African country.

Young Popeye

Call me pops
i spent some time with harari folks in the next capital state city over, who happen to be pro-Somali/Somalia and don't fk with habeshas. So sad to see a city and a people slowly disappear to outsiders.

They have been taught to hate Habesha but are pro Somali only by default. Somalis had been at war with Hararis but this only ceased when Oromo invaded Harar plateau and a famine wiped the harari population out after the king of ethiopia was beheaded by imam's followers. The harar people have been around alot longer then most of the tribes in east africa today, so their diminishing number is expected. clanism doesnt work and neither does nationalism so its time to go back to adal. :lolbron:

Von

They have been taught to hate Habesha but are pro Somali only by default. Somalis had been at war with Hararis but this only ceased when Oromo invaded Harar plateau and a famine wiped the harari population out after the king of ethiopia was beheaded by imam's followers. The harar people have been around alot longer then most of the tribes in east africa today, so their diminishing number is expected. clanism doesnt work and neither does nationalism so its time to go back to adal. :lolbron:
An enemy of my enemy is my friends and Hararis and Somalis are connected through the Harla people. whats Harari folks (government) doing about this issue or have the accepted they'll disappear to the Oromos?
Adal? nah but an autonomous region of Greater Somalia with respect of Harari culture yeah:lolbron:

World

VIP
Ethiopians have got to be the biggest cucks. How can they lose to a small army like that? In a world where we have a superpower backing or one where Ethiopia had no superpower backing, it would have been very interesting to see.
"The Abyssinians, it seems, fear the Somalis very much. I have never seen men so afraid as they are now; they have given rifles to the children to show they have troops here."

Imagine, the British were shocked at how fearful they were of Somali spearsmen when they were armed with modern rifles supplied by the Russians and French.

:mjlol:

"The Abyssinians, it seems, fear the Somalis very much. I have never seen men so afraid as they are now; they have given rifles to the children to show they have troops here."

Imagine, the British were shocked at how fearful they were of Somali spearsmen when they were armed with modern rifles supplied by the Russians and French.

:mjlol:
We let our awoowes down big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending