The biggest threat to Somalia's future

Status
Not open for further replies.

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
Diaspora bonds would probably work after Farmaajo's third year.

His government needs to earn trust from the diaspora first.

If he's our guy then we'd be happy to help with viable projects.

someone should start it as a ppp initiative maybe even dahabshill but his focused on quick returns

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Lol show me one.

Somalis can't even walk without being strip searched in Ethiopia atm... I meant after the above imaginary FTA.

If we're on the same level playing ground then we'll end up as the (real) Jews of Ethiopia and take over everything :fittytousand:.

4693590130_ae11086e63_b.jpg

please amxaaro remove your boot i will give you gas and access to ocean and i will brand your shit

hooyadiin wassa:kodaksmiley:

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
someone should start it as a ppp initiative maybe even dahabshill but his focused on quick returns

Diaspora bonds would probably only work on public projects.

Trust in Somalia is extremely low atm for anything not directly from your clan unfortunately.

Unless we had a Dangote or Elon Musk in Somalia that already has built viable projects.

Hence I said "probably after his third year"... if he doesn't improve the security condition then the whole thing is moot.

It's a step by step process. Bari, Nugaal, Mudug, Galmudug and Galgadud have thier act together.

We just need to stabilize Jubba and things will be rocking and rolling.

Focus on fixing your Gobol on behalf of your nation.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
It's a step by step process. Bari, Nugaal, Mudug, Galmudug and Galgadud have thier act together.

We just need to stabilize Jubba and things will be rocking and rolling.

Focus on fixing your Gobol on behalf of your nation.

Gobolnimo!!! :fittytousand:

Quick question.

Let's take the scenario where Farmaajo launched a successful diaspora bond.

Would you want him to split it between the states or

use the little that we have on a single industrial region? :gaasdrink:

Gobolnimo!!! :fittytousand:

Quick question.

Let's take the scenario where Farmaajo launched a successful diaspora bond.

Would you want him to split it between the states or

use the little that we have on a single industrial region? :gaasdrink:

100% towards state owned crown corporations.

With Quarterly earnings reports and a state sponsored business channel that can teach the shacab and usher in investment culture.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.addi...ethiopia-earned-840-million-khat-exports/amp/

Ethiopia earns 840 million from exports of khat to Somalia and djibouti. This is roughly the same price dj earns from Ethiopian port use. The only problem is dj doesn't fully own the port.
Every untapped resource of Somalia puts a shadow over Ethiopia. We don't need companies at the moment, we need CEOs and a great leader to build a vision unique to Somalia.

Focus on yourself and helping your country. Because the last time I checked, Ethiopias GDP per capita in 1991 was $170 when Somalias was double that with a collapsed government.

:ulyin:
becauee Ethiopia didn't go through a 30 year civil war. Unlike Somalia we bounced back because we are a civilized people. Plus millions of Ethiopians do not get counted apart of the national economy.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.addi...ethiopia-earned-840-million-khat-exports/amp/

Ethiopia earns 840 million from exports of khat to Somalia and djibouti. This is roughly the same price dj earns from Ethiopian port use. The only problem is dj doesn't fully own the port.

becauee Ethiopia didn't go through a 30 year civil war. Unlike Somalia we bounced back because we are a civilized people. Plus millions of Ethiopians do not get counted apart of the national economy.

•30 year war
•Khat

These are the go to points when I'm with my Ethiopian friends.
:bell:

Focus on your country. I have studied your economy and comparing it to Somalia is just a way to distract yourself from the achievements of Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Uganda, Morocco, Senegal, Benin and Mali.

Focus on yourself.

•30 year war
•Khat

Focus on your country. I have studied your economy and comparing it to Somalia is just a way to distract yourself from the achievements of Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Uganda, Morocco, Senegal, Benin and Mali.

Focus on yourself.
Basically something as simple as khaat ban will have a crippling effect on their economy lol, we need to ban this useless drug

Basically something as simple as khaat ban will have a crippling effect on their economy lol, we need to ban this useless drug

Hey! Can stop acting like an unrealistic Somali.

I had a run going and you steam rolled it with "Khat Crippling Thier Economy".lool
:snoop:

The only thing that will cripple Ethiopia is Ethiopians government.

•30 year war
•Khat

Focus on yourself.
I'm not bragging about khat. I was trying to make a simple point (which flew right above your head) that the port revenue gets distributed right back into Ethiopias economy. Why do you think dj is relatively poor besides have a population of under 1 million. If you couldn't see the point I was making then you need to beef up your scamming abilities.

Yes those economies are doing good, only one on par as in growth as Ethiopia is Rwanda. They are following the same model as us for the most part. They even come to Ethiopia for best practice procedures.

Ethiopia helps Africa more than most other countries, we train Africa's pilots, we instruct in best practices procedures known as kaizen, we send experts to many countries to asses dam building. We have the most peace keepers in Africa. This is how we gather soft power. With it we can dictate whatever we want.

Last edited:
Hey! Can stop acting like an unrealistic Somali.

I had a run going and you steam rolled it with "Khat Crippling Thier Economy".lool
:snoop:

The only thing that will cripple Ethiopia is Ethiopians government.
Lol sorry bro, we need them for business prospective and nothing else, I have to say that everytime I hear Ethiopia :trumpsmirk:

That would never happen, I think Ethiopia is going to ban the use inside Ethiopia tho. People in dj literally riot when the shipment is late. The new railway will only increase exports...

I'm not bragging about khat. I was trying to make a simple point (which flew right above your head) that the port revenue gets distributed right back into Ethiopias economy. Why do you think dj is relatively poor besides have a population of under 1 million. If you couldn't see the point I was making then you need to beef up your scamming abilities.

Yes those economies are doing good, only one on par as in growth as Ethiopia is Rwanda. They are following the same model as us for the most part. They even come to Ethiopia for best practice procedures.

Ethiopia helps Africa more than most other countries, we train Africa's pilots, we instruct in best practices procedures known kaizen, we send experts to many countries to asses dam building. We have the most peace keepers in Africa.

Rwanda is a member state of WTO and Ethiopia is still an Observer. Fix your government they are crippling your growth and the future of your country.

Port revenue isn't attributed to fiscal growth year over year. Countries like Singapore have leap frogged port earnings dependency.

And Djibouti is just a bus driver that subsidized your bus ticket--nothing to boast about.

Join the WTO because it's one of the many things you still have in common with Somalia.

Rwanda is a member state of WTO and Ethiopia is still an Observer. Fix your government they are crippling your growth and the future of your country.

Port revenue isn't attributed to fiscal growth year over year. Countries like Singapore have leap frogged port earnings dependency.

And Djibouti is just a bus driver that subsidized your bus ticket--nothing to boast about.

Join the WTO because it's one of the many things you still have in common with Somalia.
Even if we joined WTO, which we won't, it's not like you have enough money to invest in banking or telecom. Ethiopia doesn't even need to be in WTO since it's still considered least developed country. It can export to Europe duty free and preferential to the USA. How would it benefit you? Don't say some bs line.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
I hate Alshabab's approach to the colonization problem.
Other than that no Somali disagrees that the land is under severe gumaysi.

Even if we joined WTO, which we won't, it's not like you have enough money to invest in banking or telecom. Ethiopia doesn't even need to be in WTO since it's still considered least developed country. It can export to Europe duty free and preferential to the USA. How would it benefit you? Don't say some bs line.

BS line?

Can you please read what you just wrote? no seriously please read it.

And duty free? Have you seen your own tariffs on imports? And your still dependant on Imports.

Duty Free:cryinglaughsmiley:....wow, Ethiopia hasn't set her best here.

Ethiopia is a country heavily reliant on imports, and customs duties must be paid on these imports. :gaasdrink:

Here's a simple example on your vehicle imports that come through Djibouti:

The customs value is based on what a database says the value was when the vehicle was new. A depreciation allowance of 10 percent per year with a maximum allowance of 30 percent is then deducted to arrive at the customs value.
:meleshame:
Non of your vehicle values fall below 70%. This is madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.