Test your language knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
How do you tell them apart easily though?
I'm from Sweden. I can pick apart Afrikaans, Dutch, Danish and German as well as pick out the Eastern European countries.

The Indian subcontinent keeps tripping me up though..

:mjcry:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
upload_2017-5-25_19-22-0.png

I'm on the last life
:jcoleno:

TooMacaan

VIP
I'm from Sweden. I can pick apart Afrikaans, Dutch, Danish and German as well as pick out the Eastern European countries.

The Indian subcontinent keeps tripping me up though..

:mjcry:
That's pretty cool, I didn't know we had Somalis from Scandinavia in here. I thought most were either from UK, America, Canada, or Australia.
How the heck do you pick apart the Eastern European languages though???What's the secret to telling apart Polish, Ukrainian, Russian, and even Uzbek as well as Ossetic??:drakewtf:
:damn::damn::damn::damn:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Polish, Ukrainian, Russian, and even Uzbek as well as Ossetic??:drakewtf:
I can point out Polish and Ukrainian sounds like Polish but it's not quite there..
I don't know how to explain it, Russian stands out like a sore thumb.

Playing CS:GO helped out a bit tbh, they cuss you out in Russian.

CYKA BLYAAAT!
:deadmanny:

Ossetic sounds like Pashto, Uzbek-mountainstani is 50/50 though.

black

live and let die.
:jcoleno: When you're having an easier time separating Urdu, Tamil, Hindi and Bengali from each other than the Scandinavian languages. LONDON YES.

I've almost got it though, Norwegians speak in the stereotypical rhythm. On some urlu hurly furlu BS

MadNomad

As i live and breathe
Danish and Swedish sounds nothing like Slavic- I mean Finnish :drakewtf: I'm offended

Even danish and swedish sounds completely different from each other. At this point I don't even have to listen for words i recognise when I'm listening to swedish. The have this way of speaking where their voice constantly lilt upwards like they're asking a question :drakekidding:

Exhibition A

This chart describes it best, notice the upwards and downwards trajection of their voice

LValues-Base-Curve.jpg

:deadosama:

This s danish

Norweigen is tricky I'll give u that, but it basically sounds like muffled danish/ swedish without the lilt

Danish is such a disgusting language :susp:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts