Test your language knowledge

Status
Not open for further replies.

black

live and let die.
Motherfuck Danish and Norwegian :ivers: And no I don't want explain why I thought Portuguese was Finnish :browtf:

upload_2017-5-25_16-39-41.png

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
The east Asian languages were my downfall. How am I meant to hear the difference between Mandarin, Wu and Yue Chinese or Thai and Vietnamese :jcoleno:

Screen Shot 2017-05-25 at 17.11.53.png

Vanguard

Fino alla morte
You got 1300:what::draketf:I think that's the highest so far!
I gave up after 4 tries and the highest score I got was 650 lol, now I'm motivated to beat yours :vncu2n5:

Get on my level :westbrookswag:
To be fair, I got lucky because I got mostly European languages in the beginning and then it went oriental on me :wow:

TooMacaan

VIP
Get on my level :westbrookswag:
To be fair, I got lucky because I got mostly European languages in the beginning and then it went oriental on me :wow:
Sometimes it's not even about the language but the particular accent/voice recording that you happen to get...I made the most embarrassing failure and I blame the guy's voice for literally being a whisper and mumbled af. :snoop:Portuguese was one of my strong suits too.

upload_2017-5-25_13-45-58.png

I got 550, but it's inflated because I used the process of elimination. If they told me to drag and click which languages then I would have gotten only 5 ( Mandarin, Swahili, Arabic, English, and Spanish)

On my first attempt I got 50 and on my last attempt I got 550. It was frustrating as f*ck. They expect me to tell the difference between Ukrainian and Russian. All I know is all their words end with "vsky" or something like that. Also, I didn't think they were going to use the same language twice. I disqualified Urdu because of that and got one incorrect. The first clip they showed me of Danish and Norweigan sounded nothing like the 2nd clips. Furthermore, Haitian is the most confusing one, you can never tell, the language is like a chameleon. All the options they gave me sounded viable. It sounded like an old white guy was talking in it which threw me off. And why are there multiple Chinese choices? How the f*ck do I know what Yue and Wu are supposed to be? They also have a habit of dropping hints like Pakistan within the audio, and the options were something like Polish, Thai, Marathi, and Chinese loool. I don't think I would've gotten that one if it weren't for the hint. A shit test overall.

Last edited:

Sixth

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
Norwegian, Swedish, Hausa, Hindi, Telugu, and Korean.
The bolded always trip me up they sound exactly the same, you can tell apart the difference between Swedish and Norwegian very easily.
Korean and Hausa are pretty unique you can pick them out imo.

TooMacaan

VIP
How can I be expected to tell the difference between Polish and Russian?!! Or Bengali and Urdu?? Or Marathi and Telugu???
I was getting close to 2000:wow:. I blame the Poles.:mjcry: @Vanguard Get on whose level...?:mjohreally:
upload_2017-5-25_14-51-22.png

(This was my 7th try though lol)

TooMacaan

VIP
The bolded always trip me up they sound exactly the same, you can tell apart the difference between Swedish and Norwegian very easily.
Korean and Hausa are pretty unique you can pick them out imo.
Lol, it's probably because I grew up watching Bollywood. I find that Hindi sounds like the typical "Indian accent" as well whereas Telugu has a certain uniqueness to it...I'm more likely to get Telugu confused with Marathi tbh.
I think Swedish and Norwegian sound alike but Norwegian has more of "frrt" sounds while Swedish has "sdvik" sounds if that makes sense (Danish sounds completely different from them though...more closer to Afrikaans and German). How do you tell them apart easily though? Korean and Hausa are unique but if I heard them without anyone giving me options to choose from, I wouldn't be able to pinpoint them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending