The biggest threat to Somalia's future

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
becauee Ethiopia didn't go through a 30 year civil war. Unlike Somalia we bounced back because we are a civilized people.

Who is promoting and funding all this uncivilized behavior in Somalia if it isn't Ethiopia?

You guys funded and trained the rebel groups that started the civil war (with Ayaan Hirsi's dad & co) in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of the dysfunctional politicians in Somalia are under the payroll of Ethiopia.

It's also funny how the rational Islamic court from 2006 turned into Al Shabaab while you guys held large swathes of the south.

Not that I'm saying that all our bs can be blamed on Ethiopia... far from it.

However, anyone that understands the 80/20 rule should know that Ethiopia only needs to pay off the officials, warlords & clan elders at the top to keep things unstable.

Larger foreign factions might want a piece of our potential resources or strategic location but when it comes to Ethiopia; we're an existential risk to you.

BS line?

Can you please read what you just wrote? no seriously please read it.

And duty free? Have you seen your own tariffs on imports? And your still dependant on Imports.

Duty Free:cryinglaughsmiley:....wow, Ethiopia hasn't set her best here.

Ethiopia is a country heavily reliant on imports, and customs duties must be paid on these imports. :gaasdrink:

Here's a simple example on your vehicle imports that come through Djibouti:

The customs value is based on what a database says the value was when the vehicle was new. A depreciation allowance of 10 percent per year with a maximum allowance of 30 percent is then deducted to arrive at the customs value.
:meleshame:
Non of your vehicle values fall below 70%. This is madness.
They don't want overcrowded roads. Ethiopias tax on vehicle imports are a good thing too it promotes the domestic car manufacturers. I'm done arguing about technicalities. You still reflected my question, but either way I know the answer. Good day.

BS line?

Can you please read what you just wrote? no seriously please read it.

And duty free? Have you seen your own tariffs on imports? And your still dependant on Imports.

Duty Free:cryinglaughsmiley:....wow, Ethiopia hasn't set her best here.

Ethiopia is a country heavily reliant on imports, and customs duties must be paid on these imports. :gaasdrink:

Here's a simple example on your vehicle imports that come through Djibouti:

The customs value is based on what a database says the value was when the vehicle was new. A depreciation allowance of 10 percent per year with a maximum allowance of 30 percent is then deducted to arrive at the customs value.
:meleshame:
Non of your vehicle values fall below 70%. This is madness.
Ok break it down into real numbers, let's say I order a 30k$ car and it comes thru Djibouti, how much would Djibouti charge Ethiopia to have that car come thru their port

Ok break it down into real numbers, let's say I order a 30k$ car and it comes thru Djibouti, how much would Djibouti charge Ethiopia to have that car come thru their port
It's 0-35% tax depending on what type of vehicle it is. Idk why he even brought it up.

A 1992 Toyota Corolla with 200,000km runs for 20k.
A 2004 Yaris runs for 18k.

If you import timber it's a Karbash.
If you import Fish it's a Karbash.
If you import meat it's a Karbash.
If you import Sugar it's a Karbash.
If you import drywall it's a Karbash.

One of the only Tariff free imports are fertilizers.

Businesses are fed up with levys that go to government coffers because they could inject that back into thier business and create more jobs and have higher revenue.

This is why many Somalis work with Ethiopians and import goods through the unmonitored borders. The risk is high but the payout is worth it.

This guy obviously hates to see a Somali make more revenue than him in Ethiopia. Call it what you want to call it, but Ethiopian entrepreneurs love Somalis that are savvy with serving thier needs.

Last edited:
Who is promoting and funding all this uncivilized behavior in Somalia if it isn't Ethiopia?

You guys funded and trained the rebel groups that started the civil war (with Ayaan Hirsi's dad & co) in the first place.

I wouldn't be surprised if 80% of the dysfunctional politicians in Somalia are under the payroll of Ethiopia.

It's also funny how the rational Islamic court from 2006 turned into Al Shabaab while you guys held large swathes of the south.

Not that I'm saying that all our bs can be blamed on Ethiopia... far from it.

However, anyone that understands the 80/20 rule should know that Ethiopia only needs to pay off the officials, warlords & clan elders at the top to keep things unstable.

Larger foreign factions might want a piece of our potential resources or strategic location but when it comes to Ethiopia; we're an existential risk to you.
Many Ethiopians were against the 2006 invasion, including many people in the government. I believe the usa forced Ethiopia into it. Either way the ICU declared jihad on Ethiopia. Like I said Ethiopia would never have invaded Somalia if your country respected international law and dropped territorial claims. Let me ask you this, if Somalia were to regain strength and could challenge Ethiopia would you try to invade again in order to attain the Somali region? Be honest, your answer tell you everything.

A 1992 Toyota Corolla with 200,000km runs for 20k.
A 2004 Yaris runs for 18k.

If you import timber it's a Karbash.
If you import Fish it's a Karbash.
If you import meat it's a Karbash.
If you import Sugar it's a Karbash.

One of the only Tariff free imports are fertilizers.

Businesses are fed up with levys that go to government coffers because they could inject that back into thier business and create more jobs and have higher revenue.

This is why many Somalis work with Ethiopians and import goods through the unmonitored borders. The risk is high but the payout is worth it.

This guy obviously hates to see a Somali make more revenue than him in Ethiopia. Call it what you want to call it, but Ethiopian entrepreneurs love Somalis that are savvy with serving thier needs.
The Ethiopian government is setting itself up for a meltdown, but why?

Many Ethiopians were against the 2006 invasion, including many people in the government. I believe the usa forced Ethiopia into it. Either way the ICU declared jihad on Ethiopia. Like I said Ethiopia would never have invaded Somalia if your country respected international law and dropped territorial claims. Let me ask you this, if Somalia were to regain strength and could challenge Ethiopia would you try to invade again in order to attain the Somali region? Be honest, your answer tell you everything.

14billion cubic meters of Natural Gas isn't worth it.

Your Ranked 74th on global of gas reserves.

Any Somali leader who repeats an invasion into Ogaden will set Somalia back 200 years.

Reductionism. Look at the big picture, they got you.

Not even close.

Ethiopia isn't the problem. We are.

We have ourselves by the balls.

And the only people who helped serve Somalis needs during the fall were resilient entrepreneurs who kept many goods and services flowing in and out of Somalia.

He's lying on most of that. Yes cars are super expensive, that's a good thing in the long run. Tractors and other types of vehicles are also much cheaper to import.
80k cars in a country of 100+million ppl, how is that good? Why would u make car imports that expensive, what's the goal

The Ethiopian government is setting itself up for a meltdown, but why?

The business community is fed up. Their hands are tied behind there backs.

When Ethiopians visit Qatar it's not to smoke sheesha. Qatar and Dubai are Onshore banking havens for Ethiopian entrepreneurs. Some go as far as HK and Malaysia to open accounts and deposit thier nest eggs.

When your entrepreneurs evade tax and deposit funds in international banks; it says a lot about your banking system and economic climate.

80k cars in a country of 100+million ppl, how is that good? Why would u make car imports that expensive, what's the goal
Ethiopias road system is not developed enough to handle millions of cars. Only 10 million people live in or near cities. The roads would be so congested and it would kill thousands. There are also more than 80k cars I think the number is close to quarter of a mill. Bejajs also serve as an integral form of transportation, many people depend on it for their livelihood.

They could easily manufacture thier own cars like Malaysia and subsidize them to compete with importers. But they decided to let a Private Equity manufacturer from China build cars for them.

:jcoleno: Lifan Group opened a factory in Addis Ababa in 2014. What happened to the PHDs he was talking about? Where are they? Ask him.lool

They could easily manufacture thier own cars like Malaysia and subsidize them to compete with importers. But they decided to let a Private Equity manufacturer from China build cars for them.

:jcoleno: Lifan Group opened a factory in Addis Ababa in 2014. What happened to the PHDs he was talking about? Where are they? Ask him.lool
Who says Ethiopia doesn't manufacture cars, METEC engineers and builds everything from trucks to commercial busses to tanks. They also export these items to kenya, Rwanda and dj.

On a side note you talk out of your ass, you don't know much about Ethiopia economy that's not face value.

Yea I looked them up, they're selling a massive 50 cars a Month, I'm confused at this point walahi, this is some beyond hayr baadiyo shit going on with them. So basically they don't want to import shit and want to only export, and any import (especially cars) they tax the hell out of it to encourage locals to open businesses but at the same time the locals can't cause they need to import, but then we're back to square one where u get hammered with 35% import, I'm done I give up we truly need a professa with a PHD to break down this voodoo shit

Who says Ethiopia doesn't manufacture cars, METEC engineers and builds everything from trucks to commercial busses to tanks. They also export these items to kenya, Rwanda and dj.

On a side note you talk out of your ass, you don't know much about Ethiopia economy that's not face value.

METEC is a lego block manufacturer. Every single component is made in China or Russia. Get your head out of your ass. All they do is use torque wrenched and Welder's.

15 year old teenagers from America can put together what METEC "engineers" do. Last I checked the board members were crying foul about how the assembly lines filled "engineers" who actually wanted to engineer products, but can't since the government won't let them build anything on their own.

METEC manufactures Kullaha. It's an IKEA :cryinglaughsmiley:

Status
Not open for further replies.